Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I appreciate that action comedy not based on any IP or franchise is a thing again but I also feel like The Fall Guy would work better with the same central concept, a stunt double has to hunt down the star he's doubling in the Hollywood underworld, would work better as a neo-noir thriller.

The Fall Guy is based on an IP: The 80s TV series with Lee Majors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

garycoleisgod posted:

The Fall Guy is out in Australia already and I gave it a watch, and ehhh, to be honest if Hobbs & Shaw didn't exist, this is easily David Leitch's worst movie.

I knew from the trailers there was something off about the relationship / romance.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Rascar Capac posted:

The Fall Guy is based on an IP: The 80s TV series with Lee Majors.

Woah

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I saw Lee Majors in a film the other day: the very bad 2022 renegades about old SAS guys fighting...australian gangsters in London? Anyway, it's spectacularly inept on literally every level and kind of worth watching on that basis. You can tell exactly what kind of film they wanted to make and they fail at every single turn. It's not so bad it's good, but it is interesting to see such an amazingly poorly made film

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Watching Jackie Chan's Miracles for the first time (it's on Max and Criterion) and just losing my poo poo during the first really big fight scene at the rival gang's base. Just gonna have a huge grin for the entirety of this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmYvleesq-Q&t=140s

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
While it doesn't reach the heights of The Man From Hong Kong or Dead End Drive In, Brian Trenchard Smith's Deathcheaters is a watchable bit of Australian kitsch about stuntmen roped into an action movie plot.

Also, the first feature credit for cinematographer John Seale (The Hitcher, Fury Road, Rain Man, The Talented Mr Ripley, a bunch of early Peter Weir movies).

High Warlord Zog fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 27, 2024

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Watching Jackie Chan's Miracles for the first time (it's on Max and Criterion) and just losing my poo poo during the first really big fight scene at the rival gang's base. Just gonna have a huge grin for the entirety of this movie.

Miracles is actually an incredibly sweet film to boot. It's like a magical rom com that also explodes into an elite tier fight scene every thirty minutes or so.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

High Warlord Zog posted:

While it doesn't reach the heights of The Man From Hong Kong or Dead End Drive In, Brian Trenchard Smith's Deathcheaters is a watchable bit of Australian kitsch about stuntmen roped into an action movie plot.

I haven't seen that one yet, but I will. Trenchard Smith has had a fun career. He made a pretty good Vietnam movie called Siege of Firebase Gloria in the 80s and a pretty bad but entertaining remake of the old Bogart movie Sahara starring Jim Belushi of all people in the 90s. About ten years ago he made a fun hangout/crime movie called Hard Drive or Drive Hard with John Cusack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I've shown the YouTube of the rope factory fight to many, many people, as an example of creativity and comedy in action that we simply don't get much of in the last few decades.