Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey a Dave Ramsey thread. Story time:

My credit card is a lifesaver. Last month I put instant ramen on it. Six packets for a dollar, and I got a dozen small eggs and a can of spinach so I can make egg drop ramen soup with a spinach garnish. Food of the gods, man, food of the gods.

See, I was an independent contractor transcriber until I had to quit because my hands are hosed up, so my credit card has ~$350 on it, which is what's left of my taxes. Because poverty wages still get you taxed, you see. And being an independent contractor means paying it all at once every year. Muh taxes :freep:

Right now I need a job and no one is responding to applications or my resume. Luckily Dave Ramsey has advice when you have credit card debt and no job. Here it is: get a job. Thanks, Dave! This advice is roughly in line with advice I get from tea party relatives, like "where there's a will there's a way" and also occasionally something about prayer. My stepmom, who often starts sentences with "Dave Ramsey says," has hinted that college is a luxury and not necessary to make a living. And I've heard my dad talk about the poverty mindset, or whatever the gently caress. He was telling my little brother to finish his potato chips, because leaving food on the plate is the wasteful sort of thing you see poor people do. I watched that happen.

gently caress Dave Ramsey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread