Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Well, Duke Catalon is making me regret not starting him. When Darius Anderson goes for 4, I'm going to be real sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
A bit of Thursday night shaming:

Joey Freshwater is missing a defense
Metapod is missing a WR
Scionix is missing a WR and WR/RB
Quandry is missing a WR and Def
Jabro is missing a WR
Webbeh is missing a Kicker
HOTLANTA MAN is missing a QB and TE

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

kayakyakr posted:

A bit of Thursday night shaming:

Joey Freshwater is missing a defense
Metapod is missing a WR
Scionix is missing a WR and WR/RB
Quandry is missing a WR and Def
Jabro is missing a WR
Webbeh is missing a Kicker
HOTLANTA MAN is missing a QB and TE

I know. Fantrax isn't opening for me so welp guess I'll try tomorrow.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
i live dangerously

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Cool, my bye week fill-in QB scored 100 points and I'm still going to lose because everyone else did jack poo poo.

Cool.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ninja Bob posted:

Cool, my bye week fill-in QB scored 100 points and I'm still going to lose because everyone else did jack poo poo.

Cool.

Drew Lock went ballistic

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Ninja Bob posted:

Cool.

I wanted lock too but put Moss ahead of him on waiver priority. I regret that now.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Goddamn y'all, I'm unstoppable

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
WELP I COULD HAVE USED A KICKER THIS WEEK

gently caress me

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
What a miserable day.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sharkskin.....good?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Let it be none that had I picked up any kicker, I could have tied with kayak this week.

FUCKEVERYTHING

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

Let it be none that had I picked up any kicker, I could have tied with kayak this week.

FUCKEVERYTHING

Yup. I even called you out on it.

But also, my kicker missed an XP, so... That was my week.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Mostly happy with this week's waiver wire. I've now got 3 players that I'd like to play this week (for streaming speculation) but no spots left to play them. Better feeling than hating most of my roster.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I'm going to clutch onto my team and pray they don't poo poo the bed.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm going to put up so many points against Ohio State this week

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
My team started 0-5. It will finish 5-5.

Obviously, not what I wanted... and I'm pretty sure 5-5 won't make the playoffs. But I'm proud of the turnaround when many goons would have abandoned their teams at 0-5

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

My team started 0-5. It will finish 5-5.

Obviously, not what I wanted... and I'm pretty sure 5-5 won't make the playoffs. But I'm proud of the turnaround when many goons would have abandoned their teams at 0-5

Well done. You get to play spoiler now for other divisions. Aside from Div 1, there's no other division that's a runaway. Big week for determining who makes the top playoffs.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
With 2 games left, the division races are still wide open.

The Robert Lee Memorial Division has 3 teams that could still take it: Overall #1 The Paterno People, and Miss Brittany's Side Pieces lead, but a slip up anywhere could see DACOACHO ZONE back in the race. This week, the division features an in-division matchup pitting last place Ballage Barrage vs 1st place The Paterno People. Ballage Barrage is out of the playoff race, but could play spoiler with a big week. Special credit to Piper who, after falling to 0-5 has led his Group of 5 All Stars back with 3 straight wins. He won't make the top playoffs, but good job making it closer.

Hugh Freeze House of Sleeze has 4 teams that are still in the playoff hunt. 500k Per Win: The Kirk Ferentz Story is solidly in command and has a significant enough points lead that it would take some serious collapsing to miss the playoffs. Sharkskin Condoms could use the win this week in a big way to keep away from both Phyllis From Mulga and Legalize Dog Marriage. He's got a big game against resurgent Group of 5 All Stars to try to get there.

Stairmaster To Heaven also has 4 in the playoff hunt with Shimmy Shimmy Ya naturally taking a dominant 2 game lead. One win puts him in. 2 games back are The Actual AIRBHG (me!) and Rich Rod's Rage Face, while the University of Phoenix hasn't been eliminated at 3-5. Any loss could doom a playoff run for these 3 teams.

Joe Pacino Cover-up Division is one in which all 5 teams are technically still alive in the playoff hunt. They're our very own ACC circle of suck. Beamer's Steamers has a fairly substantial points lead, but is 3rd by record. Lamar Jackson State's record matches that of his namesake and puts him in the lead, while The Glory Glory Hole is behind in points. Boomer Sooner Y'all is still in the race if things fall the right way. Doeren's Drunkards is going to have to go on a scoring spree the likes that we haven't seen yet this year, AND get some help to make the playoffs. Huge in-division matchup between Lamar Jackson State and Beamer's Steamers which could very well decide the division championship.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

With 2 games left, the division races are still wide open.

Joe Pacino Cover-up Division is one in which all 5 teams are technically still alive in the playoff hunt. They're our very own ACC circle of suck. Beamer's Steamers has a fairly substantial points lead, but is 3rd by record. Lamar Jackson State's record matches that of his namesake and puts him in the lead, while The Glory Glory Hole is behind in points. Boomer Sooner Y'all is still in the race if things fall the right way. Doeren's Drunkards is going to have to go on a scoring spree the likes that we haven't seen yet this year, AND get some help to make the playoffs. Huge in-division matchup between Lamar Jackson State and Beamer's Steamers which could very well decide the division championship.

