Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

mm fermented milk liquor

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

gin and milk

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

tori said he was 18 beers in yesterday evening, so that's halfway there

but yea it's a real exponential curve thing. what is the statistic? like half of all americans don't drink at all? (losers) and then another 40% drink less than one drink per day on average, and the top 10% drink 70 or more drinks per week?

one of my sister's friends is a rapidly declining alcoholic and she goes through 16-20 bottles of wine a week, apparently. and 20 bottles is still only 160 standard drinks

my uncle used to drink 2 24s a day for years until he had to stop (or die). I dont know how you can consume that much liquid, and what about water?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

shoot dope not liquor. for your health

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

qhat posted:

i don't trust a person who is already mentally impaired to be able to accurately judge their own ability to function when they're mentally impaired.

if you're always hosed up is it impairment or normalcy?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

stop nerdsplaining to the pharmacist

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

I know this is going to be a controversial opinion, but drunk driving is actually really safe.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

interestingly enough a similar thing was found with spicy foods, I'll try to pull up a link. if you take (beta blockers? I half remember) beforehand, spicy food was found to be unenjoyable in a study, I think endogenous opioids play a role.

environment is interesting and related to tolerance, as well. if you're somewhere new and unfamiliar you'll feel it more than at home

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

mishaq posted:

lol

99% of the tequlia in european and asian bars is the most no-name export-only mixto garbage with sombreros on the top

poor folks dont know what good tequila tastes like

still have a bottle of Don Julio 70 which I got in Mexico and it is really fuckin good

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

good tequila is great to sip, served neat is the proper way to go about it but on ice is fine too. "shots" and dumb poo poo like worms is export and misconception

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

i would legit like to be proven wrong with a good tasting tequila

if there's limited good tequila you could prolly still get a good margarita somewhere

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

minivanmegafun posted:

i like gin

letherbee gin is my usual choice

gin is good, negronis have grown on me to be one of my favorite drinks. this is the gin i have now, but i'm instead drinking the strong poo poo beer san miguel makes called red horse

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

John Big Booty posted:

Also you can get a better grip on it for extraction when you accidentally fall on it when drinking in the shower.

please do not gently caress glass bottles

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

mishaq posted:

anime dogtits

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

why don't you go have a drink with your labourer pals from the labour factory

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

all labour is labour

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

more bitter = better than

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

it's good. masi just started making one and it's p dece. on these hot days I've been having more verde though

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

growers is the official cider of public transportation

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

komboucha lol. get out of the alcoholism thread

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

poppy tea is a good non alcoholic beverage

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

most cork isn't "cork" poo poo was dying with boomers

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

i like yellow tail shiraz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a lot of red wines have sulfites and give me awful headaches but that one doesn't, as far as i can tell

hmm, I thought there is some dispute over sulphites role in hangovers, if you were to have an allergy a reaction would be very noticeable but I can't say with certainty about sensitivities... in any case my subjective experience would suggest they do, I've had far fewer hangovers making my own white wine with a bit of absorbic acid, but idk

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

ascorbic you pedant

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

noo retirement communities are bad for std transmission methed up olds would be a health crisis, just fade out with prescription opiates like god intended

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

the combination of tobacco and alcohol use creates a risk of mouth and throat cancer that is like two orders of magnitude higher than either one on its own. something about how the alcohol damages mucous membranes which are then made more permeable to the carcinogens in the tobacco.

this is u :unsmigghh:

actually smoking is cool and good for you

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Victoria Day in Canada is also "May 2-4"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

e. all booze is good

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

booze is good, agreed

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

100% of people should not quote Stymie

Stymie : It's A Scourge!

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

if you want to make a whiskey cocktail at least learn one of the 10,000 ones that are better than "tastes like coke, but worse"

it is sort of surprising that gut rot like the Cuba libre became so popular. I understand this is in part because of Cuba's relationship with America / sugar monoculture export but it was unambiguously swill of the time

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

sickly sweet drinks are for children

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

agreed. micheladas are also a great use of Clamato.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

alcohol has many good uses, such as in medical or industrial applications

when it comes to its consumption and societal impact it is categorically a scourge

don't sign your posts

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

it shouldn't be drank as a shot but with water to make a cloudy drink. it's fine, there are both better and worse aniseed liquor, but anise is not categorically terrible

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

chartreuse is a painful liquor to drink. it's what you buy people on their 21st as a cruel joke on their well-being

make a Last Word it is good

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

I like pastis (Ricard please) because I'm an octogenarian Frenchman

:same:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

wise housewifes know white wine is the alcoholic pro choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

well yeah but that's a gradual or deferred death. it's tough to want to drink enough beer in a sitting to get alcohol poisoning