Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Seeing this in IMAX is an absolute necessity IMO. You will really miss out if you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Phi230 posted:

What makes you think Hardy's spit had a gyro gunsight.

I'm no expert but when they showed the reticule it was moving around in a way that looked like it would have been on some kind of stabilization system i.e. a gyro.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Phi230 posted:

Those gunsights moved when you moved that's because of the way the gunsight works not because of a gyro. Like when you look at the gunsight from the side it'll look distorted and different than looking at it from the front. Plus the sight itself jiggling, and the camera moving around. Its just an optical thing

I thought the camera was stationary whenever it was in that position but I'd need another viewing to confirm that.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Ammanas posted:

Yeah but what would be have done anyway? Could have been simply waving goodbye, good luck

I'm pretty sure it was just to indicate to Hardy that he landed alive. The water didn't start to fill the cockpit at that point.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Pander posted:

Uh, to me it looked like he was trying to get the canopy open, desperately, and you realized in the earlier scene that Hardy misinterpreted it as a wave "okay".

Not that he could have done much about it besides fret.

Maybe I'm misremembering that too. I was pretty stoned when I saw it.

Pro-tip: this is a GREAT movie to watch stoned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

You know the more I hear about this Hitler guy the less I like him.

As Norm MacDonald would say, he was a real jerk.

• Locked thread