Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

the best archetypes are the ones who are anime girls

the worst are the ones who are furries

my wind witch/magician girl deck agrees with this notion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Well, it's a combo extender that gives you a level 5 effect monster for xyz/synchro/link summons, as well as an extra normal summon and dumps a light monster in your graveyard. It is balanced by the fact that it takes up valuable real estate in both the extra and main deck, and it can be interrupted by twin twister/cosmic cyclone/mst/dimension barrier/maybe ghost ash??? I don't think it needs a hit, personally, unless they somehow make the actual GK archetype tier zero.

Food for thought, the Symphonic Warrior engine of three Guitaar and one or two Miccs gives you a really similar combo extender with a lot of the same benefits/drawbacks, but requiring a discard and not giving you the light monster in the grave in exchange for being reusable opt and giving you a 2300atk lv5 machine-type for those powercreeped-but-still-good cyber dragon infinity plays. It takes up less room in the deck & doesn't take up any extra deck space. You can also splash in one of the symphonic tuners to add more versatility to the engine. I'm a big fan.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

they'll never print that card because making Aqua Chorus obsolete would shake up the meta too much

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

So uh hey the Symphonic Warrior engine is really good.

For those who don't know what it is is, Symphonic Warrior Guitaar is a Pendulum with the effect to discard a card and special summon a Symphonic Warrior from the deck, usually Symphonic Warrior Miccs, which has a double summon effect like Gem-Knight Seraphinite.

The benefits of it over Brilliant Fusion are numerous. It doesn't take any Extra Deck investment, Miccs is a Pendulum itself with a 1 scale so it's less bricky than Garnet, Guitaar doesn't reduce the stats of what it summons so you can ruin things over the with Miccs, Miccs is a Machine so you can use it for Cyber Dragon Nova, you can run Symphonic Warrior Bassess for a level-modulating Tuner for Synchro tech... I'm in love. Basically the only reason to use Brilliant now is if you really need to dump a LIGHT monster.

I basically made this exact same post last page lol

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'm just glad other people love them as much as I do. :guitar:

Probably my favourite deck right now. Pretend the extra deck has Missus Radiant and Decode Talker in it since I haven't been able to figure out which version of ygopro with Links is The Good One.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Given that the format currently really supports endless extended plays into triple firewall dragon unbreakable boards, I can't find myself all that bothered or threatened by Cardians. Either get used to seeing solitaire turns, play anti-meta decks to slow the opponent way down or switch to playing Duel Links.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Hitting common combo extenders (instant fusion, brilliant fusion, scapegoat, firewall dragon) would be a start, but players would find other ways to keep their plays going forever. Maxx C used to be a good way to threaten a player against making huge plays, but it's too powerful and swung games almost all the time. There needs to be a more balanced version that limits your opponent's plays but doesn't stop them outright or put you in an automatic win state - maybe something that burns them for 500-1000lp per special summon for the rest of the turn? I don't know, maybe that would be too strong for burn decks since Trickstars are a thing. Again, Duel Links loving rules and is much more balanced and slow if you want to get away from solitaire meta.

Oh, and speaking of, I wouldn't be shocked if the new Weevil support comes in the flavor of one of his more popular skills in DL. A card that shoves three Paracite Paraside in the opponent's deck would actually be kinda neat, or a retrain of that card and Insect Queen.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Scapegoat is cropping up all over the place in OCG decks as a three-of staple. It won't be long before TCG catches on.

Also I'd hate to lose Brilliant Fusion or any of those, personally. I like the combo-heavy format. I stopped playing GKs and moved my Brilliants into 50-card Goukis, which uses Zirconia -> Block Dragon to extend combos so it doesn't need Seraphinite anyways.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The Emeral & Grandsoil bans seem to be exclusively to stop FTK decks. And that's... Fine, I guess? FTK is kind of a lousy way to play the game.

