Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Honestly didn't hate the Momoa Conan movie. It's lacking, but not utterly dire. Like the last Witch Hunter which is just Vin being himself but with a sword and trying to style on everyone.

Also surprised no one has even mentioned Babylon AD when it comes to Vin Diesel movies. Now that one was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

(there's only one, shut up)

The second one is fine if you view it as a D&D campaign.
Now Red Sonja otoh, now that one is a real snoozefest.

Snowman_McK posted:

Babylon AD has a good soundtrack and the scenes where Diesel's character is surprisingly good at cooking. There is literally nothing else memorable or good about them.

All I remember is that I once saw it, and there maybe was some slow down parts with Vin narrating.
(As was in style at the time.)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

To tie the knot together topically it's nice that Bautista isn't just taking the Disney money and is more or less content with that, unlike Vin.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

High Warlord Zog posted:

The Hidden (1987). Just a really solid little action/horror/buddy-cop hybrid. Kyle MacLachaln is proto Agent Dale Cooper as one half of the detective team. The baddie is a very goopy body jacking space bug that lives life like a particularly reckless and sadistic Grand Theft Auto player.

That reminds me of Split Second from 92 with Rutger Hauer in the lead as a grizzled cop on the chase of a serial killer. Has Kim Catrall and even Pete Postlethwaite in it.
The funniest thing is that I discovered that there are multiple versions of the plot reveal. In the main version the monster is straight up demonic nature, while in the other it's a creation of some bio horror as I recall.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMuhwVlca4
First trailer for Furiosa is finally out and gently caress yes, I can't wait to see this one.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Huojis posted:

Watched Cyborg last night

All I can really remember of it is all the screaming in the rain.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I remember watching Lionheart a while back during a minor JCVD binge and thinking it just wanted to be Bloodsport. I'd say 3/5 is a good score for it, very middle of the line movie that lacks something silly like him playing twins.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Watched it this week, partly because I had nothing better to do, and the thread was recommending it heartily. Very good overall. Even if felt like it was dragging its feet a bit in the middle when it remembered there should be a plot.
Not to mention very 80's hair at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Martman posted:

I do think it kinda drags in the second half; seeing the progress of the bar as Dalton fixes it up is just so engaging and I dunno, I feel like it shouldn't get sidelined so hard.

Yeah that's pretty much my take too. It was kind of weird it was trying to build something with one of the waitresses and then she shows up on stage once to sing and then she more or less disappears.

In hindsight I also realised how white the movie was.