Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I would buy an island off the coast of BC - this one, in fact: https://www.privateislandsonline.com/canada/britishcolumbia/whitestone-island

And it would have a nice house on it, and a big theatre system, and a great big office full of books. I would build a sweet computer system and play games most of the time, and hang out with my dog and wife. I'd have a boat to get to the mainland for nights out and groceries and such, and a couple nice cars on the mainland too - nothing too fancy like a Bugatti, but a nice Mercedes or something. Nothing ostentatious.

I'd put half the money in the bank/investments for the 'never worry again' peace of mind, having passive income without worry.

The other half would go towards the island, house, toys, etc. But that's barely $15-20m realistically. My friends and family would be taken care of for sure, call that another $50-100m in gifts and trusts and such.

Another $100-200m would go towards charities, especially animal welfare stuff. I'd fund the hell out of the SPCA, the dog and cat rescues, farm rescues, etc. Anonymous donations of tons of cat litter, dry food, toys, beds, and cash.

I've always wanted to own a bakery and a brewery. "Dan's Beers and Breads" - I would work there when I felt like baking, but otherwise find someone passionate about those things and make their dream a reality.

I like the idea of the bolt from the blue charity. Not go out looking for people in bad situations, or advertise it, but just randomly make people's day with $10,000 tips or paying for coffee for everyone at a Tim's for a week or something. Just little things to make people happy for a bit.

And contrary to above I would put $50m into a slush fund earmarked for loving with people. lovely people that I don't like, jerks, assholes, etc. Petty things too, like you cut someone off in traffic, I'm going to find a way to crush your car into a cube. Throwing cigarette butts on the ground, I'm filling your yard with fresh cow poo poo. That sort of thing.

And I would never want for weed or rum ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread