Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Does anyone know if they're planning to add more enemies/bosses/weapons to the game? I had a lot of fun at first, but I'm getting tired of the same enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Does anyone know if they're planning to add more enemies/bosses/weapons to the game? I had a lot of fun at first, but I'm getting tired of the same enemies.

The dev said on Twitter that he's working on it, just those things take more time to add.

Atown
Aug 10, 2011
Check out this level I made. I spent a lot of time on it, but I think it's legit good.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Atown posted:

Check out this level I made. I spent a lot of time on it, but I think it's legit good.

...I'm not sure where to begin, but this is frankly pretty awful. The unindicated pit drop where there's only one safe spot to enter the next screen, as well as the first moving platform crushing you without warning if you stand on its middle instead of the very right edge of it both stand out in particular. That left side screen scroll directly into spikes without warning was also a huge dick move.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
There's a new version out with new weapons and enemies, and a new UI that gives you information about the thing you're selecting rather than having to just add it to the level and see what it is. Also apparently they've rebranded as Mega Man Maker, which is somehow to avoid a trademark issue. Go check it out!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
New bosses as well?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

New bosses as well?

I wish, but I still only see two from each game (and four from MM1).

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

New bosses as well?

only Iceman and Time man for bosses but there's tons of new enemy types and a lot of new weapons from MM1-MM4. Stuff is weighted more towards the earlier games, like they now have every weapon from 1 except for gutsman but stuff is a bit spread around. Also a lot of new backgrounds!

They also added the rising fire columns from 1 and you can freeze them with slasher which is cool.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Great big update for Mega Man's 30th anniversary! Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x7ZhsyT6LY

The highlights:
  • New stuff like the bear traps from Hard Man, the falling and rising spike things from Metal Man, the lifts that go along paths from Crash Man, keys and doors that need keys, the magnet generators and magnet enemies from Magnet Man, enemies from Mega Man 2 and 3, tilesets and backgrounds for Dr Wily from Mega Man 2 and 3
  • New bosses: Wood Man, Bubble Man, Magnet Man, and Hard Man
  • Weapon capsules that let you give the player a weapon mid-level (make your own Metroidvania!)
  • New weapons: Air Man, Leaf Man, Gemini Man, That brick drop weapon from the Mega Man 11 trailer, and Items 1, 2, and 3
  • Reworked and much-improved online interface

Looks pretty good so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Pope Guilty posted:

Great big update for Mega Man's 30th anniversary! Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x7ZhsyT6LY

The highlights:
  • New stuff like the bear traps from Hard Man, the falling and rising spike things from Metal Man, the lifts that go along paths from Crash Man, keys and doors that need keys, the magnet generators and magnet enemies from Magnet Man, enemies from Mega Man 2 and 3, tilesets and backgrounds for Dr Wily from Mega Man 2 and 3
  • New bosses: Wood Man, Bubble Man, Magnet Man, and Hard Man
  • Weapon capsules that let you give the player a weapon mid-level (make your own Metroidvania!)
  • New weapons: Air Man, Leaf Man, Gemini Man, That brick drop weapon from the Mega Man 11 trailer, and Items 1, 2, and 3
  • Reworked and much-improved online interface

Looks pretty good so far!

Looks good, though I haven't really been able to enjoy Mega Maker since I played MAGMML2.

• Locked thread