Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Last night, I couldn't sleep. I had been reading my copy of the latest update of Perfect Draw, the Card Game Anime Tabletop RPG. For some reason, my mind went to the Virtual World Arc of Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters. I googled quickly and found out no one ever made any official or unofficial formats for it.

As I laid sleepless in bed, as I so often do, I decided to pull out my phone and begin writing up my idea of how one could make it work.

The crux of the matter is the creation of a new type of card: Deck Master. Deck Master Cards are kept in the Deck Master Deck. You pick one card from the Deck Master Deck when Preparing the Duel and then remove the rest of the Deck from play. The Deck Master Card is then placed in the Deck Master Zone, which sits behind the Spell/Trap Zone. As long as the Deck Master is there, it is considered not in the Field or in your hand and thus cannot be targeted by a Card. However, it can use it's Deck Master Effect, either on your Main Phase of when a trigger occurs. It cannot use it's Field Effect unless it "invades" the Field and moves into a Monster Zone. As it is an invasion and not a summoning, it cannot be interrupted unless a card effect specifically targets invasion actions.

That's the five minute version, but I expound on it and a few other situations that can arise in the Rules Pamphlet. I also go further and include some samples of how I think the cards may look using https://www.cardmaker.net/yugioh/ . Though, I do admit that without being able to bold some text, it can be a little hard to read.

If you wish to take a deeper look at the format, that a look her: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1apQ6ZP2Lq4Cb_hnt4hBkE8SgzFZCUlwi?usp=drive_link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU