Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 38 - Foreboding Gate
With Tyball defeated and Garamon's bones found, we take some time to explore the 8th floor of the Abyss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turol
Jul 31, 2017
Enemies don't respawn as far as I know. There are some places where you can spawn infinitely many new ones though. More in UW2 than UW1.

Doors which are opened by switches or levers are immune to Open spell. There's probably a switch to open that one on the other side.

You're still carrying around a crapton of gems you don't need. Go stash them to get some carry weight back.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

turol posted:

You're still carrying around a crapton of gems you don't need. Go stash them to get some carry weight back.

But I need those for my retirement.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 39 - Seeking Revenge
We continue to explore the 8th level of the Abyss and seek out a certain troll.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 40 - Keys to Courage
We speak with some prisoners who were previous inaccessible and begin seeking out one of several keys. Also there's a spell of total earthly destruction.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 41 - Love and Truth
We see to Garamon's burial, and figure out our next move.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Dude, you have a hell of an update frequency. This is not a complaint in any way, I'm very happy to find your next installment so soon. This is an excellent lp, just don't burn yourself out because I wanna see where this ends.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Nice piece of fish posted:

Dude, you have a hell of an update frequency. This is not a complaint in any way, I'm very happy to find your next installment so soon. This is an excellent lp, just don't burn yourself out because I wanna see where this ends.

Thanks! Just trying to stick to the schedule I set up in the main post. We're very close to completing the game at this point.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

Episode 42 - Loose Ends
We make our way back to the great door on the 8th level of the Abyss, and seek out some unexplored corners on the way.

Episode 43 - Unveiling Evil
The Avatar comes face to face with the Slasher of Veils, and must banish the creature to save Britannia!

With this, the series has come to its conclusion. Thanks to everybody who joined in. I appreciate all the tips & advice, as well as the effort toward the thread journal!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Now on to the Labyrinth of Worlds :getin:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Ah, there it is; that frantic run along the green path through whatever that crazy psychedelic place was. That's the big part at the end that I didn't see when I played Underworld back in the early-mid nineties. I saw some footage of it sometime in the past few years; that was a real :wtc: moment. How did I miss something like that?

Instead, I swear I remember just hitting the Slasher of Veils with my sword until it died, chugging health potions all the while to brute-force my way through the damage it was dealing. This is over twenty years ago though, so who knows what happened, really. To be honest, my memory of the game is a blank from around the learning-the-Lizardmen-language puzzle right up to the Slasher of Veils. I don't remember if I even found any of the artefacts required to deal with the Slasher properly.

Anyway, thanks for the LP! It was good to see how the whole thing is supposed to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Thank you very much for an excellent LP of a really cool game I otherwise would never have gotten to experience.

You showcased a lot of the story very well and I definitely felt both entertained and "brought along" with the experience. Also you punched your way through the entire game which will never not be funny to me.

• Locked thread