Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i should probably post here as i drink like a fish. mostly beer (150 lashes), garbage cider (been drinking this poo poo called "newtons" or something, it comes in 6-packs held together with this plastic bottle holder thing, like how cans used to be sold) and vodka+tonic (i buy stolichnaya because idk).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i'm pretty much jim lahey irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNWzGhzBBQw

i'm sober enough to know what i'm doing and drunk enough to really enjoy doing it! cheers genitals! :bsdsnype:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

graph posted:

don't buy rolling rock

i've never had it but i recognise the name from AVGN. in the show when he drank it it always looked like clear garbage piss but i wasn't sure if that was because he was using a prop or something. is it really that colourless and piss-like irl?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

current drinking status: right in the fuckin slot, just past the click, that wonderful moment. im sober enough to know what im doing and drunk enough to really enjoy doing it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNWzGhzBBQw

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

to opitimise im drinking four different beverages and one of them is past it's best-before date!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

ron't ruote rymie?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

back on my bullshit: solichnaya and tonic inbetween garbage cider and 150 lashes beer

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

drinking stella at the moment. was at the pub last night and had a pint of it for the first time in forever and it was way better than i'd remembered. picked up a 6 pack just now and yumm

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

one of the dudes at the local bottleo has gotten me second guessing the pronunciation of Stolichnaya. is it "stol-ich-nay-a" or "stol-ich-neeya"?

edit: at that same bottleo management lets the staff pick the music played in-store and one of the staff is pro-D&B so sometimes when i go there they've got some wicked liquid playing and it owns.

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jul 21, 2018

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Devonaut posted:

It rhymes with Bill Nye-a the science guy-a

yeah that's what i thought

Uptime Sinclair posted:

it's pronounced stole-ee. full stop

well yeah sure, if you're a reprobate

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Uptime Sinclair posted:

if you're drinking stoli the shoe loving fits comrade

hey wtf i was told the stoli was the respectable option! cheap but not smirnoff

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

fart simpson posted:

alcoholism owns

you can't drink me, i'm already dead

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

esteban is getting the sleepy needle today, and i'm pouring him a saucer of pappy van winkle in a few hours.

my condolences :(

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

while this is the correct thread for it, do we really have to pretend that beer 'culture' is a rich tapestry to be explored across all nations and eras? surely we can tone that down to a minimum while still managing to paper over the fact that we drink too much?

you're thinking about it too hard. have a beer

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

brostopheles,

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/mikefossey/status/1058742746972872704

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

last night it was cider, peroni and vodka+tonic. tonight it's the remaining peronis and vodka+tonic

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i got obliterated on friday night and spent the entirety of saturday recovering. now it's sunday night and yeehaw lets go for round twooooo

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Stringent posted:

i think everyone goes through that vodka phase in their twenties

i'm still drinking vodka with tonic. ofc i'm a feckless ingrate!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i just discovered that mr. lahey from trailer park boys did a series of shorts called Liquor Stories and it's great: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbA4JWO5M5zB4Ut4VL28I_NTv9FecJ_7r

also this is my favourite clip of mr. lahey from tpb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8_y2Zl9W8

:rip: john dunsworth you magnificent bastard

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

graph posted:

sapporo big cans are fine and good value

also asahi big cans

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

rapeface posted:

i flew to melbourne for the weekend for the biggest craft beer festival in australia and i drank many good beers. also i met the number one beer instagram influencer in australia and he and his girlfriend were about as douchey as you'd expect. a+++ very fun would recommend.

noice, AU represent (from west coast best coast). what did you drink?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

it's decorative gourd seasonal beer season motherfuckers

TIL that US tallboys are 473ml instead of 500ml lol dumb af

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

akadajet posted:

guys I just thought of the worst idea for a cocktail

metamucil mimosas

lmao!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

graph posted:

picked up some 2019 goose island bourbon barrel stout for xmas day

:honk:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

nm what's ibu?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

had a goose island c&lm raddler we forgot at the back of the fridge yesterday and it instantly took me back to drinking cucumber vodka collins in the hot summer

:honk:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

im drinking a beer rn. james squire 150 lashes. good poo poo

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

graph posted:

this looks good as hell

it very much is. james squire brew beer/cider and also operate a couple of great pubs here in west aus under the name Generous Squire. 150 lashes is best from stubbies whilst golden or amber ale is best on-tap. their pub down the road from me even brews on-prem where they do small batches of experimental beers which they then sell on-tap in the pub (like a proving ground, if a beer is popular they'll start selling it proper). very cool stuff and reasonably priced ($11 a pint like it should be, none of this $10 for a schooner bullshit!)

c drink status: asahi tall boy can aww yiss

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

nice

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

cans are better than bottles in every way other than being able to do it at home

drinking a tall-boy asahi can right now it rules

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

omg get a load of this :eyepop:

yes please

all this time i've been drinking 500mL cans like a god drat PEASANT!!!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

drinking smirnoff instead of my usual stolichnaya because they were sold-out at the bottleo. just doesn't taste the same...

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

spankmeister posted:

There is never any reason to drink Smirnoff imo. Do they have Russian standard? I've always found that to be quite good for the money.

tbh when they said they were out of stoli i kinda just panicked and blurted out the first brand that came to mind :doh: looking at their website they do have russian standard, might try that next time

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

prefect posted:

does it have a big rectangular building on the label? that's important

stoli does

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

yospos bitch!!!

*bithc

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

drinking vodka(stolichnaya)+tonic and asahi tall-boy cans aww yiss

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i'm Jim Lahey IRL (:rip: John Dunsworth)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8_y2Zl9W8

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

drinking some coopers stubbies, also stoli+tonic. living the dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

back on the asahi tall boys. drat good beer in a 500ml can!