What's the deal with Lithosagym?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Ah right, I forgot Dinosaurs were an earth-based deck. That makes a lot of sense.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

https://youtu.be/ILbgG4-_RFc

Duel Links is moving on up to GX next week. Get hype for Manjoume Thunder and the new Ojama meta.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Blazeman has already been confirmed, so I think that's a solid "Heck Yes" on e-heroes viability.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Hey so, GX format so far in Duel Links is loads of fun. Ojama King's ability to completely lock down the monster zone is hilarious, and Cyber Angels are exactly as broken as they sound like they'd be. There's still lots of people playing Red-Eyes, Zombie, Silent Magician and Blue-Eyes decks, too, if GX anime trash hell isn't your thing. And the occasional rear end in a top hat playing mill or burn.

Sadly Heroes and D-Heroes aren't really in that playable a state yet. D-Heroes would have been something if they didn't have Malicious at 2 and Destiny Draw at 1, but as it stands the only way you can play the deck is some sort of Flute Of Summoning Kuriboh->Multiply->D-Hero Plasma->Win Duel situation.

E:

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 10, 2017

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

D-heroes are aggressively garbage (why did Cyber Angels and Ojama's get the modern support but not this deck :argh:) but I've been having a lot of fun with Skyscraper beatdown on the lower rungs of the ladder. Blazeman especially is surprisingly strong just by the virtue of being able to deck-thin while turning into a 2500 beater/searching discard fodder.

What kills me about D-heroes is it's not like the good stuff isn't programmed into the game. Aster's lv40 deck has Drilldark and D-Counter and Destiny End Dragoon, all of which would bring the deck up to a competitive state. There's some goofy poo poo you can do with Dasher and Diamond Dude, at least.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

Ojama Fusion beatdown :getin:

Ojamas aren't just great for playing competitively, they are superb for farming Legendary Duelists.

(If you're new to Duel Links, do yourself a favor and grab two copies of Union Attack while the Duelist Kingdom event is running or you'll never forgive yourself)

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

You get a King and 3x of each of the vanilla Ojamas just for unlocking Chazz. Blue and Knight are from level-up rewards and also from farming Chazz. You can get two Countries from level-ups but you're usually just going to use Chazz's skill that puts it on board from the start of the duel. So all you really want from packs are things like King of the Swamp and other Fusion support stuff, maybe White Elephant's Gift or Tri-Wight or other tech stuff.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

As you wish!

Replace Last Day of Witch with any cards that help you clear out your opponent's monster zones so you can lock them. Acid Rain is probably what you're looking for if you're going to use this to farm Dr. Crowler.

Additionally, here's my pvp Ojama list.

I'd use a third Blue if I had one, in both of these lists really, but it works fine with two or maybe even one. I'm considering dropping Enchanted Fitting Room to 1 or 0 since I haven't had much luck with them.

Oh, and here's what I'm using to farm the good doctor.

Legendary Ocean, Legendary Fisherman and Spirit Barrier creates a lock in which your opponent can only attack you directly for no battle damage, so they won't bother attacking at all. Reinforcements brings Fisherman to your hand, and Magical Mallet helps you get the other two key pieces asap. On the last turn just summon Twin Headed Thunder Dragon, do your business with Gravekeeper's Vassal + Union Attackx2 + Secret Pass and then use Anti-Magic Arrows at the start of the battle phase to prevent the doctor from using Zero Gravity. Trap Jammer is also fine if you don't have Arrows.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

It's a godawful format right after another godawful format to be sure. Duel Links is spoiling me. All glory to our lord and savior, Enemy Controller.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I mean, compared to generic floodgates and Solemn cards, it's fun and good.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Would Cyber Dragon even break the game at this point? With Middle-Aged Mechs you can already summon a 2100 beater effortlessly in the form of Ancient Gear Knight. What I think is most likely to happen with Zane and the current power creep is they're going to give us a single Cyber Dragon in his unlock starter deck and that's it. If they have the balls to make Cyber End Dragon his ace monster, they'll throw us some Proto Cyber Dragons to use instead.

Cyberdarks are cool though. I wonder if they'll give us any of the new stuff.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'm interested to see how they decide to make Crystal Beasts work with the limited space.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

To be fair, there's nothing stopping from Duel Links from adding in more recent archetype support since they set the precedent with things like Cosmic Cyclone and all of the Cyber Angels. We're definitely not going to get the pendulums because obviously, but the continuous trap Crystal Hoard is a great card that would give the deck some viability to stall until it has the means to summon Rainbow Dragon as a win condition.

