Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is Dragon Ball the oldest anime that still uses the original (still living at least) voice actors? Pretty sure it's older than the Simpsons but has also had long stretches of no content besides video games and channels whereas the Simpsons will just keep going and kill off characters as their voice actors die.

Gundam has used the original voice actors for newer projects that use the old characters. And Lupin kept much of the same cast around for as long as possible, Jigen's VA was the last of them. He finally retired in 2021 after voicing the character for 50 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

i cant wait for dragonball super: super heroes!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My only real beef with Super Hero is that Cell Max was pretty boring since he's just a big monster that doesn't speak, since to me a lot of the fun with Dragon Ball villains is how bombastic and theatrical they get while fighting. Can't really do that with something that doesn't speak! That and the final battle was a bit of a slog but I forgive it since it ended so strongly.

Other than that though, it was real good!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I dunno, I think you could make a compelling argument for Super Hero being better than BoG, but it's definitely close.

I haven't seen BoG since it was new but I've been wondering if it'd feel too much like a reunion special if I were to revisit it all these years later. Not that it'd be a bad time or anything, just that it wouldn't have that sheen that comes from being the first big Dragon Ball thing to happen in ages.

That's the argument I'd make for Super Hero being the best of the lot, at least.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I just figure that it'll be like Xenoverse 2 and eventually have a million characters via a ton of dlc packs.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The way Viz handles translation differences when they license a manga but not the anime can be pretty bizarre and inconsistent. Something incredibly popular in the west like Dragon Ball has all sorts of name and terminology differences, and then you have something like Detective Conan where they decided to stick with the extensive name changes from the rather short-lived Funimation localization of the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Professor Wayne posted:

https://www.cbr.com/dragon-ball-z-fights-vegeta-would-win-as-main-character/

The whole thing is just "if Vegeta had MC plot armor he would always be cool and win every fight ever"

It's pretty much the quality you'd expect from CBR articles since the writers there have to churn out a million things a day to make anything approaching a living wage, so it results in a lot of hasty articles being typed off the top of their heads like, well, that. Easy to write a ton of fluff about a What If scenario.