Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Anyone else go to the Code of Duelist preview? I managed to pull a Firewall Dragon and a Topologic Bomber Dragon, sold them for $60 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

So I'm getting a bit burned out with my admittedly terrible half-assed Dark Magician deck. I want to start a new deck but I'm not really sure what direction to go in. I pretty much only play against my brother's Predaplant deck and his Cyberse deck, or my friends Frightfurs. Whats something that isn't too meta and a refreshing change from Dark spellcasters/fiends?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Dexie posted:

EMERGENCY BANLIST.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/detail.php?id=1155

Gofu, Quik-Fix, Drone, and Set Rotation are all limited. No other changes.

m_bison_yes.gif

With Gofu limited my brother's pain in the rear end cyberse/predaplant/venom dragon deck is neutered and I can now resume my rightful place as Older Brother

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

ProTip: download the Google Rewards app and lie on surveys to get between $0.10 and $1 in Google Play credit each time; save up and buy packs when they go on sale

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm really looking forward for when the TCG finally unbans Harpie's Feather Duster

I could finally use those Gryphon Wings! :buddy:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I tried putting together a gravekeepers deck and got real sad when I realized that necrovalley isn't in the game :saddowns:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

So between all my friend and family, I was gifted 10 Spirit Warriors packs. Out of 50 cards I only got two I needed (1 Starfire, 1 Zakiel) :negative:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Getting pretty sick of cyberse stuff tbh

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Join us in Duel Links.

I play Duel Links off and on as a time waster. I run an Ishizu fairy deck.

For real cards I've been having a lot of fun with my Musketeer deck. Hand traps for days :getin:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Anyone know when we can expect a TCG version of the Fluffal Angel from Shonen jump?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I only ask because my friend runs a Fluffal deck. I hate that deck so much so this is only good news for me :v:

Julias posted:

Not to mention we're still waiting on frightfur patchwork over a year later :sigh:

Hooooooly crap what a broken card, also good for me

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

He'll probably see improvements just by removing Exodia and Obelisk :v:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

In other words, you're saying he basically plays the game the way Yugi in the first anime series did - a deck full of random generalist crap and praying that he'll get lucky and draw exactly what he needs when he needs it. As opposed to actually just picking a win condition and building the deck around making that win condition happen.

This was me when I started playing again last year after a ~12 year hiatus. My original deck was a mishmash of Toons, ritual monsters (Crab Turtles), and a smattering of magic (not spell!) and trap cards. I had no extra deck, and Xyz/Synchros were completely unknown to me. After removing my Monster Reborn, Pot of Greed, and Change of Heart, I had a 59 card deck :v:

From there it was a process of removing what didn't work, adding more of what did, and keeping as close to 40 cards as I could. It was a slow evolution that saw me remove and replace all but 3 of my original cards (Dark Magician, Magic Drain, Magic Cylinder), and it eventually settled on a half-decent Dark Magician deck.

What kept me from losing, if you'll pardon the expression, the heart of my deck was this slow, Ship of Theseus style progression and accepting that no, I won't be prepared for anything and yes, I will face cards and decks that I can't win against no matter what combos I pull.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Something that worked for me was to pick a theme or concept you really like and build a deck around it. I like Dark Magicians, I built a deck around it. I loved the artwork and design concepts of Magical Muskets, so I put a deck together. Theres so many drat themes and concepts and archetypes in this game its impossible not to find something you like.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Anyone else having trouble finding a Kaiba collection box? Target, Walmart, and my local store are sold out. The place I usually play at has them for $50, and they're going for $45 on Amazon :negative:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Not every card comes from the anime; I would say most of the Main booster sets do but the other booster sets are all original as far as I know. If I'm wrong someone please refer me to the episode with the Magical Musketeers :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

https://ygorganization.com/thesorceressofsummonsbyviz/

Guess who just signed up for a year of weeb magazines