Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh neat, I didn't realize we had a thread

I need some feedback on my current Master Duel deck. Its been doing decently and has carried me to Plat but I'm starting to run into some issues. Eldlich and Tri aren't a huge issue but Sky Strikers and Dragonmaids have been killing me. Its mostly cobbled together from a bunch of different Dino decklists with a few subs for where I didn't have enough UR dust to craft certain cards.

Anyone have any idea what I should shoot for to craft next or anything I might be missing?

List

MONSTERS - 19
Animadorned Archosaur x2
Babycerasaurus x3
Maxx "C" x3
Petiteranodon x 1
Ash Blossom x 1
Giant Rex x 1
Miscellaneousaurus x 3
Souleating Oviraptor x 2
Dinowrestler Pankrotops x1
Super Conductor Tyranno x2

SPELLS- 19
Raigeki x 1
Harpy's Feather Duster x 1
Monster Reborn x 1 (filler)
Terraforming x 1
Double Evolution Pill x 2
Fossil Dig x 3
Pot of Extravagence x 1 (filler)
Lightning Storm x 1
Lost World x 3
Book of Moon x 1 (filler)
Super Polymerization x 2
Forbidden Chalice x 2

TRAPS- 2
Bottomless Trap Hole x 1 (filler)
Solemn Judgment x 1

EXTRA- 15
Mudragon of the Swamp x 2
Starving Venom Fusion Dragon x 1
Evolzar Laggia x 1
Evolzar Dolkka x 1
Kachi Kochi Dragon x 1 (filler)
Link Spider x 1 (filler)
Linkuriboh x 2
Secure Gardna x 3
Pentestag x 3

I know I probably want more Dolkka/Laggia and Impermanence over some of the filler. And another Linkuriboh if I keep Pot of Extravagence, its screwed me a few times only having 2.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Dryton are an enormous hassle. I can sometimes win if I go second and I can break their board for the OTK with my Tyrannos but its super inconsistent and if they get a turn when they're allowed to attack I just die. Easily my worst matchup of the decks I've fought.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, Plat kinda sucks in terms of try-harding. I did face a mirror dino deck there tonight though which was fun (they won because I hosed up a card interaction :negative:)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Lunalight Tri-Brigade is a thing, its almost entirely Lunalight just stealing some Tri support cards and Link monsters. I've seen it played a few times, no idea how powerful it is.

Haven't really seen them outside of that or acting as Tri-Brigade support tbh.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Bouncing between Gold 1/Plat 5 is super frustrating now that its settled into a morass of Drytron/Tri-Brigade. Jesus give me anything to play against that isn't my opponent playing solitaire for minutes on end.

also Eva is the worst card and whoever designed it should feel bad about themselves

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
As always complaining about it on the internet works, just got a fun run of Thunder Dragon, Cyber Dragon, Fluffal and a mirror Dino opponent which let me get enough wins to climb to the lofty heights of Plat 4.

Now to see if I have enough willpower to grind through all the duels I'll need to to get up to Rank 1 by the end of the month. I would like more gems so I can potentially actually try another deck at some point :negative:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Is it just me or are Prank-Kids real bad? I accidentally just had a duel where I let the opponent draw like 12 cards off Maxx 'C' because I miscounted 300 lifepoints from lethal. With the vast majority of their deck thus in play they ineffectually flailed at me with like 20 cards and still ended up losing on my next turn. They just don't seem to really have a good way to remove high attack monsters and their boss being Fusion summon only is real rough.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Prank Kids can link climb like nothing else and generate resources in the process, and their Fusion boss monster has a quick effect Raigeki that bypasses its self-tribute cost if they have a Meow-Meow in the GY. They're pretty good, easily Tier 2; they do have to summon from Deck though, so maybe they just happened to not have specific Prank Kids in the Deck due to Maxx so their usual line was broken? But based on what you said I'm not sure what's stopping them from just fusing into Battle Butler and clearing your board.

Might have been unfamiliarity with Dinos. I took out the first Battle Butler by using Super Conductor Tyranno to flip it face down which he didn't tribute in response to (Miscellaneousaurus might have also been protecting me there?). The second I negated with a Dolkka and none of his other monsters/removal could deal with the Super Conductor I had left on the field which definitely would have been taken out by literally any kind of removal as I was totally tapped out after Dolkka.

They definitely filled the board up with a bunch of links that couldn't be destroyed by battle/effects but they topped out at like 2500 attack with their field buffs and the Tyranno still had 3k even after the malus.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Considering you only get 2 pulls from each and there's no SR/UR pity mechanic it is complete bullshit that not all cards are available in the 'bonus' packs you get. Like come on, I've gotten gently caress-all from it anyways at least let me feel like I might have a chance of getting something interesting instead of letting them pile up because opening them is almost more effort than they're worth.

I also have no idea what people are doing in this game sometimes. Is there a secret mission to deck yourself out? I have run into 2 duels in Plat where the opponent deliberately set everything up to deck themselves out and lock me out of doing anything :psyduck:

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 9, 2022

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Ardeem posted:

I'd hope that they give more points for doing the right sort of summon than they do for winning and/or ban the other flavors of extra deck monsters.

Yeah, the big issue is Eldlich doesn't need or even really use any extra deck stuff so you can just throw in a bunch of XYZ you never intend to use and roll over people.

Drytrons are also gonna be a menace since they almost exclusively use XYZ and Ritual

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I chose a stupidly expensive deck in terms of URs and literally don't have enough gems/crafting mats to even make a shell of other decks I might be interested in :negative: I have managed to pilot it up to Plat 2 now but I'm getting bored of only playing Dinosaur beatdown.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

Someone suggested to me to start a new account and use what you have learned to go again? Not sure if thats viable for you or not.

I have put way too much time into the game already and thinking about having to re-do all the SP content for stuff feels incredibly :effort:. I'll probably just see if I can grind to Plat 1 to say that I did and bow out for a while until they have some events to get more gems.

I will say once you get through the Plat 5 firewall you're way more likely to see people mostly loving around with fun gimmick decks instead of the endless stream of Eldlich/Drytron/Tri-Brigade and the game is a lot more fun again. Just had someone beat me with a really dumb burn deck and had someone else playing an honest to god Egyptian God card deck which was hilarious.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Early Plat is kind of miserable because its almost exclusively stacked with meta-decks being piloted by flowchart. Once you get past that though you start running into some really weird and fun poo poo.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Finally hit Plat 1 with Dinos. Can definitely recommend if you want to just smash the hell out of some of the meta-decks though it is costly in URs.

Now to figure out what to spend my 3k gems on so I can actually have a second competitive deck.

Decklist for the Dinos

Monsters- 21
Animadorned Archosaur x 2
Babycerasaurs x 3
Maxx "c" x 3 (debating swapping one out for another Ash Blossom)
Petitranadon x 1
Ash Blossom x 1
Giant Rex x 1
Miscellaneousaurus x 3
Souleating Oviraptor x 2
Overtex Qoatlus x 1
Dinowrestler Pankrotops x 1
Ultimate Conductor Tyranno x 2
Nibiru x 1 (might replace this with a Kaiju)

Spells- 15
Raigeki x1
Monster Reborn x 1
Double Evolution Pill x 2
Fossil Dig x 3
Lightning Storm x 1
Lost World x 3
Super Polymerization x 2
Twin Twister x 1

Traps - 4
Infinite Impermanence x 3
Solemn Judgment x 1

Extra -15
Mudragon of the Swamp x 2
Starving Venom Fusion Dragon x 1
Evolzor Laggia x 1
Evolzor Dolkka x 2
Linkuriboh x 2
Secure Gardna x 3 (should replace 1 with some other staple)
Knightmare Cerberus x 1
Knightmare Phoenix x 1
Pentestag x 2 (MVP of the deck)

Weirdly removing the pots and terraforming has made it a hell of a lot more consistent which I wasn't expecting.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I'm the comic relief guy who plays the dinosaur deck to get owned by low level villains of the week before getting 1/2 a duel where I get to actually do something.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Vandar posted:

Do you have DINO DNA?

would I have the RIGHT to play dinosaurs if I didn't???

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dabir posted:

Dinosaurs kinda own now

Yeah, my Dino deck carried me up to Plat 1 pretty easily and has been doing pretty well with some minor tweaks for the XYZ event.

Its just so expensive in terms of URs.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Jaden's superpower is the ability to draw whatever he needs. This is explicitly text within GX and there's a first season episode entirely about how he trains to do it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

I assumed that was every protagonists power. Yugi could do it through the puzzle, Jaden mastered it with the golden eggwich stealing Tarzan boy that could blindly pick the right card through a waterfall.

After GX the protagonists mostly start to get the ability to manifest completely new cards during a duel which takes it a hilarious level beyond.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Survey for their future event ideas:

The big issue with this is that the more restrictive they get with events the fewer people are going to participate. Like if they announced a Spellcaster only event I couldn't really cobble together a deck for it out of what I have and probably wouldn't bother participating based on how crap the loaner decks are and how bad they gut the rewards if you use them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Julias posted:

I still think Tragedy is the most unfortunate one.

