Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
OP can you show me on this doll where Dave Ramsey touched you?

I mean yeesh, sure I don't agree with every last tenant of Dave's financial peace mindset, but it has helped way more people then you ever will get control of their finances, and even get rich and buy fun luxuries that he doesn't have any problem with at all.

Your dumb as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
You actually going to tell me what specific bad advice Dave gives or just be a dumb as poo poo grammEr nazi.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Uh, doing a written budget is like pretty much the most basic rule for getting control of your finances. Pretty sure that part is not some horrible conspiracy to keep you poor.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I completely agree that the aforementioned McD's budget is the hugest pile of horse poo poo, but that doesn't undermine the fact that Ramsey's push to get people on a written budget is a good thing.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

boner confessor posted:

it's a good thing nobody said this except you, guy who hates this thread for super weird and obscure reasons

Pretty sure my reasons aren't weird or obscure.

Ramsey's stuff personally helped me obtain a lot of financial security that I didn't have before, and I've seen it help quite a few other people.

Bunch of goons that want to scream foul because gosh darn can't talk about Jesus, and well you know his advice doesn't apply to MY PERSONAL SITUATION.

His baby steps program works, and for all I disagree with him on social policy, politics, and lots of other things, he treats his guests with respect and has helped lots of people.

• Locked thread