Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"Tuner synchro from the extra deck"
Its a combo extension card and synchro spam enabler.

You can still grab a Ghost Ogre with its first effect though to set up destruction on the opponent's turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

Sadly Heroes and D-Heroes aren't really in that playable a state yet.

D-heroes are aggressively garbage (why did Cyber Angels and Ojama's get the modern support but not this deck :argh:) but I've been having a lot of fun with Skyscraper beatdown on the lower rungs of the ladder. Blazeman especially is surprisingly strong just by the virtue of being able to deck-thin while turning into a 2500 beater/searching discard fodder.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh yeah
I think i subconsciously discounted the first effect for ghost ogre purposes since it summons, which does open it up to negation/shenanigans.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, these reveals raise the odds for a NK link to 90%, right?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, these reveals raise the odds for a NK link to 90%, right?

Based on the leak, it's closer to 100%.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

D-heroes are aggressively garbage (why did Cyber Angels and Ojama's get the modern support but not this deck :argh:) but I've been having a lot of fun with Skyscraper beatdown on the lower rungs of the ladder. Blazeman especially is surprisingly strong just by the virtue of being able to deck-thin while turning into a 2500 beater/searching discard fodder.

What kills me about D-heroes is it's not like the good stuff isn't programmed into the game. Aster's lv40 deck has Drilldark and D-Counter and Destiny End Dragoon, all of which would bring the deck up to a competitive state. There's some goofy poo poo you can do with Dasher and Diamond Dude, at least.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Looking forward to the Crystron Link, I've always had a soft spot for synchro spamming.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was bored so I booted up Duel Links again (having played a little a long while ago) and I just don't really know what to do.

I beat Joey but then I'm stumped, Weevil's twice his level and I have no idea what to do deck-wise, right now I'm just running the Jaden Structure Deck, without a Skill since the only one I have is the one that sets Mountain. Any tips?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

I was bored so I booted up Duel Links again (having played a little a long while ago) and I just don't really know what to do.

I beat Joey but then I'm stumped, Weevil's twice his level and I have no idea what to do deck-wise, right now I'm just running the Jaden Structure Deck, without a Skill since the only one I have is the one that sets Mountain. Any tips?

Buy packs of Dawn of Destiny. The pack contains a lot of strong low-level monsters, some of the strongest removal in the game and above all, the Naturia beatdown core which is incredibly strong while being made up of budget friendly normal drops.

If you've unlocked Jaden and bought the Structure pack then you already have all the components of Skyscraper beatdown. Just level up to get the skill and you're good to go.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm still running dragon fusion beatdown. It seems to still work okay, but it can still brick hard and it has gently caress all for removal. Maybe I should make something new?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ojama Fusion beatdown :getin:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/kazukisoe/status/921901038998765568

Yes.

YES.

Oh that's just cruel.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love seeing Skull Servants being best deck because they sure are so this video is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJxjr6ZwCik

Look at those 12k Kings, beautiful.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

Ojama Fusion beatdown :getin:

Ojamas aren't just great for playing competitively, they are superb for farming Legendary Duelists.

(If you're new to Duel Links, do yourself a favor and grab two copies of Union Attack while the Duelist Kingdom event is running or you'll never forgive yourself)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Do you just have to grind fights with Chazz to get ojama card drops to build the deck? I didnt see any ojamas in any of the boosters you can buy.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

You get a King and 3x of each of the vanilla Ojamas just for unlocking Chazz. Blue and Knight are from level-up rewards and also from farming Chazz. You can get two Countries from level-ups but you're usually just going to use Chazz's skill that puts it on board from the start of the duel. So all you really want from packs are things like King of the Swamp and other Fusion support stuff, maybe White Elephant's Gift or Tri-Wight or other tech stuff.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You need polymerization for the Ojama-deck to work so that should be your first priority if you don't have 3 already. Also try to unlock Aster Phoenix if you haven't already (summon 200 dark monsters in GX-world) as he immediately gives you a copy of Destiny Hero Plasma which is really easy to splash into Ojama's. Of Chazz's own support cards Ojama Blue and Ojama Knight are the difficult ones to get, farming lvl.40 Chazz can be really difficult without Union Attack and/or Dark Paladin.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 23, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

Ojamas aren't just great for playing competitively, they are superb for farming Legendary Duelists.

(If you're new to Duel Links, do yourself a favor and grab two copies of Union Attack while the Duelist Kingdom event is running or you'll never forgive yourself)

I'm going to need a list on this. I seemingly have none of the sensible lists for locking down Ancient Gear Golem. :shepicide:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

As you wish!

Replace Last Day of Witch with any cards that help you clear out your opponent's monster zones so you can lock them. Acid Rain is probably what you're looking for if you're going to use this to farm Dr. Crowler.

Additionally, here's my pvp Ojama list.

I'd use a third Blue if I had one, in both of these lists really, but it works fine with two or maybe even one. I'm considering dropping Enchanted Fitting Room to 1 or 0 since I haven't had much luck with them.

Oh, and here's what I'm using to farm the good doctor.

