Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ytlaya posted:

I like the Future Trunks DLC in Kakarot. That whole setting is kind of interesting, with the relationship between Trunks and adult Gohan. Gohan in that setting seems really tragic to me. Just suddenly forced to take all the responsibility, despite being the Z-fighter who hates fighting.

That's the only DLC in Kakarot I've played (only played up to that one) that actually does something interesting. Adapting the Super manga's take on Future Buu appearing in Trunks' timeline was the right move to give it a proper finale, and it expands enough on the Future Trunks special to give a lengthy enough experience.

Battle of Gods was terrible and Resurrection "F" felt a bit rushed, but I did enjoy how it connected to the non-canon plot line of Kakarot where you revive every villain, thus making Goku responsible for the events of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

common gohan W

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Much like Goku keeps collecting mentors, Gohan keeps collecting dads.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

does this imply goku spared king cold after he fought mecha-frieza and he tried to do a salty runback ten years later

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stairmaster posted:

does this imply goku spared king cold after he fought mecha-frieza and he tried to do a salty runback ten years later

No, it's from Kakarot. You get to revive basically every dead villain with the Dragon Balls for cool fight rematches. They tend to stay alive afterwards, either changing sides out of sheer fear for their lives, or being Freeza who just fucks off and then starts Resurrection "F" without Sorbet.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
go get em, Frozehan

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, it's from Kakarot. You get to revive basically every dead villain with the Dragon Balls for cool fight rematches. They tend to stay alive afterwards, either changing sides out of sheer fear for their lives, or being Freeza who just fucks off and then starts Resurrection "F" without Sorbet.

and even after then I think you can revive Freeza who just hangs around as one of the strongest superbosses.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the funniest part is that in the Kakarot version of Resurrection F Freeza’s able to get all his old crew back together because Goku and his friends revived all of them for rematches

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my favorite part is that it's not just "you are now my son, Gohan", it's specifically "and Frieza is not, anymore". Disowned

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We got some new images of Sparking Zero, confirming Kid Gohan and base Master Roshi, not like they were ever not going to be in the game. Considering the characters shown here, I imagine the next trailer will be Master VS Student.
https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1779843235705454833?t=TEvJ96CcG849f17FpOhQCQ&s=19

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I want to play as Luud

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1780203670036201520

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Future Gohan has only one arm, Sparking Zero has officially surpassed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 in character fidelity. I thought I'd never see the day.

The rest is a bunch of characters that were obviously going to come back and the two inclusions we couldn't lack in a post-Super era. I can't wait to see them in action though, hopefully the actual trailer will be out soon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

given the mouth beam and the pairing with kid gohan, i wonder if thats actually piccolo (early) as a separate character and not just an alt skin. you could fill out a moveset with just the moves he only used on goku in the world tournament, honestly.

maybe theyll do it as piccolo (early), piccolo (fused with nail), piccolo (fused with kami) as separate characters instead of the jank thing where those are treated as like, transformations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Endorph posted:

given the mouth beam and the pairing with kid gohan, i wonder if thats actually piccolo (early) as a separate character and not just an alt skin. you could fill out a moveset with just the moves he only used on goku in the world tournament, honestly.

maybe theyll do it as piccolo (early), piccolo (fused with nail), piccolo (fused with kami) as separate characters instead of the jank thing where those are treated as like, transformations.

He used Mouth Beam in the fight with the cybamen, too. Which would be around the right moment for him becoming Gohan's teacher.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
please let arle return, she was my favorite in tenkaichi 3

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

given she was in super for a minute too id say she has a shot.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Endorph posted:

You're thinking of Budokai. Budokai Tenkaichi never did that. BT3 had Piccolo (Early) and Piccolo (End), with the latter being post-Kami fusion, and neither having any transformations.

I'd imagine we'll get Piccolo (Early) (shown here), Piccolo (End) and Piccolo (Super), but for some reason both this page and the actual site have Piccolo without any designation (unlike, say, Goku (Mid)). That said, it also had Future Trunks in the same way when now we know there are three Future Trunks in the game (Sword, Fighter, Super) so it may mean nothing and it'll get added once all Piccolos are shown.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So logically if you were doing Trunks, you'd have Future Trunks (Sword), Future Trunks (No Sword), Future Trunks (Super), Kid Trunks, Superhero Teen Trunks, and GT Trunks?

That's a lot of Trunks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

That's a lot of Trunks.
A veritable Temple o' Trunks.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
His ultimate form, Swim-Swam Trunks.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

ImpAtom posted:

So logically if you were doing Trunks, you'd have Future Trunks (Sword), Future Trunks (No Sword), Future Trunks (Super), Kid Trunks, Superhero Teen Trunks, and GT Trunks?

That's a lot of Trunks.

Just getting in line with the other core characters. Honestly Goten is probably the dude who gets the short end of this stick not really having any dedicated story to themselves. He's always just Trunk's pal and Gohan's talented but undefined younger brother. You'd get what 2 versions? Kid Goten and Teen Goten and neither has anything particularly unique about them might as well just be Goku skins.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

That's a lot of Trunks.

My dream roster tbh. BT3 let you make five-man teams but Trunks only had three options, only Goku, Vegeta and Gohan had five versions. Finally I can make true that childhood dream of a full Trunks team.

Though right now we only have four Trunks. I've never wanted GT Trunks in my life but right now, only now, would he be my most wanted addition to the roster. Or Xeno Trunks but that seems more unlikely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gotenks would get you to a 4.5 trunks team

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Future Trunks (Time Patrol)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ImpAtom posted:

That's a lot of Trunks.

What is this, a Dick's Sporting Goods?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

so long gay beerus

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Just getting in line with the other core characters. Honestly Goten is probably the dude who gets the short end of this stick not really having any dedicated story to themselves. He's always just Trunk's pal and Gohan's talented but undefined younger brother. You'd get what 2 versions? Kid Goten and Teen Goten and neither has anything particularly unique about them might as well just be Goku skins.

Kid Goten (Buu)
Kid Goten (Super)
Teen Goten (End of Z)
Teen Goten (DBS: Superhero)

This is as big of a stretch as I can give Goten

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Neither go nor ten

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
We better get Goku as Zamasu for the 8 seconds he had that body before he got obliterated.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Krillin (Dragon Ball)
Krillin (Early Z)
Krillin (Namek)
Krillin (Kulilin Hat)
Krillin (Freeza Armor)
Krillin (Early Cell Saga)
Krillin (Late Cell Saga)
Krillin (With Hair)
Krillin (With Hair, Dead)
Krillin (Tacos Shirt)
Krillin (Police Uniform)
Krillin (GT)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Goku (Captain Ginyu)
Captain Ginyu (Goku)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Future Gohan (One Arm)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Future Gohan (One Arm)

Future Gohan (Both Arms)

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Bumper Stickup posted:

Future Gohan (Both Arms)

Future Gohan (Corpse)

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Slightly Less Future Gohan

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

has Fat Gotenks been a regular slot character yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)