Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

e: I don't remember how playoffs are set up, can't remember if it's based on division or overall seed, but here are the final rankings:

I'm not sure that it's been entirely consistent. Do y'all want to go as overall seeds this year? Might be a little more balanced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

I'm not sure that it's been entirely consistent. Do y'all want to go as overall seeds this year? Might be a little more balanced?

I mean, I don't because then I have to play Taxes and his team is better than mine...

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I had a playoff team one time!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

Metapod, you've failed to start a player in a skill position 3 times in the last 5 weeks. It wouldn't have helped this week, but you're insanely lucky to be in the playoffs.

Sometimes you have to give your players a little extra motivation to do well by making it harder for them

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
6-4 didn’t cut it but at least I had a winning record this year. Oh well!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I was robbed

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
ITT I slither into the playoffs despite not at all deserving it.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

I was already shitfaced last night from the VT game and every time in the second half Washington gave the ball to anyone other than Gaskin I went into a violent rage.

It was especially great because my friend had told me to start Moss but I went with Nall and now I have to give him $3.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress Sam Darnold. Piece of poo poo is supposed to be a heisman candidate.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Metapod, you've failed to start a player in a skill position 3 times in the last 5 weeks. It wouldn't have helped this week, but you're insanely lucky to be in the playoffs.

You're going into the playoffs as the #3 overall team. You've not needed the help, for the most part.

e: I don't remember how playoffs are set up, can't remember if it's based on division or overall seed, but here are the final rankings:

1. 500k Per Win: The Kirk Ferentz Story (DC Murderverse)
2. Shimmy Shimmy Ya (Taxes)
3. DACOACHO ZONE (Spintzel)
4. Beamer's Steamers (Fork of Unknown Origin)
5. Sharkskin Condoms (Lee Majors)
6. Miss Brittany's Side Pieces (Vyst)
7. The Actual AIRBHG (kayakyakr)
8. Lamar Jackson State (Metapod)

e2: And your CBI is:
17. Ballage Barrage (Will Styles)
18. Doeren's Drunkards (TheFlyingLama)
19. Butch Please (JoeyFreshwater)
20. #VolsDeep (JesustheDarkLord)

JesustheDarkLord has the glorious distinction of being the first 0-10 player in the last 5 years.

Based matchups on overall seeds.

Also Jesus and JoeyFreshwater are playing this week for who is worst.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

rip, too bad to be in the playoffs, somehow too good to be in the shitoffs

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
Glad to keep the playoff streak alive, but woof this team has had a lot of clunkers.

Also looking forward to the annual tradition of having a playoff match with yak.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

Glad to keep the playoff streak alive, but woof this team has had a lot of clunkers.

Also looking forward to the annual tradition of having a playoff match with yak.

3 of my 5 years. This will be our first 1st round matchup after facing each other in the 2nd round in 2013 and 2016. You've gotten the better of me in each of our previous two playoff head-to-head meetings, hitting 340 in each of those games.

Scoring is down overall this year, so if there's any time for me to sneak a win, it'd be now. If we had played every week this season, we would have each been 5-5.

Webbeh posted:

Based matchups on overall seeds.

Also Jesus and JoeyFreshwater are playing this week for who is worst.

The way this worked out, we have 2 Big-XII style division championships and 2 cross-division games where one division provides a 7+ win team and the other provides a 5-5 team.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 7, 2017

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

The way this worked out, we have 2 Big-XII style division championships and 2 cross-division games where one division provides a 7+ win team and the other provides a 5-5 team.

beautiful

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'm ready. Let's do this! You're going down Taxes!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I would love to say "oh yeah top team against a 5-5 team should be easy" but, much like real life, Lamar Jackson and his ability to do everything terrifies me and he could very well score 120 points against Wake Forest and send me to an early grave.

Hopefully Will Grier steps it up against KSU.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Today's been a good day so far. Can I keep it up and knock off taxes?!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Holy gently caress my dudes are putting in work today but so are my opponents.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i would like to thank my opponent for just deciding not to start a defence because i'm positive that those 20 points are dfientely going to be a factor in the final score

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
uh oh...

Rodney Anderson is going off.

Taxes, this going to come down to pac 12 at night

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Jesus... I thought Hall going for 70 was pretty good... Anderson went for 97.

Need Richard to keep pace with Tate and Mims to blow up in Hawaii. Would love a TD from my TE, too.

Also, can we just kick DC Murderverse, Metapod, Fork of Unknown Origins and Lee Majors out of the playoffs and replay today's matchups as the semifinals next week? Cause these matchups didn't wind up balanced at all -_-

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Holy poo poo Vyst. :stare: I had a 91 point RB and still got wrecked

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

kayakyakr posted:

Need Richard to keep pace with Tate and Mims to blow up in Hawaii. Would love a TD from my TE, too.

Also, can we just kick DC Murderverse, Metapod, Fork of Unknown Origins and Lee Majors out of the playoffs and replay today's matchups as the semifinals next week? Cause these matchups didn't wind up balanced at all -_-

um, gently caress you I've got 45 points coming from my CSU running back.

edit: make that 65, and it might have been more had he been able to play overtime. Regardless, I was a top 4 scorer today and you lost because of bad luck so :P

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 12, 2017

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Spintzel posted:

Holy poo poo Vyst. :stare: I had a 91 point RB and still got wrecked

Pac-12 saving my rear end again lol

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DC Murderverse posted:

um, gently caress you I've got 45 points coming from my CSU running back.

edit: make that 65, and it might have been more had he been able to play overtime. Regardless, I was a top 4 scorer today and you lost because of bad luck so :P

drat, well done by that dude.

Also dammit Taxes. You beat me again. I'll get you next year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

Why would you kick me out of the playoffs, I had a good season? :smith:

Also, my luck ran out. I cobbled together a reasonably lovely team with no real options at QB. Rotated defenses based on matchups and polished this turd somehow (Justice Hill, Anthony Miller and James Washington, I'm not talking about you).

In the end the injuries were too much with my paper-thin team.

Good year guys.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

kayakyakr posted:

Much like real college football poo poo ain't fair.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm really annoyed that I'm gonna be without one of my Colorado Boys for each of the last two weeks. Phillip Lindsey is off this week and Dawkins is off next week. Luckily I've got a nice bench to keep me safe but it's a shame that my MVPs are gonna be missing the playoffs.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Semifinal matchups are ready to go.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Good game, yak. Really lucked into a Rodney Anderson explosion this time.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Good season everyone. I'm rooting for you, Taxes, since I'm an Arizona fan and you picked up Tate.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

god loving dammit will grier is dead i'm toast

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

god loving dammit will grier is dead i'm toast

No you're not. None of my fuckin dudes are doing poo poo

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I thought Tate was going to kill me not BC's RB.

Need some magic from Gaskin tonight.

Edit: THE COMEBACK BEGINS

Fork of Unknown Origins fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 19, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Jaylen Samuels fumbling away my victory would be kinda fitting honestly.

edit: lol even if I win tonight I'll be without my QB and one of my top two RBs in the finals.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 19, 2017

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
5-5 and into the championship!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

jesus loving christ an 8 seed vs. a team down two of it's top players.

Truly a battle of the titans this year.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Cinderella baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Good game, fork - good luck y'all!

• Locked thread