Legendary Ocean, Legendary Fisherman and Spirit Barrier creates a lock in which your opponent can only attack you directly for no battle damage, so they won't bother attacking at all. Reinforcements brings Fisherman to your hand, and Magical Mallet helps you get the other two key pieces asap. On the last turn just summon Twin Headed Thunder Dragon, do your business with Gravekeeper's Vassal + Union Attackx2 + Secret Pass and then use Anti-Magic Arrows at the start of the battle phase to prevent the doctor from using Zero Gravity. Trap Jammer is also fine if you don't have Arrows.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ancient Gears are now meta. Duel Link is officially the best Yu-gi-oh has ever been.

Thanks! :)

Metal Sonichu
May 18, 2013
TCGplayer listed the YCS Dallas decklists. Out of 20+ decks 4 weren't SPYRAL or SPYRAL-hybrids.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Were BA or Kozmo ever this meta dominant?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Were BA or Kozmo ever this meta dominant?

Nope.

SPYRAL are tier 0 on both sides of the ocean, and it's likely to remain that way for a while.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

We don't even have Trigate Wizard yet, a banish and negation that's part of the OCG's standard final board. We will in a week though. :unsmigghh:

I remember when SPYRAL were a barely-rogue rank 1 spam deck like 3 of us on the Discord played and almost no-one else.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 29, 2017

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

It's a godawful format right after another godawful format to be sure. Duel Links is spoiling me. All glory to our lord and savior, Enemy Controller.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't like Enemy Controller very much, high level duels are sometimes just turn after turn of attack negation and getting nowhere and it bores me to sleep. I'll certainly grant that the Duel Links meta is far more varied though. Pretty agreeable banlist too, that they actually attempt to explain the decisions for.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I mean, compared to generic floodgates and Solemn cards, it's fun and good.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I fully expect Duel Links to go poo poo upon either the introduction of Cyber Dragons or, god forbid, the good Monarchs but luckily we're not there yet.

EDIT: Raiza combined with Weevil would break the game.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 29, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm reasonably confident that they're not going to add Cyber Dragon and Zane will conspicuously show up with only Cyberdarks. I'm curious how they're going to handle 5Ds if they get there though, short of just skipping Aki entirely (not like that would be entirely untrue to later 5Ds :argh:), because a board wipe like Black Rose is the sort of thing they're very definitely trying to avoid.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm reasonably confident that they're not going to add Cyber Dragon and Zane will conspicuously show up with only Cyberdarks. I'm curious how they're going to handle 5Ds if they get there though, short of just skipping Aki entirely (not like that would be entirely untrue to later 5Ds :argh:), because a board wipe like Black Rose is the sort of thing they're very definitely trying to avoid.

Maybe they'll go with the manga dragon instead?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

Nope.

SPYRAL are tier 0 on both sides of the ocean, and it's likely to remain that way for a while.

A massive turnaround from when the first set of spyrals got released.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

A massive turnaround from when the first set of spyrals got released.

To be honest for the Goon discord, what we're seeing now isn't THAT far from what Twib was playing (Granted, he didn't have all the support then) while the rest of the world was obsessing about synchro's.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Would Cyber Dragon even break the game at this point? With Middle-Aged Mechs you can already summon a 2100 beater effortlessly in the form of Ancient Gear Knight. What I think is most likely to happen with Zane and the current power creep is they're going to give us a single Cyber Dragon in his unlock starter deck and that's it. If they have the balls to make Cyber End Dragon his ace monster, they'll throw us some Proto Cyber Dragons to use instead.

Cyberdarks are cool though. I wonder if they'll give us any of the new stuff.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

Would Cyber Dragon even break the game at this point?

It would get put into literally every deck and with LP-cap at 4000 it would rapidly shorten most games. Cyber Dragon is not very impressive in the current Yu-gi-oh but upon its release it changed everything. It was the gold standard which everything that came after had to match.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cyber Dragon was on the banlist at one point so I can totally see it loving the Duel Links meta.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

EMERGENCY BANLIST.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/detail.php?id=1155

Gofu, Quik-Fix, Drone, and Set Rotation are all limited. No other changes.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Dexie posted:

EMERGENCY BANLIST.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/detail.php?id=1155

Gofu, Quik-Fix, Drone, and Set Rotation are all limited. No other changes.

m_bison_yes.gif

With Gofu limited my brother's pain in the rear end cyberse/predaplant/venom dragon deck is neutered and I can now resume my rightful place as Older Brother

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Speaking of banlists, I like how Duel Links limited Machine Angel Ritual because Cyber Angels are too strong and the protection is too much, and then immediately release Saffira, extremely powerful support for the deck, and Hymn of Light, which does the exact same thing as Machine Angel Ritual but is in a main box instead of a gate drop. :20bux:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

All TCG's whether physical or digital are P2W and will always be because that's the business model.

I'm kinda excited about Gladiator Beasts getting released but also kinda bummed about them leaving out the key card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There's pay to win, and then there's pay to have access to something we literally just decided is unhealthy for the game.

Not only Gyzarus, but Glad Beasts are missing good battle protection and, most importantly, the very existence of Main Phase 2. I don't see them doing much.