Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Just caught up with this thread over a few days and holy hell, Rarity, this is some outstanding stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

I can practically hear this gif

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Please don’t be too hard on poor Jacques, because the Mountie is going to do some amazing things before his run wraps up.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Benne posted:

Weren't the "blindfolds" actually see-through as hell, so they could've had a normal match if they wanted but still had to pretend they were totally blind?

You can actually see light shining through the masks on the broadcast.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Henry Winkler once stayed at a hotel I worked at. As he checked out, he thanked each staff member individually for their service. He’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met and I will NOT let anyone say he isn’t the cat’s pajamas.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hilariously wrong thread

TL fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 2, 2018

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

He's also a former WWF Tag Team champion (as Billy White Wolf)

Sheik would break Scott Steiner

This dude’s nipple stars are very distressing

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
So with regards to the WCW belt, by the time Survivor Series rolled around, Flair had already returned the belt to WCW. To get around this on TV, Jack Tunney declared that since the title wasn’t a valid WWF championship, they’d distort the belt digitally. What Flair actually wore to the ring this time was a WWF Tag Team title belt.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Repo Man is one of those gimmicks that should not work in any way, but Barry Darsow committed himself to the role so much that it worked better than it had any right to. I’d almost wish he got more of a push, but then I remember how limited he was as a worker.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
This reminds me of a story Mick Foley tells in his first book where he worked for a promoter who booked acts such as “Buck Hogan”, taught some twelve year olds to walk bow legged so he could use them as midget wrestlers, and put Cactus Jack in a tag team as one of the South Sea Islanders. When Mick objected, the promoter told him he could still be Cactus Jack, but they’d announce him as being from Tonga.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I will never not laugh at Luger referring to his shirt as a top.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
As random as these teams were, Duggan and Slaughter were a tag team at the time. They were, as one would guess, awful.

And I think Virgil’s nose was broken by Sid on Superstars a few weeks before this, hence the lovely mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
No "What Dat Butt" award?