Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I think I have a solution to this problem, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

Edit: I've found a bit of a compromise when I know I'm sunk by normal summoning something stupid, blowing up my own cards, crashing into the opponent with obviously suicidal useless plays, etc. Sometimes I can go full seppuku and defeat myself by crashing Veiler into Eldlich or whatever, but even when I can't, it usually gets the point across of "you win, please kill me."

I had someone take themselves out on my Kagari last night that way, totally valid imho

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

If they do eventually introduce alternative formats to Master Duel, one that would be a fun one is a "simple" format where the card pool is heavily curated to focus on relatively simple playstyles

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/february-01-2022/master-duel-datamines

e: lol i guess eldlich can work for all of these except vintage

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Does eldlich not play an extra deck? Unfamiliar with the deck as the only zombies i love are skull servants

Depends how you do it I guess, I've only used it on Eldlich for Pot of Extravagance

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

How in the ever loving gently caress are you meant to beat Krawler Outbreak with the loaner deck? This is the worst poo poo in the world.

e: apparently it's complain on the internet until you get world chalice discovery and monster reborn

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 10, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Generally speaking, what sky striker should I be bringing out if I go first? I mostly use Hayate if I go second

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Regardless of whether you're going first or second you almost always want to make Shizuku last so you can search a card in the end phase (Engage if possible). But that doesn't stop you from making Hayate for the battle phase and Kagari to get a card back first. You aren't really choosing between your mechs, you're summoning every one that's useful, using its effect then making another one.

Oh, well I guess that makes sense then.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I complete forgot spell speed was a thing

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The absolute worst thing I have had happen in this game is that my initial hand was all spells, the first turn the other guy spent five entire minutes cycling danger cards to the point where he ended the turn with 18 left in the deck and then played Eradicator Epidemic as soon as my turn started, leaving me with literally nothing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

this event is beans, it's either people blowing themselves up like Cell or just taking 10 minutes per turn to summon galaxy dragon, and the decks I was going to use are forbidden anyway so I can't do poo poo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

AweStriker posted:

Megaliths are cool but I have trouble with overassociation because the Mother Corps from PSO2 are also named after the Olympian spirits

I'd like it if I heard "playa" everytime I slammed down a Bethor tbh

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I was wondering why I suddenly got like five rewards for winning just now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hopefully next they make you not only earn half as much for using a loaner because lmao it is not worth the gem/UR point investment to make niche-rear end decks specifically for these events.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The event is basically Fandaniel turning to the camera and saying "Remember how I said I wanted to die? I meant it" and then playing Performapal Popperup

It's pretty good for clearing the rest of the battle pass though (because ranked sends my nerves on edge so I'm still silver)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Julias posted:

It was always my headcanon that in dm and gx that fusion cards didn't physically exist, and that you just had to know that arbitrarily fusing certain cards would give you a theoretical monster.

That's more or less how it worked in Forbidden Memories anyway :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The loaner decks are complete rear end that can be outplayed by gently caress, I dunno, Outstanding Dog Marron and you get punished heavily in the rewards department for using them because they want you to spend a truckload of gems on niche decks with banlists they don't preannounce

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It is definitely weird how little the cosmetic shop has (so far) considering it's Konami.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

where's the hungry burger support, konambo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

please, it's fighting foodans

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJvzCbJCJ8

what the nuts

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

i'm the double zeus flex

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Presumably if you're bypassing deck restrictions anyway the world is your oyster

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/MBTYuGiOh/status/1499276553431265283

lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah YGO is definitely a game where almost always, having more cards in your hand is a good thing. It's a lot different to like, Pokemon or Shadowverse where you're hard limited by amount of cards you can play per turn or card costs or hand size limits.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

This is still my favourite example

God I have no idea what they thought they were doing with that, going from "what are you chucklefucks up to ha ha" to "oh god what are you doing"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Julias posted:

I still think Tragedy is the most unfortunate one.

Oh ...no....

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah I can't at all fault him for being pissed about that stuff.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's nice that we get the forbidden list in advance this time

but also lmao rip shooting yourself in the face

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The worst part of this game is waiting twenty minutes between actions for the Blue Eyes chucklefuck on the other end to flick through their youtube supplied flowchart to decide what they want to do

also gently caress me every time I try and play pendulums they get instantly feather dusted or lightning stormed and I go whimpering back to skystrikers like an rear end in a top hat

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I don't know but for whatever reason the decks that take the longest time to decide on chains or just turns in general is always Blue Eyes and they always play like two cards in that huge amount of time.

I'm stuck in bronze and getting completely styled on tonight and it sucks rear end

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lunalights, Skystrikers, Trickstars. One of those nights where it didn't matter what I did, they always drew better and had answers. Maybe I'll just tell myself they were smurfing so I feel less frustrated, I dunno. Just sucks when you have that many games in a row where you feel completely unable to do anything.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sounds like you under estimate the power of a rough starting hand and my own inability

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's normally fine and it was only six games that I played tonight (due to turn lengths), but when my starting hand is like, Ash Blossom, Blackwing, Book of Moon, Forb. Chalice and Blue Cat there's not a lot I can do against Samurai Sunsaga except briefly confuse him by boosting his ATK and preventing one turn of his effects, you know? Or getting shutdown entirely by a surprisingly early Thunder Dragon Colossus.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

In any case there was a glorious upside to this - the random replay I watched was someone going up against a copy of Dotodoya's ridiculous "are you feeling lucky" deck that lasted a full 60 turns of stupidity and it was hilarious.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Book of Moon can be a reasonable swap if you don't have UR staples. Although IDK how you brick regularly with Sky Strikers, you have 6 copies of your starter and can also potentially get to it with your field spell or Roze/Hornet Drones.

Oh gently caress I keep forgetting to correct myself - I didn't play strikers tonight, sorry (head's a bit fogged). I was trying not to just go back to it because even though I like it sometimes it feels bad to play something fairly high up in the meta and I wanted to try other things that looked neat.

Book of Moon and stuff is in that Lunalights deck because..yeah UR poo poo is prohibitively expensive, especially when you're just trying to see how an archetype works and if you'd like it. That one copy of Blue Cat is just in there to be 40 cards.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Being able to bring Marincess Wave back every turn with Marbled Rock is some real poo poo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I have a single prismatic and it's uhh

Reasoning

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YDz9NLwpjg

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mix. posted:

i think the biggest thing i still trip up on sometimes is the fact that yugioh doesn't mulligan :psyduck:

I definitely miss that when I bounce between YGO and Shadowverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I've been horsing around with both LOTD and Tag Force 5 and man does the presentation and polish of Tag Force put everything about LOTD's 'built on a cracked copy of macromedia flash' self to shame