What the actual hell.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
What is Sky Strikers win condition? I feel like they always just sort of flail ineffectively but draw the match out forever.

I do run a deck that summons tokens on their field and that really seems to screw them up though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Dinosaurs? Yeah half their cards need their main monster zones to be empty so the field spell kinda messes them up

Yeah, Dinosaurs sort of roll them. I haven't actually lost to a Sky Striker deck.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I have finally made my dumb Synchron deck and it is glorious (except that it is so weak to disruption :negative:)

Still need more URs to be able to craft my final 2 Synchros but it is hilarious as hell. I think my only question is what's a good 8 star generic Synchro I can slot in for when I use my Ascators? Right now I have Stardust in there but uh it isn't really that good.

Decklist if anyone has any other suggestions

Monsters- 26
Jet Synchron x3
Fleur Synchron x2
Dopplwarrior x3
Maxx "C" x3
Caligo Claw Crow x3
Junk Converter x3
Junk Synchron x3
Fire Ant Ascator x1
Ash Blossom x2
Ascator, Dawnwalker x3

Spells- 11
Monster Reborn x1
Raigeki x1
Harpy's Feather Duster x1
Reinforcements of the Army x1
Pot of Avarice x1
Tuning x3
Lightning Storm x1
Called by the Grave x2

Traps- 3
Solemn Judgment x1
Infinite Impermanence x2

Extra-
Formula Synchron (might drop this)
Celestial Double Star Shaman
Martial Metal Marcher
Herald of the Arc Light
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Accel Synchron
Junk Speeder
Brionac
Stardust Charge Warrior
Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon (filler)
Stardust Dragon (filler)
Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
Mist Wurm (filler)
Satellite Warrior

Zore fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 17, 2022

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I'm playing janky as hell aliens and I have no idea why its working at all

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Used the gems from the N/R event to finally build myself a third deck, went with Fluffals this time.

Holy poo poo I love this deck but it absolutely breaks my brain to play it. There's no real clear flowchart, just sort of a vague board-feel and I have lost so many times because of stupid misplays (including once to an Exodia FTK that I absolutely could have stopped :negative:)

Only real issue is that I'm starting to run into 50% burn OTK decks which means its not really fun to play? Might take a break for a while because I am so sick of D.D. Dynamite and Banquet of Millions

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zodack posted:

This might not be the biggest help to you, but if you run only 13 cards in your Extra Deck the bots will concede instantly against you. Friend got to plat from Gold I off two consecutive DD decks scooping once they saw they couldn't FTK.

Oof, yeah I could easily cut like 5 extra deck cards out of my dino deck but Fluffals and my Synchron deck already feel stretched for space there. I'm in Plat 1 already so its not like I need to rank climb, its just annoying when I'm mostly trying to figure out this new deck.

Playing rogue decks is definitely the easiest way to get Plat because so many people don't read cards.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, getting the extra crafting mats is way more important. I only keep shiny cards if they're in a deck I'm actively using or building, everything else gets instantly dismantled.

I still only have 3 decks because of poor crafting and buying choices when I started :negative:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Honestly the thing that annoys me the most is not being able to dismantle the cards you get from Legacy Packs. I have a bunch of cards at 9x, bunch of prismatics and could probably easily afford 2 extra decks if I could just get rid of that crap :argh:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Slight nerf to total gems per month but you can at least choose 3 easy quests to do per day.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure how this is fewer gems per month? 7 quests got 10-30 gem bumps in rewards while 2 got 10 gem nerfs. So you're looking at a consistent 120 gems/day instead of a variable 50-130 gems/day

On average you should be getting a lot more gems per month, especially because you couldn't always force the highest gem reward dailies before due to how much their conditions overlapped with low reward ones.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

serefin99 posted:

I think the assumption is you're constantly rerolling your lowest paying missions to get higher paying ones?

You can reroll missions? I know you can kind of force things by deliberately not completing some missions (ie never do solo duels so those stay on your mission list and force the higher reward ones to also show up) but it seems impossible to completely force only the highest reward missions now because both of the 50 reward ones have lower tier versions you are forced to complete to get them. And some of the other missions are almost impossible not to complete unless you're disconnect fishing for hours so you're looking at a minimum pool of 5 per day of which only 3 missions are the ones you'd actually want which means a guarantee of the 150 days every other day at most.

At least that was my understanding.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

Finally got my Hero deck into a playable state and went into ranked. Actually won a few games despite being incredibly rusty.

That said it's just bronze I'm sure when I get into silver I'll be bludgeoned into submission by Drytons.

