Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

poty posted:

i make my living with my amazing brain op i cant risk damaging it by drinking. and for what just to be more sociable pick up a girl and high five yourself

If you've ever met a CEO you'll know that being too smart can be a serious detriment to success.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I bought a bottle of this and hated it but towards the end of the bottle I realized I loved it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

akadajet posted:

gotta say, this stuff tastes like smoked poo poo

You just have to drink more until your addiction associates the taste with alcohol.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Red Labial: Old Crotch Whisky

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sham bam bamina! posted:

surprised that nobody has said slurm or whatever they drink in rick and morty yet

Haha yeah, you'd have to be really unfunny to bring up those shows in YOSPOS. *ahem*

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm not a heavy drinker because I took the time to look up the medical definition and then used a graduated beaker to ration my alcohol exactly below the threshold . That's how I know I don't have a problem.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

echinopsis posted:

my threshold is about 9 standard drinks an evening, can do it day in day out. any more than that and i start to pay the price too much the day after. also doing the trick where you choose alcohol calories over food calories coz i don't need to hurt my diabetes by gaining weight

You're a heavy drinker who will face medically significant health complications unless you cut back immediately.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm going to go buy scotch afterwork and plan to enjoy 40 milliliters (+/- 5%) (a safe amount) should I get Laphroaig quarter cask or maybe a balveie sherry cask? I like peaty but I already have Laphraig 10 and some ardbeg 10.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

echinopsis posted:

yeah my sleep has been poo poo lately

i totally gave up drinking after a disasterous night for about two months and only recently started again

the 9 standard drinks a night situation is something i've done and am capable of but sont want to go back to. it's just the prospect of being sober in the evening is so life drainingly depressing :lol:

Have you considered operating a YOSPOS swingers BBS service?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I know this is going to be a controversial opinion, but drunk driving is actually really safe.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Poopernickel posted:

pour yourself a rum and rum

This is very dangerous and the mixture could be flammable!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

a very small horse posted:

I have some kracken rum that i should probably drink before i move in a few days but the only mixer in the house is some flat coke. can you drink just rum and ice? i have some limes too

Freeze the rum into tiny ice cubes and swallow them whole.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm drinking a La Croix which rhymes with laphroaig, but also every time it reminds me of that "crushing cold ones" picture someone posted and I laugh a little.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you haven't had la croix curate you're loving up.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I just drank a glass of Glenmorangie and now I'm sitting here contemplating how skilled labor is actually quite easy and doesn't require skill.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I get paid to post on yospos and that's harder to do well than plumbing or welding or whatever.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

qhat posted:

impotent yospos alcoholic

Ok, this is obviously a deliberate setup.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sagebrush posted:

qhat is some kind of mini-shaggar but not as subtle and with worse attitudes

You're wrong, and also I rate you post at 5 megashaggars.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Lyon posted:

for an entry point into sour beers maybe start with a gose, it's a tart german style with salt, it's tart without being enamel ripping

other options would be to look for tart saisons but i don't really enjoy normal saisons so if you grab the wrong one it won't actually be tart or sour at all

Yeah but also, once a beer is soured it will keep getting more sour as time goes by, and you really can't stop the process. This means that all sour beers go from normal and good to horrible and undrinkable. Try to figure out when a batch is fresh or get them on tap. Avoid anything that's got dust on it at the liquor store because its going to taste like a sugarless sour vine.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm at a hotel bar in Chicago drinking laphoraig and loving around with linux getting ready for an interview tomorrow. Empty quote this if you're one of the nerds sitting behind me.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I just had an idea and hear me out on this; what if Echi used his E/N thread for this and then all the normal people could talk about drinking using this thread. I love you bro but come on man you got your own thread and everything.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

minivanmegafun posted:

I'm not empty quotin you but I'm in Chicago at a fire in my back yard

you should take the Chicago job houses are cheap here

The job is in Reston VA. Confused yet???? I sure am.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'll drink to that!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

qhat posted:

you'd think that russians would be ultra hardened with alcohol given the industrial cleaner poo poo they drink, but all the russians i know are also somehow the first to get completely shitfaced at any gathering

It's because they're already a few in when they show up.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i could get liquor but thats just not as fun to drink. esp in the AM lol

Bong up a doober.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

du -hast posted:

It is truly baffling to me that it yosposters are not as alcoholic as they used to be or claimed to be

its almost like im the only one that drinks 16 beers every day then goes to work, and a whole 24 on the weekends. im not proud of it in any way but im surprised that im in the minority on this one tbqh

Make sure you have a scheduled task on your computer that tells us when you die.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

He thinks that diet coke is a weight loss supplement.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Agile Vector posted:

had a sour beer and it was good and now i might rethink my whole beer strategy to include sours

They're good, but you gotta be careful because once they start the souring process it doesn't stop. If you get one that's old or from a bar that doesn't sell a lot of sours its going to taste like one of those novelty sour candies.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
In my opinion there is no stout finer than Founder's Imperial stout.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Plank Walker posted:

bought myself some four roses single barrel and knob creek single barrel

liking the four roses more at the moment, 120 proof knob is a little spicy for my baby palate

You're supposed to add water to it. It's "case strength".

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Sorry, yes I meant "cask strength" and the quotes were meant to indicate a slight distain.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

graph posted:

glbc cloudcutter would be better if it were 20 ibu rather than 40 imo

glibc has its own alcohol brand?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
yospos drinking thread: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Salt Fish posted:

yospos drinking thread: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Now that stymie is here there's a 4th R, but I won't say what it is out of respect for his condition.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

People have always gone insane over popular beers, like Pliny the Younger, a bunch of abbey ales, etc.

Meanwhile, Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is like #1 beer or whatever and I can buy a 12-pack pretty easy.

Bells and founders thanks.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Silver Alicorn posted:

had some mead for Christmas :cheers:

You can basically split mead into 2 groups; King Arthur types and then regular types. Post any mead I can tell you which group it belongs in.

This is the best one I had so far:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Vodka tonic is my favorite mixed drink, but I don't care for soda or juice, and I would never drink vodka neat.