I can only go down from here.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
Is it top 2 from each division or top 6/8 overall? I can't remember

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

Is it top 2 from each division or top 6/8 overall? I can't remember

top 2 from each division

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I can't be arsed to do the math by hand on the Boise game that fantrax isn't scoring live so I guess I'll see if I won tomorrow. I think Wilson has given/will give me enough as long as Boise doesn't turn it over.

edit: Also I totally thought UCF was playing Appalachian State and not Austen Peay or whatever so I would get full points but oh well my bad.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Really didn't think this team would be able to make the playoffs - thought I killed it in the draft but drat near everyone has been a bust.

Drafted the worst Texas Tech quarterback in 30 years, Devwah Whaley/Duke Catalon/Milo Hall/Zack Moss all huge busts, Mike Weber/JaMycal Hasty/Shane Buchele got injured week 1 and lost their starting job, Jazz Peavy left Wisconsin to work on personal issues. The only decent draftee I have left on the team is Deontay Burnette.

I'll probably lose in the first round but thats ok.

Congrats to vyst and DC Murderverse for also making the playoffs (I think)

3-way tie for the 2nd playoff spot in Stairmaster to Heaven:
kayakyakr plays 4-5 Will Styles
jabro plays 7-2 DC Murderverse
Ninja Bob plays 5-4 Webbeh

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

jesus. Every year I think I have a decent team, and every year they get worse.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
jesus christ my team is garbage

at least my division is all tied up

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Dammit. Penny went insane and fantrax made me believe that UCF was playing Austin Peay. I forgot all about them moving the App State game. I start him, and my next week is all about points.

Stairmaster to Heaven's 2nd spot can go to any one of 3 players. Robert Lee's 2nd spot could go to just 2. Joe Pacino Cover Up can be won by any one of 4 people.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

I think this may be the most competitive final week in our league history.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Not for me. Sorry again for being so bad

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My autodraft team i've cobbled together in free agency and on the waiver wire is looking playoff bound at the moment.

Entire team took a poo poo and still won this week. :feelsgood:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i would very much like to see Penn State and the Paterno People poo poo the bed this week so I don't have to ever see them in the playoffs. thanks

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

kayakyakr posted:

Dammit. Penny went insane and fantrax made me believe that UCF was playing Austin Peay. I forgot all about them moving the App State game. I start him, and my next week is all about points.

Stairmaster to Heaven's 2nd spot can go to any one of 3 players. Robert Lee's 2nd spot could go to just 2. Joe Pacino Cover Up can be won by any one of 4 people.
Cool enough the two teams in Robert Lee looking for the second spot play each other this upcoming week!

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Not a great week to throw four picks, JT!

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Baker Mayfield, my starting QB, has 109 pts wow I must be crushing fantasy!

My team has 159 points.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DC Murderverse posted:

i would very much like to see Penn State and the Paterno People poo poo the bed this week so I don't have to ever see them in the playoffs. thanks

God Bless Football

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Welp, I believe that I managed to back my way in rear end backwards to the playoffs.

5 years in a row!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
welp goddamnit

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I would like to thank the last 3 teams I played for not having a full roster and allowing me to make my first playoffs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

top 2 from each division

Extremely glad my division was the lovely division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Metapod, you've failed to start a player in a skill position 3 times in the last 5 weeks. It wouldn't have helped this week, but you're insanely lucky to be in the playoffs.

Spintzel posted:

I would like to thank the last 3 teams I played for not having a full roster and allowing me to make my first playoffs

You're going into the playoffs as the #3 overall team. You've not needed the help, for the most part.

e: I don't remember how playoffs are set up, can't remember if it's based on division or overall seed, but here are the final rankings:

1. 500k Per Win: The Kirk Ferentz Story (DC Murderverse)
2. Shimmy Shimmy Ya (Taxes)
3. DACOACHO ZONE (Spintzel)
4. Beamer's Steamers (Fork of Unknown Origin)
5. Sharkskin Condoms (Lee Majors)
6. Miss Brittany's Side Pieces (Vyst)
7. The Actual AIRBHG (kayakyakr)
8. Lamar Jackson State (Metapod)

If it's by rank, then I'd have to face my own division winner in Taxes. The Fire Kliff Kingsbury ultimate match-up.

e2: Your NIT (next 2 per division) is:
9. The Paterno People (Komet)
10. Legalize Dog Marriage (HOTLANTA MAN)
11. Rich Rod's Rage Face (Ninja Bob)
12. The Glory, Glory Hole (Webbeh)
13. Phyllis From Mulga (Scionix)
14. Boomer Sooner Y'all (Quandry)
15. University of Phoenix (Jabro)
16. Group of 5 All Stars (Piper)

e2: And your CBI is:
17. Ballage Barrage (Will Styles)
18. Doeren's Drunkards (TheFlyingLama)
19. Butch Please (JoeyFreshwater)
20. #VolsDeep (JesustheDarkLord)

JesustheDarkLord has the glorious distinction of being the first 0-10 player in the last 5 years.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 5, 2017

• Locked thread