Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
quick reminder: alcohol is a scourge and the shame of a nation

edit: lol glad to see a classic av back in rotation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the goal should be eliminating the factors in your life that cause you to seek out self-medication and other avoidant behaviors

you deserve to live your best life and you have the power to make the necessary changes that will put you on a path to self-fulfillment and contentment

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

"you deserve to be sober so you can focus on doing the things you really want in life. what are the things that you want?"

"to drink."

i know you don't feel this way, but you can live a happy life

you can

you deserve to live a happy life

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i remember coming back from class to my university dorm room one wednesday afternoon during my freshman year to discover my roommate and his pals already through a 24 pack of beer, a bottle of bacardi 151 and each nursing a cup of jd the size of a big gulp

unsurprisingly none of them able to return for the next year and one even managed to wash out during the first semester

alcohol destroys lives

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dislike button posted:

this is an impressive self own, so im quoting it

personally i'd be more appalled at young students throwing their futures away because they were alcoholics at 18 but hey, funny computers

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

sounds like they ended up in a life of working labour rather than computer touching

washing out of school wouldn't have barred them from computer touching, but it definitely would nix any possibility of working a good trade

more than likely they're working dead end it janitor jobs, which is sad

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i know it's not something most people here have heard often but here's some realtalk: skilled labor jobs require a whole shitload more education than being a computer toucher

it's really not a good look to assume that every person who Does Labor is some ignorant pleb, but most everyone in yospos is an armchair marxist anyway

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the correct term is "cartoon cattits"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's really hard to understand the learning that goes into actually knowing a trade when your only context for "work" is coding fart apps or janitoring some computers for upwards of 2 hours a week

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yep, computer touching, that's a business that isn't rapidly becoming automated in every way, nosiree

i mean, aside from the billion dollar market segments that focus on doing precisely that, but let's ignore those

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol adorable

keep on holding on to those dreams, lil buddy

hopefully by the time your glorified typist position goes away you'll still be young enough to learn a trade

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i hope you find happiness because you clearly have not found it yet

you deserve to have contentment and self-fulfillment and it cannot be found computer touching

namaste

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think it's very important that this thread have a regular poster who is a textbook example of someone destroying their life with alcohol

you may think you have things under control, but it's just a matter of time

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the problem with ipas (aside from the larger issues of alcohol consumption) is that it's a manifestation of elitism when it comes to drinking

"oh you can't appreciate the finer notes of this beer? guess you don't have a sophisticated enough palate, you pleb"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
don't have be an alcoholic to have drinking destroy your life

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just another day in the drinking thread

quick reminder that alcohol is a scourge and the shame of a nation

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kenny Logins posted:

us/canada aren't even in the top ten of countries worldwide for alcohol consumption per capita

which means we don't have far to go to reduce it to zero

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
100% of people should not drink

Alcohol: It's A Scourge!

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
countercounterpoint: lol if you think trump is honest about his temperance in any form

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

prefect posted:

also on my never-drink-again list: sambuca :barf:

same but all alcohol because it's a scourge

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
alcohol has many good uses, such as in medical or industrial applications

when it comes to its consumption and societal impact it is categorically a scourge

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
basically while alcohol in general is a scourge, ordering cocktails is basically this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4TGGtPzBU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think that, given that there are multiple yosposters who are struggling with alcohol abuse and are now looking to try and sober up for their own benefit, this thread should be closed as it is in tremendous poor taste for it to continue to exist

mods please consider closing it for the sake of the yospos community tia

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
no, you're right we should let a few posters lose limbs or die in hot cars in the name of "harm reduction"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
give your family the gift of your love and respect this year: embrace sobriety

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i love myself and my family enough to stay sober, and i’m grateful they do as well

we’ve had a wonderful xmas, thank you for asking. i hope you have too

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kenny Logins posted:

btw shout out to any fellow yosposters also doing a dry run of January. first week is always the toughest. I haven't decide how far I want to take this, yet

have the courage and belief in yourself to take it all the way

you deserve to live a healthy and fulfilled life and you can do it :)

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hahaha it's funny because alcohol is destroying the lives of people who post on this forum

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm not a therapist but i hope you are able to get help for your chemical dependency

everyone deserves to live a healthy life free of addiction :)

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just drink water

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this is some real picky eater baby palate whining, basically the liquid equivalent of only eating chikky nugs

just drink water

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Corla Plankun posted:

what makes a beer taste different on tap vs in a bottle?

marketing and herd mentality

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Forum Of Alcoholics Confidently States That They Don't Have A Problem

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eschaton posted:

“drinking to feel drunk is bad” say guidelines first formulated by a bunch of loving Calvinists and the Evanston Women’s Temperance League

also be sure to eat corn flakes so you don’t want to masturbate, all pleasure is sin and leads to nothing but ruin!

Local Atheist Chooses Logic, Alcoholism

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Silver Alicorn posted:

I do not consume alcohol

:same:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
offhand i'm going to suggest rooting around in the trash for something to drink isn't really positive behavior

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
there's a difference between sorting through garbage to eke out a living and going through the neighbor's waste bins because of an addiction or some sort of wino cosplay

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kuvo posted:

warsteiner pils

they make booze in pill form now?

or is this thread just finally taking its inevitable turn toward harder drug abuse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
alternatively: don't consume alcohol as it is a scourge and the shame of a nation