Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Saw Odesza in Atlanta this year and I actually regret not having closer seats.

LionYeti posted:

So the Swedish House Mafia tour is some of the most pleasantly overwhelming visuals I’ve ever seen. The threee of them are profoundly kinda weird on stage, but the lights lasers and fire kicked rear end. It’s the only edm show where there were was nothing on the big video boards but occasionally video feed off the trio on the decks. It felt like it was a time machine to about 2012 if you can find cheap tickets I’d go

I've watched their Coachella set so many times and I'm pumped to see them live at Ultra next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I don't enjoy dubstep because it involves lots of strobes and gets kinda scary when I'm rolling

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Josh Lyman posted:

Can anyone ID this house song? Sorry the volume is so low:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8S2LtAVR-M

edit: lol I got a copyright claim so at least I have the track and artist now. But Google turns up no results? :thunk: Maybe it's in the process of being released since it's by the DJ who's playing but she's up and coming.

Who is it? She looks familiar.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Chemical Bros need to do a US tour, I've been dying to see them forever

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Trip report from Ultra-

The good:
- A+ lineup
- Lots of artists drop new tracks
- Main stage and Megastructure were amazing (Holo was great but I regret missing Garrix's set)
- Crowds were generally not annoying and we only saw a couple jackasses maybe twice all weekend
- Air conditioned bathroom trailers for even GA folks were also a plus

The bad:
- Good god it gets hot
- Really long gaps inbetween sets so Ultra puts their hype man out on stage and he just barks at you until the next artist comes on
- Water lines were broken for a bit on the first day, and at that I only found 2 water points the whole weekend
- Stages were waaay too close and the venue felt really crammed at times, I think I like EDC Orlando better because you can actually find a quiet spot

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Ultra stops at midnight Fri and Sat night and then 10pm on Sunday.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Is Coachella going to post the full set? I wasn't able to watch :(

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Has anybody found a quality recording of the Chemical Brothers' set from Coachella?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Ultra trip report - day 1 got pissed on hard but Maddix in the pouring rain is a set I'll never forget. Went to KNTXT at Factory Town and it was one of the best lineups I've ever seen. Waiting until 5am through a 2hr Charlotte set really tested my patience, but Nico Moreno came out ripping. At Bayfront my friend group was a bunch of lameass main stage girlies so I got dragged in there a bunch of times, and next year I absolutely will be ditching them to make up for the missed sets this year. ASOT got rained out but Armin played a trance set at main stage so that was a nice treat. Chris Liebing and Giuseppe Ottaviani are severely underrated and if you've never given them a listen you should.