Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Alive 2007 vibes so hard it is amazing. I wish they had come anywhere near me on that tour it sounded like all timer live shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Alive 2007 goes so hard, I love it. Definitely one of the finest live albums, the crowd is practically the 3rd member of the band.

The bonus/encore with the stardust track especially owns.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The teaser for RAM with that guitar lick for Get Lucky had me hooked before the album or single came out, Nile Rodgers the GOAT.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My only complaint with Daft Punk is I feel their albums sometimes had track sequence issues in that they would occasionally just stick a clunker in and completely derail the momentum. Homework and RAM especially. Still great albums but only Discovery flowed well I think. HAA was ok but having prime time and robot rock one after another felt really stop starty.

Alive 2007 is so great just how well it flows, they really nailed the track list on that particular show.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Four Tet’s “live” (looped) streams of his record mix during the pandemic were awesome to just have on. Some really good stuff in his collection.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm_WdaHBdlg

I dig it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

Hell yeah. Hoping for a new album. I loved No Geography from a few years ago.

It was great. It’s impressive how they can both keep very close to the formula but also keep dropping decent albums. A very good formula!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Just checking out the new Yaeji, I really liked her livestream sets and previous EPs/singles so I suspect I'll enjoy this.. Nice production on it, sounds great so far!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My favourite thing about the Chemical Brothers is their use of live/recorded drums, for stuff like Let Forever Be and Saturate, two of my favourite tracks of theirs (of many, just an awesome discography)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

skooma512 posted:

The sole disappointment I could possibly bring up with their set is that they didn't play Let Forever Be.

Dang, I still need to check it out though. Do they ever bring in live vocalists for those tracks (even if they weren't the original singer)? That'd be pretty cool too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Four Tet rules and I'm always surprised when someone hasn't heard of him. He should be way bigger!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What is up with a Boards of Canada single "Frost" showing up on Apple Music, being only a minute long of extremely minimalist sounds. It seems like a hoax or some mistake.

Is it on spotify too?

e: yup looks like it was a fake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCm074A32ns

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Man, the new Chemical Brothers tracks haven’t left my rotation since they were mentioned last page or so. I like the Maya Jane Coles remix of Live Again even though it doesn’t really seem that different, just some filters and slightly different drum sounds. Has a bit more of a bassy vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjKbetLoPwU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Just doing my first listen thru now and “Goodbye” is giving me goosebumps, just great. It reminds me of Lorn or Clarke with the sawtooth but then the drums come in and yep that’s the chemicals.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm liking the new DJ shadow album so far, it's a bit trappy, a bit synthwave-y, overall I'm enjoying it. I liked The Mountain Has Fallen and find this a bit similar.

The whole thing is on youtube as well: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbTS8Gca4AX0NE3c08DkhdP25ZQTQjOlE

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

I'm like halfway through it now and I'm not really feelin' it, though I can't deny the production is solid.

Yeah it’s decent but not really grabbing me, but his stuff hasn’t really since endtroducing through private press and unkle.

Would be nice to get another banger like nobody speak though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I just checked my Apple Music Replay thingie and the big surprise for me was the Nightmares on Wax DJ Kicks album (from 2000!) was my top album of the year, with new chemical brothers being #2 with 1 less play.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

That new Chemical Brothers is on my personal favorite albums of the year list.

It's really good. I'm just surprised I had a 23 year old album on rotation that much lol (I think the fact it has a banger Aim song - underground crownholder - on it helped)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What's the tune with the vocal hook "I'll remember" or something like that? It was catchy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

"Neverender", opening track of the new album, also featuring Tame Impala like the first single.

Thanks! That was the only one from their set I couldn't find on youtube (looked up the setlist)

Tame Impala is all over with the guest spots these days after the Gorillaz one..

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

Does Massive Attack fit in here? I didn't know if there was a trip-hop thread.

Anyway, Mezzanine turns 26 years old today. Absolutely unreal album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66A_3uwuZ_I

I just heard a little while ago that it is rumoured that one of the Massive Attack dudes (3D) is Banksy, thought that was pretty wild.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I am dying to get that “Neverender” track by justice, it was great in the coachella set and is stuck in my head and I need to hear it aaaaaugh

It’s weird in this day and age not being able to pull up any music you want, I’m just so used to the ubiquity of Apple Music etc now..

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

The album comes out in a few days! :)

I know!! Can’t wait, I just want that one tune asap lol :f5:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Thank god Neverender has started showing up on youtube, it was bugging me after hearing it on the coachella set and not being able to hear it again (I guess I could have replayed the set)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

^^ yeah it’s hugely front loaded, it really trails off imo

Skeezy posted:

Neverender is the better Tame Impala song.

:agreed:

Most of the album is ok for me but that song’s a banger.