Nah, Silver is the domain of people trying to make Blue-Eyes/Dark Magician happen.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Synchro event got announced :toot:

What's a decent deck that doesn't need 10 URs to work

For Synchros?

uh... the cheapest 'okay' ones I know need a ton of them because basically every good tuner/support/synchro monster is already a UR and the non-URs tend to be some hot garbage. More than anything else Synchros really seem to suffer from 'Part of an archetype? +1 rarity for you' which is the only way I can rationalize some of the insane classifications.

Here's what I'm running (just using my normal synchro deck I built for nostalgia). Its middling power and still needs like 9 non-staple URs to function. And that's with me cheaping out and going for subs on some UR Synchros.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 8, 2022

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Does anyone have much experience with the new Synchro support. I've been tweaking my junk/synchron deck to add it in and its definitely made it a bit better but I still feel like its missing... something. I can get a ton of omni-negates out and I'm less vulnerable to destruction but the new boss monsters are kind of a pain to synchro into and I'm wondering if its worth it for them? Also probably need to sub out my level 9 one but I'm totally out of mats and gems :negative: and this seemed like the least bad option.

Also Synchros are the most fun summons to play because the animation is top notch.

Decklist

Monsters- 24

Jet Synchron x2
Omni Dragon Brontasaur x2
Converging Willis Dragon x2
Fleur Synchron x2
Doppelwarrior x2
Maxx "c" x3
Caligo Claw Crow x2
Junk Converter x3
Junk Synchron x3
Ash Blossom x2
Stardust Synchron x2

Spells- 14
Monster Reborn x 1
Premature Burial x1
Reinforcement of the Army x1
One for One x1
Tuning x3
Living Fossil x3
Arrive in Light x1
Called by the Grave x2

Traps- 2
Infinite Impermanence x2 (mostly to get credit for the traps daily, could remove)

Extra- 15

Celestial Double Star Shaman x1
Martial Metal Marcher x1
Herald of the Arc Light x1
T.G. Librarian x1
Accel Synchron x1
Junk Speeder x1
Garden Rose Maiden x1
Stardust Charge Warrior x1
Power Tool Dragon x1
Stardust Dragon x1 (Might ditch for Chaos or another good generic 8)
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon x1
Crystron Phoenix x1 (should probably remove for another lvl 9 card)
Baronne de Fleur x1
Shooting Majestic Star Dragon x1
Cosmic Blazar Dragon x1

The deck is absolutely busting at the seems with cards for the extra deck and its definitely the thing I've seen the most variance in.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Now that the Synchro event and new battlepass have me flush with gems and crafting mats, what's a fun rogue deck to look into making next? So far I have Dinos, Fluffals and some jank Synchrons

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

girl dick energy posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and third Cyber Dragons, but only if you really like big, stompy OTK decks. If not, you might start to get tired of their fairly linear game plan. 'Make big fusion monster, go for OTK'

That is literally the only gameplan any of my decks have :v:

Well, Fluffals have some obnoxious disruption that lets you not go for immediate OTKs but the others run out of gas by like turn 3 at latest.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

AweStriker posted:

I’ve mostly been seeing Speedroids. Are things different in Gold?

(Since I’m using the Speedroid loaner this means I’m seeing a lot of mirrors.)

I've been playing Synchrons with Junk Speeder and haven't hit anyone else at all playing it during the event. Its all Speedroid/True Draco/Adamanicpator ime in Plat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Neat, anyone got a fun Cyber Dragon deck list?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

Glad to see people talking about fusion decks, I too have some gems to burn and was wondering what to make with them. I see Despia, Im not 100% sold on it for some reason though it apparently is good... I never considered Cyber Dragons before now so will go away and look. What other decent options are out there for someone who doesnt know better?

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/top-decks#search=cyber%20d&deck=Cyber%20Dragon

Has a few. Can also turn back the range to check back further.

Fluffals are really fun and a lot stronger than you think. They're also probably the least 'flow-chart' deck I've ever played as there are like a billion permutations and cool things you can do based on their insanely powerful but inconsistent draw.

Also the only deck I've played where even top players are like 'yeah you need 43 cards in the main deck'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

Yeah I have heard Heroes is ridiculously expensive. Ive never seen Fluffals before so will go look it up. From Masterduelmeta the staple cards dont seem too expensive either.

Main deck for Fluffals is super cheap but the extra deck has a bunch of URs unfortunately. Still balances out to average overall and most of them are in a single pack at least.

This is my decklist, only really missing Appolusa which I've subbed in an extra Frightfur fusion for. I'm also probably gonna swap in predaplant now that I've crafted it.

I should also ditch the Imperms for Droplet but I like being able to complete the 'play traps' daily

Zore fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 13, 2022