Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

If Deck Masters is actually gonna be a format I can't imagine it not having a curated list of "hero" cards to choose from instead of being a total free for all. Basically Hearthstone but with Yugioh cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm playing a U.A. deck currently, and it's been... surprisingly quite good for how cheap it is? Managed to climb up steadily to Gold 4 so far at least. The Deck has very few URs and practically no Extra Deck required, which is nice since I'm saving up for a HERO deck.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I just jumped from Gold 4 to Platinum 5 :psyduck:

girl dick energy posted:

What's the F2P experience like? Doable, or am I going to be transplanting my old Duel Links gacha addiction?

You get a ton of gems upfront and you can craft cards, so if you're smart and not horribly unlucky you should be able to make one good deck easily enough.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Finished my HERO deck :toot: This took 42 bucks but I definitely could've gotten it for free if I didn't, uh, craft 3 Nibirus for reasons. Still way cheaper than paper regardless.

Well, another Dark Law and 2 more Droplets and/or Ash is probably "optimal" but for now this is already more than playable and I'm happy.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Floodgates Eldlich is a blight

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Who says HEROes aren't good :toot:

I did get a pretty lucky winstreak to the top but considering I had to go second over 10 times in a row the other day I'd say it balances out

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I've never had a streak this stupidly high even while climbing :psyduck:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So unlike Hearthstone, you can still demote from the highest rank. I lost 5 times in a row and got demoted to Plat 2 (got back to 1 easily enough thankfully, not that it matters for anything once you claimed the rewards). This was despite having had a very long winstreak beforehand so it seems there's no buffer system or anything.

girl dick energy posted:

Master_Duel.txt
:hmmyes:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm very tempted to put the Water Kaiju in my Hero deck to tribute away problem cards, plus it can also double as material for Absolute Zero

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Tangent topic, but Droll could actually be pretty good for maindeck if Eldlich isn't a dominant part of the ladder right now. The other top meta decks ie. Lyrilusc/Tri, Drytron, and Virtual World all don't like getting Droll'd.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

That second deck sounds a lot like Dark World, an archetype that revolves around monsters who have additional effects on discard. It's an old archetype though and I don't think they're very good nowadays.

As for the first one, what do you mean by playing on the opponent's turn exactly? Trap-heavy decks will mostly be playing on the opponent's turn if that counts, and Eldlich is the face of Trap decks right now (and is one of the best decks around)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So if you say got demoted from Plat to Gold V in the new season, you don't get any rewards from Rookie to Silver. And since your demotion is apparently based on your "final rank", you're better off just conceding to Bronze at the end of the season so you can get the rank up rewards again? Not to mention, since you can't de-rank from Plat 1 anymore, you're effectively encouraged to never reach Plat 1? Konami what :psyduck:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Seems like theyre going to fix it.

Figured they would nip this in the bud. Well, as long as players get rewards from the lower tiers it's all the same in the end.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Eldlich has a fusion monster but it's kind of unnecessary for the deck's gameplan. I've seen it played here and there but it's considered to be a meme more than anything

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

On the bright(?) side once you craft your Ashes, Maxxes, Imperms etc etc you can splash them into future decks for a very long time.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Got to Plat 1 again :toot: Was stuck in Plat 3 for a little bit but had a good 8-win streak all the way to 1.

This poor Dragonmaid player was the penultimate fight:

Mudragon can't be targeted by card effects, so Dinomischus had to banish their own Kitchen, then they chained Tidying to bounce her back to "save" her, but Tidying still can't bounce Mudragon... so they had to return my Shadow Mist from GY to my hand instead. They scooped very quickly after. :haw:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

It's not actually my real name so it's cool :v:

The deck's kind of prone to bricking, but most games last 2 turns at most (Heroes can pull OTKs out of their rear end and Dark Law/Plasma can be an auto-win) which is nice for laddering.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The best counter to Drytron is going first :v: But yeah Kaijus are good against pretty much any of the tryhard meta decks (Eldlich a bit less so but bypassing Eldlich's destruction protection and turning off Conq/Huaq's secondary effect can be nice)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its w

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Prank Kids can link climb like nothing else and generate resources in the process, and their Fusion boss monster has a quick effect Raigeki that bypasses its self-tribute cost if they have a Meow-Meow in the GY. They're pretty good, easily Tier 2; they do have to summon from Deck though, so maybe they just happened to not have specific Prank Kids in the Deck due to Maxx so their usual line was broken? But based on what you said I'm not sure what's stopping them from just fusing into Battle Butler and clearing your board.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Get hosed Skill Drain :getin:

Since Stratos wasn't on the field anymore to being Tributed for Increase's effect, the S/T destruction effect went through. I went on to OTK them this turn :cool:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Realistically all of these Extra Deck-specific events are just gonna be flooded by Eldlich

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I sure love it when the Demise Ritual AI opponent summons a 3000 ATK beatstick that your loaner deck has zero ways to out

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The two most commonly used generic Super Poly targets are Mudragon of the Swamp, which requires any 2 monsters with the same Attribute but different Types, and Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, which requires any 2 Dark effect monsters (on the field, but Super Poly can only be used with monsters on the field anyway.)

Shaddolls, Invoked, and HEROes also have a number of generic Fusions that require any monster of their archetype + a specific Attribute monster. (El Shaddoll Construct requires a Shaddoll monster and a Light monster, for example)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm also using a selFTK deck and still somehow won 6 of my last 20 games, because there are that many people with the same idea around :lol:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Great change. I do wonder if they had already planned to do this all along, though, since getting 20k points with 100 points per win would be painfully slow. Not to mention if people figured out the exploit within an hour of the event start, the game designers surely must have realized it as well.

If the points disparity between winning and losing was that big at the start people might complain that the event is P2W and forces you to make a meta deck or such, but now they've demonstrated that the alternative is not workable. Either way it was the right move.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm more impressed at Jaden's ability to somehow fan his whole deck with one hand

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Kinda interested in seeing how a highlander format would work for YGO

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The game also reached top 10 in terms of hours played on Steam within its first month or something, it's insane.

I really didn't expect it to be this popular either, but given that Yugioh is practically pop culture maybe it's not that surprising.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Give me my Stratos pet Konami, I saw him in the trailer

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

In fairness the difference between non-targeting and targeting effects is incredibly unintuitive. Why is "target 1 card, banish it" different from "you can banish 1 card"? Because the game says so, gently caress you

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I just don't like that Zeus has such a piss easy summoning requirement for how strong it is, plus it conspicuously lacks any once per turn restrictions when it's pretty much on every modern card. It may not be the most broken card in the game right now, but it's obviously a really lazy design.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Skios posted:

So apparently Konami decided that rather than program in proper side decking functionality, they're just going to let you use your whole collection as a side deck.

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Are they loving insane there's no way this will work in any fair manner

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Reportedly you get better random gem drops at higher ranks though

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Zore posted:

What is Sky Strikers win condition? I feel like they always just sort of flail ineffectively but draw the match out forever.

I do run a deck that summons tokens on their field and that really seems to screw them up though.

Dinosaurs? Yeah half their cards need their main monster zones to be empty so the field spell kinda messes them up

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Wait until you see the Yugi vs Atem loaner

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So this is what it feels like to play a good deck

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Verte ban in MD now so Heroes would immediately an effective monopoly on DPE :getin:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Pure True Draco.

Yeah, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Dabir posted:

Jesus, you lot weren't kidding about the dark magician loaner deck. Unmitigated dogshit.

Wait until you see the Silent-Gadget-Magnet abomination