Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
1. Caught smuggling in my own gravy
2. Suborning a fry cook
3. Referred to evening manager, Tim Watley, as a "Buffet Nazi" when asked to turn off boombox
4. Ordered duck confit, made a scene when rebuffed
5. Live crawdads
6. Compared restaurant dis-favorably to arch-rival Gadsden, AL Shoney's
7. Distributed extremist little league pamphlet, Mitts are Murder
8. Wore false mustache and claimed to be El Jefe de Shoney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
1. Marketing my own family-style fare in the parking lot
2. Replaced all the ranch dressing with light ranch
3. Allegedly purchased billboards on I-20 labeling Tim Watley an "ice cream sodomizer"
4. Called every day for 26 straight days to try to make a reservation
5. Belligerently mistyping the Shoney's Bear as a "fat chipmunk"

vanisher

Accidentally called it a "Sizzler," was attacked by staff and thrown out

vanisher

Asked if I could could borrow the bear costume for my girlfriend to wear during dress up night

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Stole every fork I ever touched, returned them welded together.

vanisher

Stole the fork sculpture

Darkman Fanpage
kept asking inconvenient questions about the shooney's-big boy split

Darkman Fanpage
insisted they bring out the clown sundae for dessert. when told that it was friendly's that had the clown sundae flew into a rage and flipped the table

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Darkman Fanpage posted:

kept asking inconvenient questions about the shooney's-big boy split

Audit the Food! Bring down Big Family Casual Dining! Take back your democracy!

alnilam

Constantly and belligerently accuse the restaurant of appropriating Shoshone culture

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
despite what "Shawn" the "manager" might have told me they had PLENTY of packages of crayons and extra paper coloring placemats and the Mickey Mouse pancakes DO NOT have an age limit indicated on the menu

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
offended locals by loudly referring to the town as ironDUMB

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
made gagging noises each time i took a bite whether or not the food was actually making me gag

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
ordered my eggs 'raw in shell' so i could throw them at other customers

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
standing behind the hostess and giving children a cerulean crayon because how can you make realistic looking water with just blue

kalel

Teabagging the teabags

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Gone Fashing posted:

standing behind the hostess and giving children a cerulean crayon because how can you make realistic looking water with just blue

Six colors and one of them is loving WHITE? Eat a horse nard, Shawn.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Did you know that sugar dust in an enclosed space is a primitive explosive? The clientele of the Irondale Shoney's do.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
didnt know I couldnt bring my own ice bucket for ibc root beer and my own candle sticks, thought this shoneys was located in AMERICA

vanisher

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Darkman Fanpage
repeatedly demanded i be given a booster seat for my chair despite not needing one nor had an rear end small enough to fit in one

alnilam

it's not :airquote:reckless endangerment:airquote: I'm practicing my pyrotechnics show* for the upcoming IronDaze festival (*unofficial but i know if it goes well they'll hire me next year), and i thought this was a community-supporting establishment

google THIS

Constantly and loudly complimenting the food by saying it's "almost as good as Big Boy."

Robot Made of Meat

Apparently the staff of the Irondale, AL Shoney's think that they are the final arbiters of whether my hive full of wasps qualify as Service Animals.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

google THIS

Ordering a Buddy Boy, getting recommended a Slim Jim instead, keep insistently referring to it as a Buddy Boy.

Robot Made of Meat

Excuse me, but I don't see any indication anywhere that I have to pay for ketchup, no matter how many bottles I drink.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

vanisher

Dear Irondale AL Shoney's Management,

I'm unsure if you were made aware of the incident which occurred at your restaurant on July 7th, but as head of the Irondale Chippin Champs golf club I feel it my duty to make you aware of certain contractual obligations which were blatantly ignored and violated by your staff.

We chose your establishment to host the first annual Chippin Champs golf tournament because Shoney's is known for its hospitality, friendliness, and complexity of play over its well stocked and delicious Salad Bar. On the 7th, our club only managed to tee off two foursomes before 'security' showed up instructing us that we could not chip golf balls off the welcome mat (hole 1) into booth 7. Well according to your 'large groups' policy as part of your catering menu, the only requirements were a mandatory 15% gratuity, which we would have gladly paid. Our club event manager Robby has correspondence from Simone, your catering manager, that our group would be accommodated. Also, I was told (per golf etiquette) that 'fore' was called to that young couple before they were struck.

Needless to say we will be taking our championship to the neighboring Denny's, but we will incur many expenses (signage, website tooling) in doing so, and are thoroughly dissatisfied with our treatment.

Please reprimand Jenny, who was screaming at me during my backstroke, which was extremely rude and distracting.

Al Johnson
Chippin' Champs golf club general manager

vanisher

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Apparently the staff of the Irondale, AL Shoney's think that they are the final arbiters of whether my hive full of wasps qualify as Service Animals.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Defaced all the table toppers to say "Peer-Pattered Onion Pings"

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
Excuse me, waiter? Yeah, this food is disgusting and I'm not paying for it. What are your chefs doing back there? Do they really think I can't tell this is I Can't Believe It's Not Butter? You better believe I believe it's not butter. I come in here to your podunk little hole in the wall, thinking, oh, this place sure looks quaint, and you have the audacity to serve me this blatant butter imitation? If I wanted to eat garbage, I would have stayed at home and eaten out of the garbage can. And for what? So you can save a couple bucks getting poor saps who can't believe it's not butter to believe it's butter? *hurk* I think I'm gonna be sick, get it away from me! I want my money back, I don't care if I didn't pay yet! This is false representation, I'll see you all in COURT. *flips off restaurant and slams door on the way out*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Robot Made of Meat posted:

lol and all the others

Ultra Spoot

They asked me if I would like to be seated but I said I was just there to eat my McDonald's and leave

TOOT BOOT

Built cyclopean structures and an altar out by the dumpster area

google THIS

Me: But Big Boy said--

Shoneys manager: Nothing you idiot Big Boy is dead he's locked in my basement!

Me: Wow, touchy.

little munchkin
I am no longer allowed inside the Irondale, AL Shoney's due to the stipulations of a Loser Leaves Town, No Holds Barred, Barb Wire Exploding Ring Deathmatch in which I was defeated by one of the line cooks

----------------

little munchkin
manager of the Irondale, AL Shoney's told me I was no longer welcome there after repeatedly spoiling episodes of the show Storage Wars that were playing on the TV at the bar

----------------

FactsAreUseless

I am the manager of a rival Shoney's.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
You can't try to get up a game of musical chairs in the Irondale, AL Shoney's. Apparently the people trying to use the restroom don't know a good time when they see one

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

got kicked out for laughing too hard at this thread :( apparently the management didn't "get" the "memo" that phone posting is the prerogative of the modern solo diner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel

I ate one of the tables and left without paying

• Locked thread