Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

excited for the My Summer Car race

And I'm still salty it's in the middle of the night even when the event in the neighboring country.

Does the ESA upload the runs in their YT channel during the event or do I have to VOD via Twitch?

Anyways, excited for the event, here's hoping the technical side will be better than last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"I don't know if you can hear us right now..."

ESA would not be ESA without technical difficulties, I guess.

Announcer-cam looks to be running at 240p resolution, which suits the theme of retro games. It also looks very convenient that they have to crouch down to read a donation

Don't see the point of having the on-stream clock in there, since all it does is confuse me, and I'm only one hour ahead of it

But other than that, ESA is on!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

mangler103 posted:

These announcers are punchy as gently caress. What time is it there?

The on-stream time is local time, 20:10 when I write this

e: They have one game down and they're already like 15 minutes behind the schudule

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

The more the stream 1 schedule gets delayed, the better.

I'm gonna be on couch for Hebereke aka Ufouria tomorrow since I basically invented running that game, then my own Mighty Gunvolt run is really early on Monday.

I'm not gonna wake up at 7:30 AM on my holiday for your Gunvolt run but if you manage to push the schedule a few hours forward I might be able to catch it.

Hebereke I'll watch for sure, one of my favourite NES games of all time.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I like the little food plate that this guy has set up for the runners.

e: Oh lord, it's chocolate-pineapple pizza

I also like the definition of ESA as the goofier european cousin of GDQ.

It's gonna be the NES block soon, after that Turtles in Time and Zero mission, it's gonna be a good sunday afternoon.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 23, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love the Gimmick! speedstrats, they look great and make the game seem even faster.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Studio posted:

San Andreas is ready for a GDQ imo. It's got so much goofy tech, and sub-5 hours is pretty dang good.

Yeah, I watched it yesterday and it was pretty entertaining, I would recommend for a watch if you want a solid (albeit a bit long) run.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I will probably try to catch the Alien 3 run on the second stream that's starting shortly. They're on intermission right now that the FF run finished.

Here's how the venue looks:

Minrad posted:

e: a runner with no friends and no donations, sometimes ESA is a little depressing

Well, now he got some donations, all he needs some friends now. And come on, he's not even the worst looking nerd in a speedrunning event, have some faith in yourself dude

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 24, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Donation: "Hey Herreteman, thanks for showing us this game, you're doing good so far"

Runner: "Not really"

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"This run can die due to RNG" and "It's made by LJN" this got my interest right away

e: This Treasure land Adventure run is made for all of those who say GDQ has become too family friendly with friendly banter of making GBS threads on burgers and teabagging NPC's

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 24, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm watching the Inside run on the "main" stream before going to bed. Pretty chill and technical run.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This Wii Sports resort run is prettu funny so far

There's RNG but that comes from the Wii motion controller calibration

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

5 minutes in My summer car and it's already fantastic

I love that they got Kotti to commentate on the run, his "rally english" or finglish sounds perfect for the game (more so if you ever heard the developer of MSC speak)

e2: Oh my God, the music

"Joka pelätyn Kung-Fun taitaa...."

Hope this won't get muted

Best run of the year

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jul 26, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

We're also getting the best rendition of "Snake eater" ever on the second stream at the end of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

IIIII'M STIIIIILLL IN A DREEEEEEEEEEEAM

e: the chat on the main stream is starting to veer in GDQ levels, which is pretty ironic considering there's loads people there who spam over and over how much they hate GDQ and the cucks who run it (boy is that the buzzword on the streets today)

The second stream is usually much slower, you can actually ask and talk about stuff there, and since there are 2 streams I haven't used Streamlink as much.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 27, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I can only assume he's playing some kind of romhack practice version and was able to load a savestate after the (failed) skip?

It sure is a beautiful trainwreck though

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Mario 64 70 player relay is awesome

I love that the announcer knows everyone

And that other guy advising if people are having trouble

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 27, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

the SOTN run is pretty good too

"this is cerberus he's a boss he's dead"

To be fair this is how Cerberus fight goes on casual playthroughs as well.

THIS GUY CHOKED OUR SUB 2

But seriously, a really great run

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 27, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.twitch.tv/esagame

TMR is playing Battletoads on some watermelons.

Yes you read that right.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

And now it's dxtr with Ninja Gaiden on the watermelons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Nugget guy is taking the main focus during Punchy's Silent Hill run

And they didn't even read my donation I spent a lot of time thinking about

The chat was eating it up, though

e: And the announcer started to troll him too

e2: No matter what happens, you're my hero, Punchy

e3: I haven't seen the chat move this fast during the whole event than now that there are two women on screen at the same time and a third visited briefly

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 28, 2017

• Locked thread