Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nolan should make a movie about the Blitz. Maybe he wants to do something else adter all the work that went into this but that's what I want to see.

Because of some bad planning we got to theater late so the first thing we saw was Dawson casting off. How much did we miss, 10 minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I read something yesterday that said Spitfires have been known to glide for 15 miles so that's not too unrealistic. Shooting down a Stuka while gliding is pushing things a but though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnerberg posted:

Was George a real person, or maybe from a work of fiction?

Seeing his parts play out gave me a strong feeling of deja vu. I'm sure I'd heard about a kid who fell on a boat, went blind and died. I think we read about him at school, but I can't remember anything other than feeling upset that he died. He seems like an unlikely subject at my Norwegian school too. Our WWII classes were either about the overall events or the local resistance.
None of the characters are explicitly real people.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd say the most whining about this movie comes from idiots with a weak grasp of history. They wanted an oorah action films and instead got one about a horrible military blunder, the effects of war, and regular people doing their part.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Personally I think it's nice that things worked out so that the run of the mill British troops didn't get publicly blamed for mistakes made by generals and politicians. In a case lke this "survival is enough" is the right sentiment.

• Locked thread