Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Genesis 9:21-25

'[Noah] drank of the wine and became drunk, and uncovered himself inside his tent. 22 Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside. 23 But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it upon both their shoulders and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were turned away, so that they did not see their father’s nakedness. 24 When Noah awoke from his wine, he knew what his youngest son had done to him. 25 So he said, “Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants he shall be to his brothers.”'

:cmon::drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

huh never really thought of it that way

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
That or ham sucked Noah's dick maybe.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Shoulda just sent in a dildrone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZCVG7zUaRA

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
that would never have happened if Noah was drinking cold, refreshing Barq's root beer.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

And so they came, two by two

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
noah takes the hambone

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Ham is the black one right

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Genesis 9:21-25

'[Noah] drank of the wine and became drunk, and uncovered himself inside his tent. 22 Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside. 23 But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it upon both their shoulders and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were turned away, so that they did not see their father’s nakedness. 24 When Noah awoke from his wine, he knew what his youngest son had done to him. 25 So he said, “Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants he shall be to his brothers.”'

:cmon::drat:

He just mad he got reverse NAMBLA'd

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah but he didn't jerk off on a rock like onan

quote:

Genesis 38:8-10New International Version (NIV)

8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
At first I thought he was punishing his son for witnessing his naked form but 'what his son had done to him' sort of implies otherwise. I guess Noah gets raped in Genesis.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

"That's the last time I listen to Lot."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

let it mellow posted:

Yeah but he didn't jerk off on a rock like onan

Wait. God told him to cuckold his bro? Or was his bro dead?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

BlindSite posted:

Wait. God told him to cuckold his bro? Or was his bro dead?

Yes and he jerked off on a rock and god killed him for that

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Bible is half incest

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Nah

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I think I remember reading in the apocrypha that ham gave noah a cleveland steamer.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron posted:

The Bible is half incest

You see, it wasn't Lot's fault he plowed both his daughters. The evil harlots tricked him with wine!

Of course, gently caress their mother she made the mistake of turning around and was told not to so bam, pillar of salt for her! That's a way worse offense.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I haven't read it in a while, but I'm gonna say yes. Yes, he did. In the same way Dairy Queen hosed this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XM18mjV510

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
And thus he dwelt in a tent.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Bogus Adventure posted:

I haven't read it in a while, but I'm gonna say yes. Yes, he did. In the same way Dairy Queen hosed this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XM18mjV510

How did Dairy Queen gently caress this dude? he had an ice cream cone

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Schweinhund posted:

I think I remember reading in the apocrypha that ham gave noah a cleveland steamer.

youre thinking of the acopropha

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

let it mellow posted:

How did Dairy Queen gently caress this dude? he had an ice cream cone

She raped his mouth and then handed him a cone to keep from crying.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If Adam is the son of God and we are all children of Adam we are all children of God. So why is Jesus so important

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

let it mellow posted:

Yes and he jerked off on a rock and god killed him for that

God doesn't gently caress around with your seed, you best be depositing it in a woman or you'll die.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Rutibex posted:

If Adam is the son of God and we are all children of Adam we are all children of God. So why is Jesus so important

he makes free booze

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

He either sodomised him or castrated him. Society was hosed up back then.

Curse of Ham

Curse upon Canaan that was imposed by the biblical patriarch Noah
The Curse of Ham is a misnomer[1] for the curse upon Canaan, Ham's son, that was imposed by the biblical patriarch Noah. The curse occurs in the Book of Genesis and concerns Noah's drunkenness and the accompanying shameful act perpetrated by his son Ham, the father of Canaan (Gen. 9:20–27).[2] The controversies raised by this story regarding the nature of Ham's transgression, and the question of why Noah cursed Canaan when Ham had sinned, have been debated for over two thousand years.[3]

The majority of commentators, both ancient and modern, have felt that Ham's seeing his father naked was not a sufficiently serious crime to explain the punishment that follows.[14] Nevertheless, Genesis 9:23, in which Shem and Japheth cover Noah with a cloak while averting their eyes, suggests that the words are to be taken literally,[15] and it has recently been pointed out that, in 1st millennium Babylonia, looking at another person's genitals was indeed regarded as a serious matter.[14]

