Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I had a really hard time enjoying this, from the uncompelling characters (aside from Boat Dad, god Mark Rylance is a treasure) an awful dialogue mix+British mumbling and a perpetually near-unseen enemy. Nolan didn't make an anti-war movie, he made an un-war movie.

The delayed timescales kinda worked but it never really felt like it was coming together. Zimmers stopwatch ticking score didn't do much for me either.

It's gorgeous and the effects sounds are lovely and detailed but that's about it. Nolan isn't good at making human, connected films but this one felt like a documentary with an immaculate budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

GazChap posted:

I really liked this. I'm fairly sure that the only character that's even named is George, the innocent young boy killed on the Moonstone which thematically I think is quite telling.

The blonde fighter pilot is named, although I don't remember what it was

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

"Oy, me chap is waving, all's well!"

Guy is frantically gesturing for help.

Yeah but what would be have done anyway? Could have been simply waving goodbye, good luck

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

e: Mark Rylance was not good.

You best watch your back son

• Locked thread