Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yamcha (Reincarnated As)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Saw this and just... died laughing.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I mean, if he were actually a hero, he wouldn't have, so they're sort of right. :v:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Tien (Early Z)
Tien (One Arm, Early Z)

One Arm (Tien, Early Z)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Onmi posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

Future Gohan (One Arm)

That's in Sparking Zero already, which is a surprise because BT3 had him with both arms.

GateOfD posted:

has Fat Gotenks been a regular slot character yet

None of the failed fusions have been in any BT game. With Super Hero, they have a justification for Fat Gotenks. That'd be pretty funny, just have Goten (Super Hero) and Trunks (Super Hero) who can fuse into Gotenks (Super Hero) - but since they never got it right at that age...

Onmi posted:

This must be a joke, there's no way someone actually wrote this honestly.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yamcha (Reincarnated As)

Don't play with my feelings like this. I'd love that so much.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hit (Off the job)
Hit (On the job)

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Hit (Making Donuts)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Goku (Driving Car)
Piccolo (Driving Car)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Onmi posted:

Where did this come from?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Heck yea, let me fight as Krillin with a mustache.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Siegkrow posted:

Where did this come from?

https://www.cbr.com/dragon-ball-z-fights-vegeta-would-win-as-main-character/

quote:

Vegeta made a lot of mistakes in DBZ, but one of his absolute worst was letting Cell absorb Android 18 to become Perfect. Vegeta knew he was far more powerful than Imperfect Cell, but his curiosity and pride caused him to allow the villain to transform in hopes of giving him a greater challenge. The resulting battle ended with Vegeta being easily defeated by Cell.

If Vegeta had main character plot armor, it's likely he would have found a way to defeat Cell. In fact, he may even have felt more obligated to defeat Cell sooner, knowing that the weight of the Earth was on his shoulders. This could've prevented Cell from ever reaching his Perfect form to begin with.

The whole thing is just "if Vegeta had MC plot armor he would always be cool and win every fight ever"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If Toriyama wrote vegeta to win he would have won!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Toriyama actually wanted Vegeta to win and end the series it was just those dastardly editors interfering again

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

People project so hard onto Vegeta it's weird

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The funny thing is that if Vegeta was that person he wouldn't be as appealing to people because the dumbass arrogant pride-filled rear end in a top hat (who eventually becomes a reasonable person) is why people like him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Speaking as one of the 'give Vegeta a W' people, the Cell saga is absolutely not the place that should have happened, lol

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vegeta will never get a W because he can never stop talking about what hot poo poo he is and doing that thumb gesture, pride and arrogance are unbecoming to a hero

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

CBR churns out multiple clickbait articles about Dragonball every day intended to generate angry fan videos and people fall for the bait every time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's still horseshit they took Trunks's W away. Kills androids and cell and loses everything years later

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shinjobi posted:

It's still horseshit they took Trunks's W away. Kills androids and cell and loses everything years later

Sounds like the Star Wars sequels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

To be slightly fair, "They defeated the strongest dude but a new strongest dude came along" is just how the Dragonball universe works, Trunks just happens to be the unlucky bastard who lives in a timeline without Dragonballs. The Buu Saga would have been a mite bit darker for the cast.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ImpAtom posted:

To be slightly fair, "They defeated the strongest dude but a new strongest dude came along" is just how the Dragonball universe works, Trunks just happens to be the unlucky bastard who lives in a timeline without Dragonballs. The Buu Saga would have been a mite bit darker for the cast.

Future Trunks Buu Saga was he killed Babadi before he woke up Buu.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The place for Vegeta to get the W was against Frieza in Super.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Onmi posted:

Future Trunks Buu Saga was he killed Babadi before he woke up Buu.

Oh, I know. I mean in the mainline world. After all Future Trunks didn't have Vegeta loving it up with Buu.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Vegeta (hole in chest)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s kinda funny how much of the Cell Saga even exists because of Vegeta, like not even the whole Perfect Cell debacle, the part where Krillin tells Bulma “hey maybe we shouldn’t covertly find and kill Gero because Vegeta is still A Problem and doing the whole Android thing might make him not want to kill Goku since all of his friends are people who started off wanting to kill him before we had adventures together” is kind of always forgotten in the wake of Vegeta loving Around and Finding Out.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Dignity posted:

People project so hard onto Vegeta it's weird

Just like Vegeta blew up those planets, maybe I did some bad things in the past. But now I'm a good guy (even if I'm a bit "rough around the edges" and a little "politically incorrect") so you can't judge me for that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Android Saga Vegeta absolutely has the feel of "someone who turned their NPC into a PC in a tabletop game so everyone has to sort of fudge around accepting them to avoid table drama."

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Shinji2015 posted:

Kid Goten (Buu)
Kid Goten (Super)
Teen Goten (End of Z)
Teen Goten (DBS: Superhero)

This is as big of a stretch as I can give Goten

What about horny GT Goten?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Professor Wayne posted:

The whole thing is just "if Vegeta had MC plot armor he would always be cool and win every fight ever"

It's pretty much the quality you'd expect from CBR articles since the writers there have to churn out a million things a day to make anything approaching a living wage, so it results in a lot of hasty articles being typed off the top of their heads like, well, that. Easy to write a ton of fluff about a What If scenario.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ytlaya posted:

Just like Vegeta blew up those planets, maybe I did some bad things in the past. But now I'm a good guy (even if I'm a bit "rough around the edges" and a little "politically incorrect") so you can't judge me for that.

Yeah Vegeta is never confused, even when he really buys into being a "good guy" with Goku etc he knows he's a villain who will go to hell. He's totally okay with being judged as a bad dude by anyone, he kinda revels in it.

Lightly complicated by him being resurrected at the end of the Buu saga so one of the dragons clearly puts him in team gets to chill in the afterlife.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hell is part of the afterlife.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

Hell is part of the afterlife.

Yeah but only good dudes keep their bods everyone else turns into a floaty spirit to be reborn.

I also should have only referred to it by its canon NA name the Home for Infinite Losers

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah but only good dudes keep their bods everyone else turns into a floaty spirit to be reborn.

I also should have only referred to it by its canon NA name the Home for Infinite Losers

It isn't even just good people. Goku was supposed to be a very special occasion but then they started bending the rules more and more.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Onmi posted:

lol

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Professor Wayne posted:

Ah yes, Dragonball, the series where the MC has the most plot armor and never dies or has anything bad happen to them or never makes any bad decisions.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If there's one thing I know for sure it is that Goku wins every fight.

Except Tien.
And Jackie Chun
And Raditz
And Vegeta
And Hit
And Beerus
And Cell
And King Piccolo
And Tambourine
And Captain Ginyu
And Kami
And Mercenary Tao
And General Blue
And Yamcha.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 17, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

tambourine was cool as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I had to block that site from appearing on my phone's news feed because they regularly had a ridiculously stupid, click-baity or mildly spoilerific headlines.