Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Class Warcraft posted:

I think this movie is going to be divisive and I wonder if seeing it in IMAX is going to be a contributing factor to whether someone loves it or hates it.

I saw it in a regular theater and all the raving I'm seeing about the visuals and audio effects don't match up at all with what I experienced. For me almost all the sound effects and dialogue were pretty muted and almost completely covered up by the music. Visually the entire film seemed to be filmed in a kind of washed-out grey/blue filter. The only scene that really stood out as looking great were the final scenes of the Spitfire over the beach.

Then you hugely missed out and it makes me worry about this movie's fate after video release. Saw this in IMAX Digital and the visuals and sound were overwhelming. Every gunshot was an auditory assault, every dive bombing terrifying. Every shot felt enormous, though I'll agree that I had a hard time believing 400,000 men were on that beach.

One thing I wasn't clear on: What happened to the Frenchman? Was he the one who drowned in the boat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread