Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/jan-22-2024/card-usage-update

lol, Droll jumps up 43 points to a 70% usage rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
an FTK card is the 4th most used finisher in the game lol. jesus christ ban Soulpiercer

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Feels Villeneuve posted:

an FTK card is the 4th most used finisher in the game lol. jesus christ ban Soulpiercer

No don't I love actually being able to summon steam king train

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New MD banlist:

Slight hits to Branded and Lab

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Flair posted:

New MD banlist:

Slight hits to Branded and Lab

Oh no now I have another open slot for the dumbest niche normal trap ever seen.

Heavy slump against Maxx c has been the funniest addition..

EDIT: I've been playing Abyss Actors and I think this deck might be actually good. Even on a bad hand I can tech into Deus Machinex with 4 mats and a half power abyss actor combo.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 26, 2024

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Overview of New Update (including New Veiler Special Discount Bundle):

New Mayakashi Gate:

New Earth Secret Pack:

New Anti-Cheat:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
where are the other two channelers dammit

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
where emergency. where preventer

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

in a week hopefully

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New datamine leaks: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/leaks-and-updates

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I still have my Swordsoul deck. I might end up getting it just to get an amount of UR dust for 1500 gems, depending on what the actual list is.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New Duelist Cup dates:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New login bonus:

New event:

Here is the qr code for the event:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
QR code for the second chain:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Big anniversary animation that I totally didn't cry watching the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8hRb4TCZo

AND an entirely new exodia archetype of 10 cards! (Linking the reddit page because the YGOrg post missed multiple lines of text that are super important to the deck)
https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/1ahs1n0/ocg_25th_legend_duelist_livestream_ten_new_exodia/

This seems actually neat? I don't think it'll be more than rogue but it seems like a real deck. It's multiple different ways to get to an otk using the same monster. The fusion does it if you have >= LP on turn 2+, the quickplay lets you set it up with the 10k attack equips and piercing, the normal trap clears the field OR if it's milled or sent to GY lets you add an exodia piece to hand or reset any spent exodia pieces that are in the gy or banishment. With the monsters being support to spend LP or reveal you have the trump in hand to put bodies on board or search poo poo or gain LP.

It's got an actual gameplan that the other player can interact with and that the exodia player can interact with the other person. so it's easily the best attempt at an exodia archetype. And in a long grind game it can recycle exodia pieces or add them to hand 3 times so it's got a really scary grind game plan.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 3, 2024

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/feb-03-2024/info

more readable version of seeing the new cards

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair posted:

QR code for the second chain:

QR code for the next chain:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
QR code for the last chain:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they didn't announce that soulpiercer was banned during the event, 0/10

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/february-2024/tokyo-dome-announcements

Worgit
Jan 11, 2020
Not only is the upcoming yugioh gbc/gba collection coming out internationally, it will have games that were jp only.
https://www.konami.com/games/eu/en/topics/17742/

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Big update for Master Duel:

New selection pack:

Reprint selection pack:

New Apollousa alt art available in secret pack, new Spright secret pack, and reruns of alt art secret packs:

New Blues Eye Structure Deck:

Limited time Blues Eye alt art bundle:

Also, there is a rerun of the anniversary login bonus and other bundles

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Also, if you are new player (for 7 days) or an inactive player returning after 30 days of inactivity, you can get a swordsoul structure deck:

You would need to enter a campaign code here:

Flair fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 11, 2024

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

so apparently you can pull alt art eldlich from the master pack, because I just got one in the first 4 of the spright pack lol

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
You can just make a new Steam account with a disposable e-mail and enter your main account's code to get the SwordSoul deck. Takes about five minutes, plus however long it takes to download the 10GB of game data. If you already have all the Swordsoul stuff, that's basically 50 free UR dust.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I'm a returning player and I think I'm still in the tutorial. I have 5,110 gems and I'm not sure what I should be spending them on. I heard something about bad packs or decks or something?

Flair posted:

Also, if you are new player (for 7 days) or an inactive player returning after 30 days of inactivity, you can get a swordsoul structure deck:

You would need to enter a campaign code such as this one: 31fe790a

I just used your code, thanks!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm a returning player and I think I'm still in the tutorial. I have 5,110 gems and I'm not sure what I should be spending them on. I heard something about bad packs or decks or something?

the general consensus is that you start by figuring out what first deck you want to play, you try to build it (usually with 3 copies of a structure deck, possibly going into a related pack for 20 pulls) and then you start buying the staple bundles to get a free copy of ash/imperm etc.

Swordsoul is often the suggestion for a first deck, so this event is great, but I don't actually know enough about Swordsoul to know if the structure is a good enough start or if you really need to put 20 packs into the swordsoul/tenyi packs before you go into bundles, so it's probably worth waiting for someone who knows more about it before you spend

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The Swordsoul structure you get is a pretty solid start. You're missing a bunch of the Tenyi stuff, but that's mainly just N/R cards, and a bunch of extra deck staples. I'd focus on getting the 750 gem bundles with varoius hand traps. At the very least, get the Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring and Infinite Impermanence ones. For comparison, this is what my fairly standard Swordsoul deck looks like:

So you can craft the following cards for the deck without worry:

3x Tenyi Spirit - Adhara
1x Tenyi Spirit - Shthana
3x Tenyi Spirit - Vishuda
3x Tenyi Spirit - Ashuna
3x Monk of the Tenyi

Dismantle any SR/UR that isn't a staple card or related to the Swordsoul archetype, or an archetype that you'd like to play. Crafting an SR from the Guardian of the Sacred Summit secret pack unlocks it for purchase in the shop. It's a really good secret pack, as it's basically entirely devoted to the Swordsoul archetype. However, with the structure deck, you have so many URs from the archetype already that it might not even be worth going after. The only URs from the pack you'd need are Swordsoul Sinister Sovereign - Qixing Longyuan and a second copy of Swordsoul Grandmaster - Chixiao.

In terms of UR crafts, I'd recommend the following priorities:

3x Maxx "C"
2x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring (assuming you bought the 750 gem bundle)
2x Called by the Grave
2x Infinite Impermanence (again, assuming you bought the relevant bundle)

This is a core of staple cards you'll use in pretty much any deck going forward. After that, the first card you'll probably want to craft is Baronne de Fleur. This is a level 10 synchro monster with generic materials that's played in pretty much any deck that does synchro plays.

I'd recommend focusing on the SwordSoul deck at first. It's a deck that can definitely still carry you into Diamond.

This is a good and fairly up to date Swordsoul deck video.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Skios posted:

The Swordsoul structure you get is a pretty solid start. You're missing a bunch of the Tenyi stuff, but that's mainly just N/R cards, and a bunch of extra deck staples. I'd focus on getting the 750 gem bundles with varoius hand traps

Looking at the follower codes, it looks like you actually gain more rewards if the new accounts rank up to bronze 4, including gems and all the tenyi cards anyway. I can't tell if its mutual for both players but it seems like it might be? Also multiple people can use one code it seems.

Anyway here's my code for any lurkers: 1690d4c6

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Anti-Tachyon posted:

Anyway here's my code for any lurkers: 1690d4c6

heres mine 0792a35a

I got Dark Magician as my UR :sigh:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ThermoPhysical posted:

A new selection pack came out, so that will shake up what is good or not good right now. Nevertheless, Swordsoul is a good start, and the structure deck has a lot of what you would want for a Swordsoul deck.

Generally, the special bundles (located under "Shop" and then the "Special" tab and then the "Bundle Deal" tab) are good deals:

In terms of value, all of the bundles are great deals, but you probably want to prioritize the above from top to bottom. Otherwise, most of staples you would currently use for some or most decks (except for Solemn Judgement).

Otherwise, you can look here https://ygom.untapped.gg/en/decks?deckBuilding=all&minGames=40&q=archetype.7&rankRange=BRONZE_TO_MASTER&sort=GameCount&timeFrame=CurrentMeta to figure out how to improve your swordsoul deck. I would start with crafting the staples first like Maxx C and Called By before you start crafting archetype specific cards

Nonetheless, if you are willing to study this game deeply in order to build and play the best deck right now, you would have to wait and see the meta settle since new cards were just introduced. Gems do not expire except when they are in the gift box, so you do not need to spend them right away. Otherwise, Swordsoul is great to start right now given the campaign and you figure some things out from just playing it.

Anti-Tachyon posted:

Looking at the follower codes, it looks like you actually gain more rewards if the new accounts rank up to bronze 4, including gems and all the tenyi cards anyway. I can't tell if its mutual for both players but it seems like it might be? Also multiple people can use one code it seems.

The campaign is mutually beneficially

Worgit
Jan 11, 2020
Just as a heads up, each account can only redeem one code. Mine's 1c2c4394.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Worgit posted:

Just as a heads up, each account can only redeem one code. Mine's 1c2c4394.

Entered yours, and also here's mine 0083c169

I'm brand new to YGO so I'm just dicking around in Master Duel. But also there's another online version called Duel Links? I feel like they're different somehow, like one's more casual than the other? It's confusing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Count Thrashula posted:

Entered yours, and also here's mine 0083c169

I'm brand new to YGO so I'm just dicking around in Master Duel. But also there's another online version called Duel Links? I feel like they're different somehow, like one's more casual than the other? It's confusing.

Duel Links has a completely different and unique ruleset with a lot of stuff that takes advantage of the online format while Master Duel uses the rules from the actual card game

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Here's my returners campaign code thing: 2660fc0a

I already have a Swordsoul deck, so I could use the extra UR points. Especially since I decided I want to make a pure Snake-Eyes deck.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Thanks for all the advice!

My returner code is 35c9798b

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i really adore duel links as a strange alt-timeline for ygo. if you ever thought "i love this deck but it was just too underpowered for the format it was released in" or "this deck was really cool in the anime but was missing critical support to pull it together" or "i wish i could play rush duels officially", duel links has a lot to offer you

i just wish the monetization sucked less

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
My code number is easy to remember 3d7b7999

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
do NOT enter my campaign code of 17eb60qd