Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Ugh, I'd sworn off playing Master Duel outside of Solo Mode whenever it updated, just hanging out with my old man Dark Magician deck, but drat it all, I recently learned about Nouvelles, and you know I had to show up for my boy Hungry Burger. Wound up also making a Rescue-ACE deck the moment I saw them because obviously.

Anyway I completely chump rolled a Kashtira-Tearlaments deck with my Nouvelle cuisine, got to watch Kashtira Shangri-La get chomped by Baelgrille, and even got off the Hungry Burger summon for extra style points. I'm just really jazzed about that and wanted to share. :kimchi:

I made the replay public if anyone wants to watch some meta bullshit get wrecked by Hungry Burger (I also have a replay from a couple years back where I ran into a Floowandereeze player with my Dark Magician deck and Actually Became Yugi, which made sitting through them spending literally over twenty minutes just tediously playing cards actually worth it, since I got to deposit all that work right into a dumpster in like thirty seconds). I made a few misplays you can make fun of, too (I could have waited to summon Hungry Burger, I definitely had no idea who to banish with Called by the Grave when they went for a graveyard summon, and something prevented Buerillabaise from triggering off of Staff Recipe, please let me know if you can figure out what it was). Anyway I hope it's entertaining, anyone who decides to watch!

ID: 128-934-843

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

ChaosArgate posted:

The first four Nouvelles courses are worded as “When” triggers, so they are optional and thus, priority passes to your opponent if you try to be proactive about firing off their effects so they have the option to respond and if they do, you have missed the timing and no longer have a window to bring out the next dish. It’s really annoying!

Ahhh, that'd do it. Gotta love the "missing the timing" rule. One wonders why I ever play other card games with such fine design at work.

Seriously, they clearly intended you to self-trigger their effects the same way a lot of Blue-Eyes support is designed around targeting Maiden with Eyes of Blue, why would they allow for you to miss the timing? Like, one might argue that balance is involved (though, this is Yu-Gi-Oh, so we all know that's a fatuous argument from the get-go), but it's the stronger decks that are going to have responses to begin with so missing the timing just feels like insult to injury.

By the way, is it just me or does it seem like Nouvelles are kind of incomplete? The dude from the other half of the backrow doesn't have a monster card, and it seems odd for there to be only one Patissciel monster, not to mention the lack of archetypal fusion (though nobody's ever gonna be fusion summoning Courveture). I'm guessing that the next wave of support will include the other guy and possibly a level 4 Pendulum Fusion Patissciel as a counterpart (level 4 so that together they total 6, like the other pair), along with a "Dessert Recipe" fusion spell that goes into non-Pendulum Patissciel Fusions. Gonna predict that the fusion spell will include some means for shuffling cards back into the deck, and that one of the fusion monsters will get some sort of benefit from using Hungry Burger as material.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Rest in Piss, Baronne De Fleur, I will be sure to bring my dancing shoes when I visit your grave.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

Hey so how do I deal with Mikanko? I've read to just pass the turn but that seems incredibly risky going first. Just non-targeted removal? If so what?

Edit: Maybe I'll save and craft lightning storm and join everyone else. Swear I've seen a sudden surge in that card recently.

Play Nouvelles and eat them. :chef:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

Oh yes I know all too well how fragile my favorite deck is.

I share your pain, Dark Magician was my primary deck until I discovered Nouvelles and Rescue-ACE, which also get crushed under the inexorable weight of The Meta but sometimes you get to tribute a Kashtearlament player's entire board twice and they scoop and it feels so good. :burger:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

EDIT: Never mind, was responding to previous post.