Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

LionYeti posted:

Holy poo poo Jai Wolf and Two Friends ruled I'm gonna do future and deadmau5 because I'm basic as hell.

Glad you liked them man! And deadmau5 always puts on a good show and I imagine Future is a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I heard Chorus WWW the other day and it's really loving good. The singles from this thing that have been released so far grabbed me wayyyy more than Woman did. This is gonna be Justice's Alive 2007.

Well this and the other posts have convinced me I need to pre-order the 3x LP that comes with 2x CD's as well. It's only $25 on their site which seemed great for that whole package. My collection of dance music on vinyl leaves a lot to be desired and I feel like Justice is a great place to get it going.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I went to grab Woman Worldwide vinyl, but Justice's site says it is sold out now. Amazon has it for pre-order but it seems like its way more expensive ($46 pre-order). Any ideas if I can get it elsewhere or is Amazon my best bet at this point?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Just got my WWW vinyl in the mail and holy poo poo this sounds incredible. Thanks for recommending it so hard, definitely wouldn't want to miss out on this.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Where did you read that he was in therapy or rehab? I'm not seeing anything about that but I haven't been following him as close as I used to.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Boywunda posted:

I heard Fisher's Losing It on Diplo's new XM radio, and explored and fell in love with Stop It.

Each artist above has many many gems. Love a lot of AC Slater stuff, even some of his earlier poo poo. Shiba San's Okay is amazing.

Would be cool to experience some live stuff, but as a guy pushing 40, its just not my scene. Love the music (it's all I listen to really, and only a couple friends enjoy it) and bump it to work, during work (if I'm able to), walking the dog, etc...

Dog Blood eh....Skrillex And Boys Noize eh.... I think I have something else to explore.

Edit, ok ya, I've definitely heard Dog Blood before, didn't realize it was a collab between the two... But now makes total sense.

It's funny how Skrillex's side projects are much more enjoyable for me than his music as Skrillex. I saw Boyz Noize live at a great club in San Francisco and it was one of the best shows I have been to. Everyone was dancing their face off and the room had amazing energy the whole night.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Boywunda posted:

Speaking of Skrillex doing collab, I really enjoy this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-SurvChGFk

Yah this is a really cool collab.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I saw San Holo open for Porter Robinson & Madeon on their Shelter Tour and he was pretty awesome. He's actually coming to my hometown (Sacramento), which is pretty cool. Might have to go see him.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Eric Prydz is doing a Pryda mini tour in a month. First time I’ve ever instabought a ticket. :shobon:

Saw him in San Francisco a couple years back for EPIC 4.0 and it was an incredible experience.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

In maybe not so surprising news, I just read an article where Matthew Koma absolutely rips into Zedd for being a huge loving rear end in a top hat and toxic person to work with. Reading some of the poo poo that went on, seems pretty clear that Zedd is a piece of poo poo, and this sentiment has been echoed by other artists or people associated with Zedd.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

My wife just told me that Pierce Fulton's brother posted to his instagram account saying that Pierce passed away on Thursday last week after a long struggle with mental health issues. The news hit us pretty hard since we were huge fans of his starting several years back and had one of our best night's dancing at a show he did in Sacramento. Here are a few tracks I have been listening to that really bring me back to when I was first introduced to his music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOG8jzeJggg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4q_Cd4HwZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmsqm0khgII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Erh01Svsak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3XgwbA6q2o

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

drat, that’s awesome news, the two worst DJs making the world’s most boring music can now consolidate their shittiness into one repetitive progressive house//soft-psy album with 45 different 10 minute “songs”

Haha wow, that is certainly a spicy take.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

Barring a couple of hits I also don't care much for Deadmau5's music and I've never gone out of my way to deliberately listen to Kaskade. I would also agree with Bust Rodd that mau5's albums are often a lot of filler material that goes on too long in support of two or three good singles - having grown up on the Chemical Brothers, I love when an album feels like a DJ mix, but personally Joel's progressions never held my attention that well. To each their own, though.

The 30-second preview of a track sounds fine, in that it sounds exactly like I expected: A dotted-note pluck melody with a lush female vocal on top of it. That's their whole formula. I'll wait to hear the rest of the song and maybe another single before I decide whether to follow them. In any case, we'll probably get some cool live visual accompaniment when they tour. Has Deadmau5 retired the Cube?

I can definitely understand why it might not be your thing and that's cool. I happen to really like the Chemical Brothers and Deadmau5 / Kaskade, obviously for different reasons. I just thought it was pretty hilarious to call them "two of the worst DJ's making the world's most boring music".

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I have had some great experiences with dubstep, but I really felt the oversaturation when it reached the height of its popularity. Two of my favorite artists were Feed Me and Seven Lions who had a very distinct sound and the production chops to make very aggressive tracks that still felt musical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s really interesting because Feed Me is not a DJ I would even consider to be dubstep. I’ve only ever seen them do hardstyle house and breakbeat with maybe a few dub bangers in a set, but I also hated their albums/eps. Great live set but I just didn’t connect with their private releases personally, but I like them.

Seven Lions was awesome, I saw them at 4-5 AM at Burning Man like 10 years ago on one of the ultra mega giant sound stages and it was simultaneously heavy, intense, and chill. The atmosphere was like “a comet is very slowly falling to Earth and gonna blow us up but everyone is rolling balls and honestly fine with it”, excellent vibes with warm, comfy bass beats.

Yah I wouldn't consider Feed Me a dubstep artist either (especially now) but my intro to him was his dubstep tracks which I thought were pretty incredible. Stuff like Blood Red, Strange Behaviour, and his remix of Call Your Girlfriend come to mind. I saw him live several times, once during his tour where he had the TEETH stage setup which was seriously one of the coolest loving things I ever saw. Go look up videos on YouTube if you haven't seen it.

I saw Seven Lions at a venue in San Francisco and it was easily a top 5 show in my lifetime. My wife and I were already huge fans of his by that point and getting to see him perform and dance our faces off was something I'll remember forever.