Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
After the usual stuff of investing a few hundred million (600m?) for interest and setting up family and friends for life...

Use interest gained to support a diverse range of charitable causes as well as setting up a few scolarships.

Buy 30-40 houses on the same block nearby over the course of say 10 years and rent them out until all have been secured and demolish them creating a new largish local park, provide land along the boundaries for some medium density family sized apartments surrounding it.
My Council area has the least amount of parkland in the metro area. Probably to cost about 70m to fund aquisition and the park. Developers and council can fund and build the apartments. Maybe do a deal with state government for them to aquire adjacent land for a new school.

Buy myself a nice block of land near the bush about an hour outside the city, build a neat home there with a huge workshop and garage to work on cars, maybe a bit of a hobby farm on the land too.

Buy some more land in a suitable rurual area and establish a radio astronomy observatory with a few medium sized dishes, try to partner with a number of local and international universities to fund the project and let them use the facility. Free fiber connections for the closest town residents where this would be located, a few more scolarships and research grants to go with this one.

This would be expensive, at least $200m in setting it up initially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread