Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

this is on my bucket list, the list of things that might make me kick the bucket

theres a decent local distillery that make a good bourbon for sipping, and i have a few local breweries i visit or the seasonal shifts

i keep some canadian whiskey my grandad likes (rip) around in his decanter in memoram and for sipping, not bad on the rocks and if he is any indication it brings long life and happiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a dece filter with added minerals for flavor is p nice for a water if the local tap is crappy, slightly chilled is tasty

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

i’ve never heard of adding minerals before

wonder if they available in nz

also water sucks if it’s not carbonated
soda water for life

normal water is only ok if you’re like super dehydrated or something weird like sports

some tap filters etc. do it since they tend to strip out a lot and then the water is decent water but not very much else. mineral content is part of what makes some local water taste good, or in the case of some well water with a lot of sulfur and poor filtration, bad and smelly (like my posts)

i poked around and it looks like some places sell additives for distilled water so you might find something on amazon

Schadenboner posted:

Pellegrino > La Croix unflavored.

or this nice premixed kit which tbh is tasty

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Schadenboner posted:

horrible and radium-flavored.

:(

l… lowtax?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

roboshit posted:

app idea: beer calorie counting app so you know how much less food to eat during the day to maintain your current weight while not compromising alcohol intake

gently caress, wheres the kickstarter? id buy this if it had accurate counts tbh

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i did know a gal that kept trim while enjoying beer but the secret was not eating much and then i realized it was part of a drinking problem so moral of the story dont develop a drinking problem to avoid getting fat i guess

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

im more of a bad ideas guy

donnie???

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

enjoyed a left hand milk stout and it was a fine beer but not as good as the local coffee stout from earlier in the week, or the nut brown nitro earlier in the day

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

fridays are for dortmunder gold

a good choice

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a sour beer and it was good and now i might rethink my whole beer strategy to include sours

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ikr? it smelled like halitosis and looked a bit like a sickly pils but it was the right amount of tart and almost a hit of sweet followed by a mellow sour and a cleanish tail

changed my whole view, bit of a shame it was the lone one on the board hiding in the corner from trendy ipas

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a marzen yesterday that was tasty

Improbable Lobster posted:

you allergic to rye or something

gettin on the rye train lately, tastes nice

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

ipas are really good, just avoid anything over 7.5% abv with a name like HOPKILLER 10000. there are plenty of good ones that dont taste like getting punched in the face by a pine tree. for example bells two hearted

im sure it exists but if there isn't a beer named M-M-M-M-MULTIHOPPED-D-D they haven't reached their full potential

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Corla Plankun posted:

what makes a beer taste different on tap vs in a bottle?

some of my favorite local brews taste totally different out-of-a-bottle and I don't know if it is freshness or some kind of conditioning that happens or what

also curious, i always figured it was to do with individual packing, changes in carbonation (and nitrogen etc. if they go with that) and material of the container. like how glass vs can varies vs keg. oh and light exposure, since glass is glass; even tinted bottles are still exposed more than a keg

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also trip report: i got a bunch of labatt free on tap and it was nice. id never had it draft before. normally not my choice at that place but when someone gives you a bunch of drink tickets :guinness:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kuvo posted:

sweater pinot grigio

a nice winter mead

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

itym passover beer

i had an ipa fresh from a local brewery and it was good??? theyre always sensible with their hops and it really did the trick for me to the point where i dont even get a taster before ordering their new batches. it went well with a sandwich and some good ol lol baseball

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

spankmeister posted:

Just don't eat anymore get all your calories from booze. Drink wheat beer it has a bunch of vitamins and stuff.

i know a gal like that

:smith:

i mean shes balancing it out more, but being around a heavy drinker got rough when the nights got long

Chris Knight posted:

plus u get that orange slice

okay now its a meal nm

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a going away happy hour and drank several nice locals while enjoying warm weather and being out of work early

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im not leaving the company though so ill keep drinking these good local brews

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i can stop drinking whenever i want

I like right after the glass is empty

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

actually i lied i like stopping when i realize the home team is botching the game because that way lies ruin

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also it was all local beers and the owner handed me a sample of an ipa on nitro that was tasty, but their ipa is tasty on co2 so idk if id go for the nos

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

DELETE CASCADE posted:

why would you have an ipa on nitro that makes no sense

it was strange, not bad, but more fruit and a mix of sweet and hoppy. like I said, not bad, but i dont think I'd order it since the co2 is just fine and a good level of hoppy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i think its a gateway to getting ipa avoiders to try things, and their ipas are already chill enough it basically flattens the barrier

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kuvo posted:

this

nitro stouts can be really good but i wouldnt trust a nitro ipa

yeah, its def a no go for the future but i bet it pulls the older crowd that doesnt like the hoppiness

anywho, summer beers are starting to tap in the area and a new round of watching baseball languidly while sipping cold beer begin again. once the weather improves itll be patio season and theres a few new places im looking forward to trying

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

local breweries rolled out new seasonals so tonight was seasonals and watching cleveland win in baseball (left before the cavs were embarrassing)

also a nice sip of some vodka by a regional place as a night cap

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

A lazy sunday and two PBR tallboys here. Top of the afternoon to ye

$4.28 after tax

pbr is a nice simple beer, sometimes i grab a sandwich and a few at a local place and dont have to worry about them being heavy

roboshit posted:

im gonna brew my own beer this summer what should hacker beer be named

black and amber

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

went to a place last night that had a 'trust the bartender' where you give them your preferred liquor and they make something

i said rye and got back a thing that had what i think was ginger beer and some grapefruit and some seltzer and it was delicious and perfect for a warm evening

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

can you order half beers? like, thats like two half beers but in one glass, so what if two stout glasses? ive never thought about it, or asked

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Share Bear posted:

i will have pbr if that is unavailable. i used to have yuengling but then i found out the owner/family were tools and i stopped buying it.

same and unfortunately same. also in a lol twist, yuengling is a big aluminum buyer in pa and the trade changes could affect their business due to their canning operations

graph posted:

some bars have half pints if you ask, yeah

im gonna ask around now, just because sometimes i want two different beers but not too much

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

The best cheap beer is New Castle, hth

its nice as a draft but the places by me that had it on tap swapped it out so :(. they were nice pints and about half anything else at the bar cost wise

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*drinker voice* im gin

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a nice day for some local brews. gotta love when the weather is so nice every place opens all their doors and lets a soft breeze in

helps that my team won their game so it was def a nice day for a summer beer

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

drinking pbr with the uaw

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Lyon posted:

pabst doesn't even brew their own beer. they have a bunch of partner brewers who brew and package it, primarily millercoors. it seems weird to me that they picked a specific union for pabst when their primary brewer miller has four listed and they have a bunch of other smaller partner brewers who probably aren't unionized.

thats wonky as heck

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had some tacos and some margs and a relaxing evening today

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

close your visor mirror

:eyepop:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

had a nice limoncello after a good meal tasty, it was a nice smooth but properly sour and fit with the italian influences of the meal :discourse:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

grappa is my absolute favorite after a heavy meal

that kerosene cuts like a knife

its so good, and its starting crop up more around here which is always a nice surprise

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

i'm drinking a PBR is that ok

you bet it is :hfive:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pbr followed by a modelo, bar has a 21st birthday here and i think im officially old in that it is too loud and annoying

fe: it has hopped to another bar my dive is safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

only one potential fight so far? i thought this was a Saturday? what is happening to my area??