Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

vegeta is banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

grill youre saelf posted:

I've been ntroducing DBZ Kai over the past several months to my 10 year old ands he's been really enjoying it. We just got to the majin Vegeta fight.

I thought I'd share some of his opinions this far. His favorite character is : "that one namekian that became the guardian of earth." Because he thinks it's really cool that a little kid has so much power over earth! His favorite villain is freeza because he "was the first that came to mind" and his favorite fight was between Goku and Vegeta during the Saiyan saga because it "was funny how Vegeta was a huge monkey with clothes and then his tail got cut off by the fat guy. I like it most when it's funny.". Feels like I should have started with dragonball instead.

Your son truly understands what Dragon Ball is all about, far more than a big part of the fan base does.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

grill youre saelf posted:

Feels like I should have started with dragonball instead.

The good opinion.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I got a friend who has no interest in anime or DBZ but does have nephews and cousins who all grew up on it and want to subject her to it often so I told her to bust out a "Dragon Ball was better than Z" and see if she gets any pushback. Maybe it would calm some of em down.

She ran up to me excited one day, laughing because it worked and at least one of her relatives nodded and fist bumped her and let it go.

I was there too, laughing, just off screen.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Your son truly understands what Dragon Ball is all about, far more than a big part of the fan base does.

NO IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN IT'S INTENSE AND HAS THE FAULCONER MUSIC BRO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCWqAyh9IHw

I'm only partially joking.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
My kid completely lost interest when Krillin got blown up, like just stopped completely cold after eight hundred episodes of fighting Frieza without bothering to see how it ended

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

My kid completely lost interest when Krillin got blown up, like just stopped completely cold after eight hundred episodes of fighting Frieza without bothering to see how it ended

Lol, absolutely incredible place to duck out of the anime

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Was it kai or the original series?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

honorable

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Did you try spoiling that Krillin comes back?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Monaghan posted:

Shockingly, he started him with Abridged.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Kurui Reiten posted:

After the entrance was destroyed by Piccolo, Dende repaired it and improved the chamber. Presumably, like the Dragon Balls, the Chamber was originally meant to be a sort of legendary reward. When it turned out Goku and co. were just going to abuse it anyway, it made more sense to make it more practical.

Vegeta still blows it up like an rear end in a top hat every once in a while, though.

I can buy this. Vegeta would get pissy and blow it up every now and again then be mad at Goku they have to yell real loud to get out. Bulma is mad after this when his voice is all scratchy and Bra doesn't like it.

GateOfD posted:

Only thing left is for Frieza to taste earth food.
I like he isn't hellbent on killing them, probably figures even if he does succeed, it be more of a pain after they somehow come back to life. He's also probably tsundere in that he's actually kind of grateful for them to get him to get this strong, he would actually enjoy their company if they hung out for a bit

Yeah all of this tracks, they got along enough in the ToP. I bet if he'd just be over the whole galactic army thing he'd enjoy the hell out of training with Beerus, eating great food (he's always hiring chefs), and getting to punch those filthy sayians as much as he can. Sadly Frieza has a business to run and with his dad dead no one to pawn it off on. Capitalism strikes again!

Blaze Dragon posted:

100% this

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Monaghan posted:

Kai, he was quite young and I didn't think he'd have the attention span for original.

Captain France posted:

Did you try spoiling that Krillin comes back?

Sort of, I tried reminding him that he'd already seen a bunch of these characters die and get revived but he wasn't having it.

What eventually got him back into it, years later, was silly tiktok hypothetical power level videos - for some reason, he latched onto "Xeno's bodyguards" as being important characters and kept asking how they stacked up against all the other characters, and at some point I got sick of trying to explain to him that they were completely irrelevant and had him watch a bunch of Super, and he got back in from there (and did not question Krillin being there in any way).

Dude fuckin loves Broly, but who doesn't

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 24, 2024

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Heroes is good, sometimes.
https://twitter.com/SLOplays/status/1783090188735877357

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
What did Kibito do to deserve that

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

pablo gbscobar posted:

What did Kibito do to deserve that

Probably racism

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
That's just how they stopped the buu saga from happening

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Redezga posted:

Out of curiosity I did a google search to find out Krillin's height and weight because he's usually drawn as pretty jacked for his size, and according to DBZ: Extreme Butōden he is listed as being 45kg/99lb which is like low end kpop idol weight and makes him lighter than Bulma, Chi Chi and Videl.
its funny looking at the last og dragon ball arc where krillin is like, short, but still comes up to goku and yamcha's shoulders. and then when raditz shows up hes about the size of master roshi. and then by the nappa/vegeta fight hes just the same size as gohan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

its funny looking at the last og dragon ball arc where krillin is like, short, but still comes up to goku and yamcha's shoulders. and then when raditz shows up hes about the size of master roshi. and then by the nappa/vegeta fight hes just the same size as gohan.

In true Dragonball fashion he got smaller and more compact as he got stronger.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
When was it decided that Krillin was a little guy? i never read the manga but the anime adaptation always made him look about the same as Goku, who definitely wasn't a little guy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Probably end of DB/Beginning of Z when Goku had his growth spurt

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Krillin was always a shortass but he was more a short king in DB vs his manlet like state on Namek.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I can buy this. Vegeta would get pissy and blow it up every now and again then be mad at Goku they have to yell real loud to get out. Bulma is mad after this when his voice is all scratchy and Bra doesn't like it

I like to think Saiyan zenkai extends to his vocal cords. So after a while his vocal cords are ungodly strong and yelling is just another form of training.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Goku and him were around the same size in the original series for a long time. During the Piccolo Jr arc when Goku grew up, Krillin did not make nearly the same gains and was the tiny guy.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Early Dragonball's art style was also semi chibi all the time so Krillin didn't come off as especially tiny compared to most characters.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Even as early as the second tournament though Goku has gotten taller then him (albeit barely) and there are a lot of jokes about how small he is in OG dragonball.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

goku and krillin were introduced at the same size, but the running joke with every timeskip was that krillin didnt grow nearly as much as goku, yeah. i guess toriyama just decided he liked that joke, or that krillin would look weird tall.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Krillin should just suddenly have a very late-life growth spurt and show up 6'2" tall in Super

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

We should've kept the small adult Goku that was around in the Piccolo Jr. Saga.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh god I just had a visceral reaction to seeing that

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Do not post Small Goku

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Ten Shin Han was just freakishly tall in that saga.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do not post Small Goku

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Endorph posted:

krillin would look weird tall.

I think that's it. Maybe Toriyama thought a tall Krillin would look too similar to Tien?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imagine the universe where chiaotzu grew

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chiaotzu is a 50 year old man in super

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do not post Small Goku

Goten?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Sadly Frieza has a business to run and with his dad dead no one to pawn it off on. Capitalism strikes again!

Carmine gets brought on as a protoge.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 24, 2024

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Obvious solution is to make Nekomajin Z canon and have Kuriza show up and take over the family business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Old woman voice Frieza vs Old woman voice goku