Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mecha Phantom Beasts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My issue with Cipher is they should have translated it all as Kinetic and let Kinetic Soldier keep its Kinetic name Kinetic. Physical, so contrasts with Real Kite's light dragons.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Brilliant Fusion thins by 2 though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What you want to do is post a really blurry image of the cards stacked over each other in such a way that we can't see the text or the art and have to guess what they are based on the slivers of colour we can see.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

might want to turn global chat off

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Can't tell you cause that link just redirects to the Duel Links homepage.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've been having fun with the event. So far I've run up against a couple of people using the loaner decks, one no-poo poo Empty Jar in TYOOP 3022, one playing Toons... I'm just kinda clowning on them with utopia. Utopia Double can win a surprising amount of games.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm a big fan of how they set up the solo mode. There's a fair bit of teeth pulling frustration with awful loaner decks (looking at the gem-knights track), but on the other hand it introduced me to Megaliths and I think I'm a little bit in love.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuH5V6j_mm8
Wasn't expecting this so soon after the Kuriboh video.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I really hated the solo mode track for them, cause those loaner decks they give you in the back half just do not work. But in the shower the next day I kept thinking about them and what they did and how maybe they could work, and I realised I wasn't going to be able to get them out of my head until I sat down and got them working properly. I'm sure I still have a lot to learn about them, but just from what I've figured out I'm doing ok in Gold ranked. My biggest issue so far is learning when to finish tutoring and just go in for the double Phaleg kill.

E: Also Phul is the coolest ritual summoning card I've ever seen. Retrieves from grave, modulates its own level, ritual summons from your deck, as a quick effect... Pooping out Bethor in the middle of your opponent's turn and clearing their field when they're about to go for their big play is shockingly potent.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

AweStriker posted:

Megaliths are cool but I have trouble with overassociation because the Mother Corps from PSO2 are also named after the Olympian spirits

That just made me like them more tbh.

God, this loving Karakuri/Ninja solo loaner deck. None of the good Karakuri, none of the good Ninjas. Not even an Anatomy or the ninjutsu art draw card?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

This is good, 100 medals a win is like 200 to get the best rewards and i aint grinding that out

40 is far more doable

You say that, but there's no more xyz packs after 3000 and gem rewards drop off hard after 3200.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Also you can make a viable deck for this with three copies of the re-contract universe structure deck and a little extra tweaking to taste. It's really not that hard to get stuck in if you didn't have an xyz based deck put together already.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Every game I win by just making utopia double and running over whatever they left on board because they didn't account for a 10k+ monster streamrolling them makes me feel really cool but like kind of a scumbag, cause it's just so easy. Scumbag feelings increase in direct proportion to the number of ZWs I put on utopia before I go in swinging.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dinosaurs kinda own now

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Goats teledad format right?

Nah, goat control is like, 2006? 2004? When Metamorphosis was legal.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

In fairness the difference between non-targeting and targeting effects is incredibly unintuitive. Why is "target 1 card, banish it" different from "you can banish 1 card"? Because the game says so, gently caress you

The important part is usually about when you make the decision. If it targets, that gives your opponent a chance to respond based on what you're definitely aiming for, like they can get whatever it is out of the way and the effect will fizzle. Non-targeting means it's definitely hitting *something* if it's not negated, and whatever's in the way when it does is going to eat the effect. It makes perfect sense for mass removal like Mirror Force or cards that pick their own victims like Smashing Ground or Hammer Shot, it just gets weird and unintuitive when we have things that only decide what they hit on resolution, but also let you pick what they hit.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 24, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well, they're cheating. I think pretty much anything is on the table.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You'll take my prismatic zeus from me over my cold, dead - wait, prismatics basically give you a full refund on crafting them. Never mind, carry on.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mean, if your out involves putting one or more monsters on the field and using a spell speed 1 effect, Zeus is a bit of a lockout.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mean, you could think of it like tagging out characters in a fighting game? I guess? But that's definitely giving too much credit.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You always have to lead with the same deck, but games 2 and 3 are chaos

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAMMEPYHSZ8
Pretty happy with how I sequenced my plays in this game. I was really carried by Shinobaron Peacock, though. When I saw what I was up against, I was reading those monster effects and thinking about how many potential times they could throw that counter trap at me in one turn and I knew I had to get Baron on field immediately.

E: Although looking back and checking the effects again, the counter could only come out once, and they misplayed badly by playing Fiendish Deal behind Kidbrave, revealing they had no other magical muskets in hand, instead of Caspar, which would have got them a search. Still, only in Silver here.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 3, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They've already been using find-replace. Check out how the qliphort story mentions "The A. Forces".

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mean gently caress, no time was allotted to figuring out whether the solo themes were any fun to begin with. Dinomist? Seriously? Normally the optional back half of the gates is where you run into trouble cause the two decks they mash up just don't work together, but for Dinomist that just meant you had half of a better deck to carry you. Like Zefra. How sad is it that Zefra got to carry something? Dinomist just doesn't loving do anything.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

God I was just thinking about it, Gem -Knights are Genex 2.0 aren't they. Zefra is their third attempt, World Legacy is their fourth. Who at Konami is obsessed with the idea of taking a bunch of support cards for otherwise mechanically unrelated archetypes and glueing them together?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gem-knights are a deck based on combining their own monsters with other ones of specific types/attributes more commonly found in other decks that they're connected to by lore. They're Genex.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No you can run pure GEm-Knights and cover every single type and attribute you need for every fusion.

Like they have pyros and thunder and aqua etc in their own archetype.

You can also do this with Genex. They might be E-heroes 2.0, but they're also Genex 2.0. Their fusion monsters even all have the thing you're supposed to fuse them with in their art.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You might like Dragonmaids or U.A.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What's a good synchro deck that's not too hard to get into in master duel? I figure I should start planning ahead in case they do run that synchro event.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I forgot about Karakuri. I thought I was getting the hang of them in the solo gate, so I might give them a try for real.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Record it with OBS or Nvidia's built in thing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Witchcrafters are some fuckin bullshit

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I feel like I should cut this down a bit, and I'm really struggling to, like, mentally articulate what my combos are. Any thoughts?

Amano-Iwato is there to turn Shinobaroness into a kind-of Magician of Black Chaos MAX replacement, since we don't have that three year old card in Master Duel for some reason.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vandar posted:

It's not in the game because it has Takahashi art and there's a bunch of stuff going on about him not letting cards with his art out of Japan anymore.

Fucks sake

Are they still arguing about magi magi magician gal's cleavage or

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hang on, it WAS released in the west. In the same set as BEAUD and a bunch of others.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, Natasha should work. Bagooska negates effects of monsters that were in Defense when that effect was activated, and Natasha is in the GY when it activates.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiieT9sKwd4
Blew up their Torrential, got Torrentialed anyway, but Vespenato and Block Dragon are good cards so doesn't matter lol. I checked their deck afterwards, they had two TTs and drew both turn 1.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah they did. It sounds better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Some of the censored art looks better tbh. Ring of Destruction is way cooler when it's a wheel of fire that blows up for no reason instead of a necklace of realistic frag grenades