Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

SolarFire2 posted:

Why was the minesweeper that got bombed at anchor instead of maneuvering?

I'm actually pretty surprised that it took until the second-last page of this thread for anyone to bring up the minesweeper's anchor. I loved the film but that was the first thing I saw during that scene.
That said, I'm willing to bet good money that she was at anchor to take what would have been pretty difficult shots with a ship floating or under power. Strange that he didn't CGI it out, but then, maybe it wasn't so noticeable as I thought.

Speaking of that ship, a friend of mine has been volunteering for the Dutch Sea Cadets for years now, and he linked me to some photos of some training exercise or something they did in their cadet's ship - some old minesweeper or something:

http://dunkirk-the-movie.com/en/f34-hr-ms-sittard/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread