Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
1) The bulk of the funds would probably go towards buying up as much open space and farmland in my region and establishing a land trust. Part of this would include a annual grant program and donations to existing conservation organizations.

2) Already mentioned: standardized gifts to friends and family on the expectation that folks don't come begging for more.*

3) Establish some kind of business to keep myself busy. Either going full nerd into game development, or something more production oriented like craft distilling or coffee roasting.

4) Dream house on a portion of property I already have picked out, but could never afford, overlooking the Delaware Water Gap.

*EDIT I'm reasonablly certain my family wouldn't totally implode since we already have a cousin who is a multi-millionaire from inventing some kind of high frequency trading software. Nobody has ever begged or gotten jealous for a decade now.

LogisticEarth has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Jul 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Lime Tonics posted:

edit 2: misread as trillion, still though, would be funny. It's too early.

There are over 300,000,000 people in the US so even if it was a trillion instead of a billion, you'd still only be giving folks like $3-4k.

• Locked thread