Other ancient commentators suggested that Ham was guilty of more than what the Bible says. The Targum Onqelos has Ham gossiping about his father's drunken disgrace "in the street" (a reading which has a basis in the original Hebrew), so that being held up to public mockery was what had angered Noah; as the Cave of Treasures (4th century) puts it, "Ham laughed at his father's shame and did not cover it, but laughed about it and mocked."[16]

Ancient commentaries have also debated whether "seeing" someone's nakedness meant to have sex with that person (e.g. Leviticus 20:17).[15] The same idea was raised by 3rd-century rabbis, in the Babylonian Talmud (c. 500 AD), who argue that Ham either castrated his father, or sodomised him.[17] The same explanations are found in three Greek translations of the Bible, which replace the word "see" in verse 22 with another word denoting homosexual relations.[16] The castration theory has its modern counterpart in suggested parallels found in the castration of Uranus by Cronus[18] in Greek mythology and a Hittite myth of the supreme god Anu whose genitals were "bitten off by his rebel son and cup-bearer Kumarbi, who afterwards rejoiced and laughed ... until Anu cursed him".[19]

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 19, 2017

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pawn 17 posted:

The castration theory has its modern counterpart in suggested parallels found in the castration of Uranus by Cronus[18] in Greek mythology and a Hittite myth of the supreme god Anu whose genitals were "bitten off by his rebel son and cup-bearer Kumarbi, who afterwards rejoiced and laughed ... until Anu cursed him".[19]

So you're saying that gods are llamas...good to know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTgd-MXw8WM

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

in 1st millennium Babylonia, looking at another person's genitals was indeed regarded as a serious matter.[14]

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
What's weird is, if "seeing" is a euphemism, his brothers are still worried about "seeing" him in the ordinary sense, i.e. walking backwards so they don't glance at his dick, balls, and/or rear end in a top hat.

The text really isn't conclusive. My guess is that Noah's son drew dicks all over his face.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
am i the only one who thinks "ham, shem, and japheth" sounds like the names of the ancient three stooges

i mean i guess they kind of were

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

in 1st millennium Babylonia, looking at another person's genitals was indeed regarded as a serious matter.[14]

lol

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Pawn 17 posted:

Ancient commentaries have also debated whether "seeing" someone's nakedness meant to have sex with that person (e.g. Leviticus 20:17).[15] The same idea was raised by 3rd-century rabbis, in the Babylonian Talmud (c. 500 AD), who argue that Ham either castrated his father, or sodomised him.[17] The same explanations are found in three Greek translations of the Bible, which replace the word "see" in verse 22 with another word denoting homosexual relations.[16] The castration theory has its modern counterpart in suggested parallels found in the castration of Uranus by Cronus[18] in Greek mythology and a Hittite myth of the supreme god Anu whose genitals were "bitten off by his rebel son and cup-bearer Kumarbi, who afterwards rejoiced and laughed ... until Anu cursed him".[19]

Gives new meaning to "cupping ones balls".

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
not sure if they covered this subj in hebrew school op but it sounds cool. good find. lets send this baby upstairs to the scholars

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If I had a time machine with only one use I'd go back to witness the Noah rape. Or dinosaurs maybe.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This is what happens when you don't provide anime/ star trek to your dumb autistic nerds. They are going to pick a minor character in a book and write fanfiction.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Nobody knows op. It's one of lifes greatest mysteries

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

scrubs season six posted:

If I had a time machine with only one use I'd go back to witness the Noah rape. Or dinosaurs maybe.

if I could use a time machine to watch just one thing, I'd watch Robocop.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
i will never see noah the same way again

and may god smite me if i dont

(to be clear if i dont gently caress him right in the rear end)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Zorodius posted:

What's weird is, if "seeing" is a euphemism, his brothers are still worried about "seeing" him in the ordinary sense, i.e. walking backwards so they don't glance at his dick, balls, and/or rear end in a top hat.

The text really isn't conclusive. My guess is that Noah's son drew dicks all over his face.

http://www.evidenceunseen.com/bible-difficulties-2/ot-difficulties/genesis-deuteronomy/gen-921-25-did-ham-rape-noah/

the dick drawing theory seems to hold up but i stll prefer the anal sex angle cause it makes noah a lot more interesting; he's got quite a story now. have a few beers (or just a couple) and he'd tell you some crazy ones let me tell you

• Locked thread