Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

got this guy recently from saving codes from the bottles

only had to drink 30 of em

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I used to like Christian Brothers Brandy but then I almost killed myself with it one night years ago and I never went back to it.

Johnny Walker Black is deece. So is Bulleit Bourbon, Rye or otherwise.
johnny walker black is deece because...it has laphroaig in it

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

bourbon is good, it might be u that is the disaster
bourbon is syrupy piss

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

"gin and milk" reminds me of that time i looked at the back of a bottle of schweppes and one of the suggested preparations was tonic and milk
theres a james baldwin story that mentions scotch and milk. i chuckled but its actually pretty good, just a little bit of islay scotch and plenty of good whole milk

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

all day ipa is good

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

also i had this the other day and it fuckin oooooowns https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30654/100443/

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

I'm going to go buy scotch afterwork and plan to enjoy 40 milliliters (+/- 5%) (a safe amount) should I get Laphroaig quarter cask or maybe a balveie sherry cask? I like peaty but I already have Laphraig 10 and some ardbeg 10.
laphroaig quarter cask is nice, but its not that different from the regular old 10 tbh (which is my favorite whisky tho)

try talisker.

lagavulin is good too although im not as much a fan of the sherry notes. don't bother with the 12, head straight for the 16

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

echinopsis posted:

my threshold is about 9 standard drinks an evening, can do it day in day out. any more than that and i start to pay the price too much the day after. also doing the trick where you choose alcohol calories over food calories coz i don't need to hurt my diabetes by gaining weight
my body does this fun thing where if i drink even a little too much i wake up after sleeping 3-4 hours and cant go back to sleep, spend the next day feeling like poo poo even if not hungover.

i love scotch, wine, beer for the aesthetic experience but really dont enjoy being any more than slightly drunk. i can get pretty drunk every once in a while at a party or w/e but otherwise try to keep it to 3-4 drinks max spread out widely throughout the nite

weed, on the other hand,

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Kuvo posted:

oh cool i can post my current scotch lineup

ardbeg rules

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

my brother left a bottle of talisker 25 here and i been takin wee drams :yosbutt:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

:wrong:

well, partially

laphroaig: 10 is better than quarter cask, although i will admit that the higher alcohol content of the quarter cask makes it more difficult for me to drink unless i add a bit of water (to my eternal shame)
ardbeg: again, 10 is better, because i don't want sherry in my goddamn campfire juice
lagavulin: correct
^this is correct

cask strength whisky SHOULD be diluted to normal strength (~43%) anyway, not shameful.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

yospos loves piss beer for some reason. replace hops with piss and u have ur typical yosbeer.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

duchesse de bourgogne is a good jumping off point
"this smells and tastes like sweaty socks. in the best way possible" – beer store guy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

try bideo james.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

or gently caress one of ur concubines, idk

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

happy monday yospos. ive had a tough coupla days and decided to take myself out 4 dinner & got myself a lil present after~

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncRQgz5tW7s&t=54s

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

what are some good non alchoholic beverages

i have a cold so i am drinking orange juice for example

maybe certain other posters should consider a good juice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcky5mhZcYs
ginger buzz is my go to for when i want a beer but dont want to drink a beer

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

that is extremely triggering

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Kuvo posted:

current drink status

:discourse:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

thing i forgot to post from singapore: while alcohol prices there are ridiculous, they do have this thing they term a 'whisky library':

the prices are still high but gently caress it, whisky library
theres one of these in dc and it owns.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

it just started getting kind of cold at night which i am using as an excuse to drink chimay blue on the regs

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the night i graduated from grad school we all went to this soju place downtown that serves it out of watermelons. you can barely taste the alcohol and then suddenly you're FUCKIN drunk

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

my wife got a rose slush from some restaurant and it was, as expected, terrible. she thought it'd be more than just frozen rose but nope, that was it
yup my friends made this and it was also terrible.

gf and i went to sushi nakazawa in nyc for my birthday. they have a "sake tasting" option which is listed at $40 but it really means $40 a glass and they keep bringing it out until you tell them to stop. we didnt get taht and ended up being wicked drunk and $400 in the hole. oh well

still dont know much about sake but i quite liked dassai and bought a bottle afterwards

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

trillium is so good it makes me angry

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

bout to cook a stir fry and pair it with a fat chimay blue to neutralize the eating healthy benefits

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

was in portland me and had some good things at oxbow that i can't remember the name of
this reminds me i need to go back to portland me which is awesome aside from the junkies everywhere

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

we stayed in an airbnb in this palatial mansion and had omakase at a place downtown. it was not what i pictured from that city, but a few weeks later i stayed at my friends place who works at a brewery and lives next to basically an open air drug market, which is much closer

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

probably the only pilsner i can say that i really like

oh gently caress i love great lakes. i used to get one of theirs in dc - lake erie monster. wish i could get it in mass, but noooo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

laphroaig hangovers: dear god

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Kilometres Davis posted:

Scotch is good (Bourbon too) but Islays are massively overrated. Plenty of good highland and speyside malts that don't try to choke you with peat
pls quarantine terrible opinions to the tesla thread

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i;m drinking japanese beer. it’s piss

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Stringent posted:

the big 3 japanese lagers, at least as they're sold in japan, are quite needs suiting.
sapporo, kirin ichiban, and...?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ah i had that one in a coffeeshop the other day and it basically tasted the same as the other two

theyre fine i mean. pair really well with the food here actually. good in this oppressive heat

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

it’s kind of forced me to drink some clean tasting lager for a change which is prolly a good thing. ive been on hoppy/bitter IPAs and chimay blue in the states for years now

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

oh this is real cool ty, all reccos are v appreciated

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

havinf a laphroaig cocktail?? its pretty good actually

little dow’s, green chatreuse, salt. genious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

where u ask?? at the Genious b;ar. geniouses only - small braim? get teh gently caress out..