Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

Barleywine is gross imo

love me a good barleywine. not a very common style, sadly.

weyerbacher blithering idiot is super good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i went to a bigass whisky tasting last month (the "before times" as im starting to call it) and came to the conclusion that in the world of Scotch, Laphroaig is pretty much all i need.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

A FESTIVE SKELETON posted:

belgian quadruples

bought a bunch of belgians at my last booze run, including delerium red

it was absolutely loving awful

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lots of belgians are good for aging, supposedly

i don't have the patience for that

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

graph posted:

the local micro down the street just released a foeder barleywine that can be aged 25 years

theyre also doing the solara method for the next 10 years where they only bottle half the foeder and brew the next batch in with the old one. interesting stuff

that sounds very cool and also i'm gonna guess rather expensive

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Uptime Sinclair posted:

finally tried a sour beer a couple weeks ago. did not care for it

in my experience the only good sours are belgian, any that are good and not belgian either have belgian involvement (ommegang pale sour) or were purely accidental

even then they are pretty divisive. remember a few years ago everyone was saying sours were totally going to be the next big thing after IPAs? lol

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

so speaking of belgian sours, had a liefmans goudenband tonight

that is a damned fine beer. don't drink it too cold though, right out of the fridge is no good, let it warm up a bit. it's somehow everything at a once, sweet sour bitter dry.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

someone find this poo poo and let us know how terrible it is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

laphroaig is great and hard to beat, i'll have to try the lagavulin 8. a store here had it for $40 and i'm always keen for a bang-for-your-buck scotch

i don't care for any of ardbeg's stuff. them and laphroaig are both peat bombs but there's just something unpleasant about arbeg.