Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hello friends, any rum drinkers here? My collection is growing and I really like dark, unsweetened rums. Mostly from independent bottlers. (I actually bought rum in Scotland lol, at Cadenheads)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I like the independent bottlers because they take the rum from where it's made but age it in Europe where the spirit can age slower.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Shut the gently caress stymie you sad sack of poo poo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I suppose some yeast strains can ferment lactose? Most can't which is why it's used to sweeten certain beers (like milk stout).

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I have some two year old swedish glugg from Ikea. Idk if that stuff ages well or not, guess I'm about to find out

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Leaving Las Christchurch

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Writer's Tears is p deece

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

DELETE CASCADE posted:

that's basically all japanese whiskey. in my imagination i picture a japanese distillery as a perfectly clean laboratory style setup full of white tables and apple products. they also have huge shelves lined with ancient books on the art of scotch making, but none of the books have ever been opened. contrast with the typical scottish distillery: three bearded ghouls going "ACH" and spitting all over the place, pouring a little more bongwater and peat rot into the whiskey to give it that extra islay tang

You're closer to the mark than you may think.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I like some PX sherries that are very sweet, dark, thick and rich. Like they squeezed out raisins in a glass.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

In Vegas I'd usually get Sam Adams or something because it's free and not completely horrible like bud light or other trash tier beers

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bulleit bourbon is €22 here

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Belgian beer is really good on average* and anyone who thinks Belgian beers are not among the very best in the world simply don't know jack poo poo about beer.

*their pilsners/lagers suck tho

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Putting ice makes bad whisky taste better but good whisky taste worse

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if it tastes good neat and at room temperature, it tastes better with some ice in it

:wrong:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Kuvo posted:

i bought $7 sake and now i know why it was $7 :negative:

sake is bad anyway rice should be eaten

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

in snobby beer bars here, you can easily pay $10-15 for a craft bottle, or like a 4oz pour of some super fancy beer and clear that price easily.

That's nice but in Norway and other Nordic countries that's the price for regular old draft lager.

Imagine paying $15 for a Heineken.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

big scary monsters posted:

sours are good imo but my experience is that only belgians can do them right

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i am going to sweden in may and i want to bring some GOOD OLD AMERICAN BOURBON to jolly old sweden. anyone live there and know a brand that isn't available? i'll bring that. I live in LA so I can get pretty much anything.

This is what the state liquor store offers:

https://www.systembolaget.se/sok-dryck/?searchquery=Bourbon&subcategory=Whisky&combinedcountry=USA&fullassortment=0

And that's the only store allowed to sell liquor in Sweden.

I'm not a Swede so an actual Swedish person might correct me but I'm pretty sure.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

roboshit posted:

makes me mad drinkin makes u fat

Just don't eat anymore get all your calories from booze. Drink wheat beer it has a bunch of vitamins and stuff.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The widget contains some nitrogen to simulate a nitro tap. It's a neat idea and sort of works.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

As far as IPA's go I tend to go for session IPA's now because they are made to be easier to drink so usually they're not as turbofucked with the hops. Less alcohol too but eh.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

I do not consume alcohol

Sorry for you're loss

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

I do not consume alcohol

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’m drinking a glass of laphroaig to spite stymie

:thunk:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I admire your dedication to spiting stymie

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

yospos must acquire a bottle of this

https://twitter.com/atlasobscura/status/992488860394369025

isnt that great

that's cool as heck

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/995080643129303040

This poo poo tastes like cough syrup, and not in the "Russians think root beer tastes like cough syrup because of the tragic horrors of the Stalinist gulag system" way, either. It actually tastes like cough syrup.

This looks like one of those fake brands that some marketing person invented at a massive brewers conglomerate.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Light beer is an affront to the Lord.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Stringent posted:

one of my favorite italian places here will give you a pour into the dregs of the post-meal esspresso. grappa and coffee grounds is a drat good mix.

I suppose you like astringent things.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

SO DEMANDING posted:

what, where's the pint of ether and salt shaker full of coke?

was thinking the same

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Leffe Blond

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

prefect posted:

this reminds me: i've never actually had crown royal. i wonder what it's like :thunk:

it's boring

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

My family used to go to a bar/pizza place that had RC Cola in the soda gun. It was v. deece.

E: Also, I miss Red Bull Cola. And the old Jolt that came in the plastic bottles (not the resealable battery metal cans).

Red Bull cola is available in Western Europe, I get it sometimes. It's nice to taste the separate ingredients instead of the big smear of flavor that is coca cola. (Not that I dislike coke)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I had some 18 year old rum from Panama.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

In the US and A, pharmacies are supermarkets and supermarkets have pharmacies in them.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Peroni is okay, not great, definitely better than Budweiser.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

roboshit posted:

TFW ur hands are shaking and ur seeing bugs everywhere because you ran out of mor]ning beers

Cool

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

All whiskies are beautiful.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Okay maybe not all of them

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I;'m drinking Colombian rum. It's very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I always eat my cereal with milkstout