There's also a small but real chance they'll give us access to the recently announced Crystal Bonds as a means of cross-promoting the set in Japan.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I guess they're saving anything worth having for the character unlock event. Oh well, Rainbow Life is... Fine as a budget Draining Shield.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I dunno, Duel Links is about a year old (the Japanese version at least) and we're already in GX era. I wouldn't be surprised if we were into 5Ds by this time next year.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Duel Links metagame needs fixing. A second Lava Golem and Temple of the Mind's Eye made degenerate burn/zero interactivity decks the norm. The game needs MST/Twin Twisters/Breaker the Magic Swordsman/Stratos, and maybe limits on poo poo like Macromorph... Dakini to 1 would also be nice while we're at it. Floodgate to 2 maybe?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

I've got a friend who plays Harpies mostly as a goof/because they like Mai and realized it's actually really good antimeta.

I would give that a go except I don't have the Hunting Ground skill and my Mai's level 40 so I don't feel motivated to grind her.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Skull Servants deck coming to Duel Links get hype all you skeleton fans

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

They really spread themselves thin with Bonz's zombie stuff, huh. All we got for Skull Servants are two Kings and the vanillas, but they also gave him Ghostricks (none of the good ones, one copy of Scare) and generic Zombies with Regenerating Mummy and a single copy of Zombie World.

I'm not sure how you'd go about making a good Skull Servant deck. Gozuki, Samurai Skull and Painful Decision help fill your graveyard but it's a lot of work to get a maximum 4k beatstick. I guess we'll be waiting for the other Wights before this deck can really be viable. Too bad.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Gravekeepers were great a year ago, but power creep makes them strictly inferior to an easier-to-build deck like Naturia or Sacred Phoenix or even Six Sams.

They teased non-Yami Marik Ishtar at the end of the latest event, so with any luck we'll eventually get him with more Gravekeepers and a skill that lets you open with Necrovalley.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Yeah according to my stats, my highest single effect damage was 50,400 using Vassal & Union Attack. It's not hard to get ridiculous numbers with the right kind of deck.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Gladiator Beasts work fine in Duel Links. In exchange for not getting that sweet, sweet MP2, they can run Holy Guard and ignore battle damage on your turn, allowing you to ram into high defense monsters all day and gain advantage. It's a bit tougher to get since you really need 3x Laquari, but you'll get every other card you actually need for the deck while you're getting those & some copies of Impenetrable Attack which is A++ backrow.

Plus, you know, it'll get stronger when they release more of its support in the future, so it's a good investment now.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Lately I've had some good success with a VWXYZ Turbo gimmick deck that uses the VW fusion and Fusion Tag to quickly bring it out and dominate everything. Banishing any card on the field opt is really strong and changing enemy battle positions when you attack lets you swing over buffed up Hazy Flame monsters that can't be targeted. Buster Drake also protects VWXYZ from E-con shenanigans and destruction.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 12, 2018

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

A-counter based Alien decks are here my amigos and I am loving Ready

e: also it seems atk caps out at 65,535 for some reason??? i summoned Ra when i had nearly 200klp and it only ended up with that amount

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 20, 2018

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

How long did it take us to get Full Armored Crystal Zero Pepsi? Expect to wait that long, and be pleasantly surprised if it happens sooner.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

So I just got my third copy of That Grass Looks Greener in Duel Links but I'm not sure what if any decks this even supports. Any ideas?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Maybe a BLS Ritual deck? It's fairly beatdowny and has a lot of classic nostalgia stuff going for it with kuribohs and gaias. It's far from the best deck around but it should be able to keep pace with Raidraptors at least.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Arc-V definitely got me very excited about the game in a way that VRAINS really isn't. It's a real shame.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I am extremely on board for a Cryptid/Kaiju hybrid deck

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

For April Fools, Duel Links had an event where a bunch of Tristan clones would show up and if you tried to duel them they'd instantly lose. It was kind of funny.

But true fans know that the real April Fool was the PVP rewards update including this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

hey uhhhh noble knights are in duel links and they seem pretty good. so if you want NK to be meta, now's the time to enjoy that