Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Human after all > random access memories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
People hate abrasive and weird things.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This new Skrillex kicks rear end

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 17, 2023

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

RAM is bad, it's their worst by far. Someone said it right here years ago: Daft Punk are great producers, and really bad songwriters.

gently caress no. I'm not the biggest fan of RAM, but even I know it is still great. This screams trying to be contrarian imo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Here's the full MSG show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8nQk-iZzs

Also Skrillex dropped a second album in the middle of this set

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Fred again... is great live, but boring on record.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Brian Eno owns I wish he was my godfather

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
cant believe this nepo baby made this sick Rumble beat with Skrillex....

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its hard to believe that we are coming up on 10 years of Daft Punk's RAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kow9mIXrXtk

Toxic Mental posted:

I think I would challenge anyone who says RAM is great to 1. Name all or as many of the the tracks on the album that you can without looking it up, and the 2. name the tracks that they listen to regularly from it still to this day. I think if you repeated that with all their other albums you'd find RAM is the one that people don't remember and don't listen to, even with a recency bias. It's not great, it's okay, but there are some blunders and some bad rehashes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5uQMwRMHcs

Sorry forgot to reply but album still whips

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

You rn

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

He's not doing anything Jamie XX didn't already do better. All the money in the world can't buy that.

Ok man

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I will only listen to broke rear end djs now. Like just straight up artists with the most busted rear end setups. It’s the only way to make sure……

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Bad. It's going to sound bad.

https://twitter.com/fourtet/status/1653443586602704896?s=46&t=iCu6Jlktql0qvqCsQdXxwg

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

that has 14 likes dude is that like your twitter or something lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Nope, I've shared my tweets ITT before. It's just objectively funny, unless you huff farts and care about like counts maybe.

yeah i guess you and the 13 other people really thought it was a banger

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Arms_Akimbo posted:

E: ^^ you're aware that Skrillex basically released one album over a decade prior to this year, yeah? He makes some good stuff but I don't understand where this superstar producer reputation comes from. He couldn't even cobble an hour of music together to tour with when scary monsters broke through. I love his work but c'mon. Excision, for example, has done more to forward that scene by a large margin and has just as good if not better synth and production chops

Coachella looks like a fake music festival they made for an episode of CSI Miami

why are you acting like Skrillex didn't have a grip on the culture in the early and mid 2010s

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mescal posted:

If you were stuck listening to one DJ/radio stream as your only option forever, which? I'm getting sick of aor.am

Ludachrist

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
No idea why they waited 10 years to drop it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

This new JUSTICE reminds me of their mid 2000s era of when I got into that music in the first place.

Yeah aka when they were good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Accurate. I think Civilization was the last thing I liked from them, and I didn't even really like it that much. Cross was on heavy repeat when I'd walk to class in college.

New track slaps though. Generator I mean, the Tame Impala collab is kinda meh. I wonder if they're testing the waters for which direction to take their new stuff based on which track is more popular.

The tame track is also on the album so I think it’s gonna be a mix of both

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
halfway into the new Justice and I like it. Its definitely, what if Cross had the edges sanded off, but its the closest they've gotten to their old sound that I don't really mind. Hated AVD and Woman btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
In my opinion the album falls apart on Explorer. The Miguel song is cool, and the final track with Thundercat is also, but it just doesn't really recover after the album takes a boring turn.