Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm going to see it but as an insufferable armchair general I can't help but be concerned by how the trailers seem to be presenting the whole battle. Like, the best way I can describe it is that it just seems so empty. This was the largest military evacuation of all time with large scale battles on both sea and air. And yet it seems from the trailers that there's 4 planes in the sky, 5 boats in the water, and like a couple hundred men on the beach. The Dunkirk scene in Atonement was far more "epic" than this. Maybe it's because Nolan wanted to use as little CGI as possible but everything seems to be lacking.

But maybe thats just in the trailers.

From the review or two I read this seemed to be an artistic choice that we very rarely see the enemy of whoever the movie is currently focused on and that the movie instead intercuts its three acts into each other for dramatic weight around the action instead of actually showing a lot of action. That.....could be dramatically outstanding so I'll give it being PG-13 a pass if the editing really does make it more intense.

I am torn on this though, it kind of doesn't interest me enough to want to see it in a theater, but at the same time it's totally the kind of movie you want to see in a theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread