Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
ok this is like my first time in CD and this thread is basically why I came here (after watching Savage Dog :hellyeah: ) and I'll catch up to the 140 pages I swear :P

Lately I've been on a Scott Adkins binge - did like half his movies a year ago, then just did the rest (minus iP man 5 or whatever, as i haven't seen the previous ones, which will be my next marathon binge).

but my question mainly is there any good documentaries or youtubes on choreographed fights. I'm really curious now with how "worked" these punches/kicks - like I get they're pulling their punches (much like wrestling) but it looks legit, and without "Hollywood" money, not like they're going to be spending it on cgi (or maybe they do) I see a bunch of Stunt People documentaries, but I'm more looking on the choreographed fight stuff (ie. The Raid / Straight to DVD? type budgets, and not blockbusters unless its much the same).

Scott Adkins & Iko Uwais are like my cocaine when it comes to Action movies. I just can't believe how much of a letdown Triple Threat was :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Martial artists and stunt guy Tim Man has been busy making a (2 minute) movie and it's :allears:

https://youtu.be/aJHgGdkmrU4

ok yea this thread is exactly my poo poo if this is anything to go by

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

You literally just made my day/weekend.

What are his top 5 btw, just wanna make sure I've seen em - I'm pretty sure I've seen all but a few bit part ones or unable to track down earlier stuff

and yea just looked up the Boyka kick that makes perfect sense.

How loving talented at his craft is Scott Adkins, I don't care what anyone says about his movies/acting - dude is like one of the most talented people on the planet to be able to do that stuff. That's why I love when anything new comes out with him, I know I'm going to see at least some crazy poo poo being done with the human body. Which reminds me I still got Jarhead 3 or whatever - not expecting much but he's in it.

vvv hell yeah, put Adkins in the John Wick universe :swoon:

Hirez fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 12, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

ok im so glad I'm not insane like all my idiot friends who don't appreciate Scott Adkins. Goons truly are the best of friends

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Scott Adkins is the best and I'm glad I brought him up a few pages ago, all his youtubes are great.

here's his top5 btw - Still haven't seen Universal Soldier; since I hadn't seen the original, will double-header them tonight.

#1 -Avengement
#2 - Undisputed III: Redemption
#3 - Accident Man
#4 - Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning
#5 - Ninja: Shadow of a Tear

I agree with Avengement; it was the first movie of his that I "got" Scott Adkins - those prison scenes were loving brutal and his story telling in the bar was great acting. Hell yeah just found out Legacy of Lies is out now too

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

jase1 posted:

Im making my way through all of Scott Adkins stuff and Savage Dog is top tier. I feel like its an 80s JVD or Stallone type film so its giving great nostalgia vibes.

yea, when I started the Scott Adkins derail it was right after watching Savage Dog. What a great little movie. If you haven't check out Avengement; was one of the earlier ones I saw and it's basically what got me hooked on the Adkins diet.

Taintrunner posted:

The second is more grounded and a huge step up in production values but it's a fantastic movie centered around the King of the Weebs going on an international rear end kicking tour.
Completely agreed, I watched back to back, both are well films, but the first one is a lot "sloppier" - The second one is just fantastic all the way around.

It reminded me a little bit of The Foreigner (with Jackie Chan) which imo was one of the best action movies of the past few years.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 24, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Taintrunner posted:

edit2: finally finishing Avengement

Lucky... wasn't it so good?!

Also just finished Legacy of Lies. Good movie overall, one of his better ones - it helped going in totally blank (as I always try to do) after just finding out it existed/was out.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

jase1 posted:

Give me Scott Adkins fighting dudes in prison all day please. Just finished Avengement and what a ride.

Just finished The Debt Collecters (2) and same. I was dying at the Conversation about Ninja. God I love me some Adkins. Was never really into the straight-to-dvd action movie fan until I marathoned as much Adkins as I could a year or so back.

Who are the other big "straight to dvd" action stars that have "good" movies now that I've pretty much run through the Adkins catalog. Michael Jai White/Mario Van Peebles (still maybe?) are ones I can think of that I haven't seen any movies they lead. Any recommendations? (or any other actors/movies - Huge into Iko Uwais/The Raid guys so seen pretty much all movies connected to those). If it has a series, I'm all for it too - really liked the Sniper Octology for example (lol)

e: drat the next Adkins movie (with Peebles) sounds like it's going to be a wild ride

Seized: A former special forces agent's son is kidnapped and must now wipe out three dangerous crime syndicates, if he wants to see his son alive again.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 31, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

drat didn't realize he was Scorpion in S.W.A.T.: Under Siege (which I just watched the other day). I like him. and yea, I don't really mean the old dudes like Segal (who always sucked except in Executive Decision :hellyeah: rip fucker), and Dolph who was okay but could never carry imo. Hmm I haven't seen as much of the recent JCVD as I thought, just the Kickboxer reboot stuff - is any of his post 2010 stuff good? Pound of Flesh sounds interesting

e: gently caress how did I miss Assassination Games with JVCD vs Scott Adkins some how - now I know what's next,

e2: Assassination Games was loving awesome.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 2, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

excellent. I'm pretty new to the "genre" so I probably haven't seen it if it doesn't have an "A-lister " in it (or Scott Adkins) so any and all recommendations are welcome.

In The Blood sounds excellent as a huge Carano fan - with bonus Danny Trejo :hellyeah: (which leads me to Blood and Bone with Michael Jai White and Gina Carano - bit part or not, I like how all these B-listers kind of link together in a 1 degrees from Scott Adkins kind of feel)

vvv saw all those recently cept I Am Vengeance (so now I'll have to watch the 1st one and that, thanks!), we must have the same netflix recommendations trail - I'd add Maria to the list which I thought was excellent.

also saw this Redeemer recently which might be one of my favorite movies of this genre - god drat this guy rules (who was in Savage Dog with Scott Adkins!)

Hirez fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 31, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Gerard Butler is a terrible action star - other than Hunter Killer (which kicks rear end), all of his movies loving blow (maybe one of the first 2 fallen were okay, I forget - but 3 was abysmal - lol at nick nolte's entire forest setup with bombs and poo poo, gently caress that poo poo was terrible) - I don't know, maybe it's just me and I just can't stand the actor. Guy needs to go be a cop on some CBS show for olds.

e: Geostorm was good for hilarious reasons

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Pillowpants posted:

I ran across a new movie where Megan Fox plays the head of a group of mercenaries trying to rescue a governors daughter.

I passed

good choice - I watched that, one of her elite merc members gets snuck up on by a herd of elephants, and the rest die to a single lion because they don't know how to close a door or anything, then Megan Fox finds the lioness cubs and she sheds a tear the end. gently caress you lol.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

went to go watch The Boys on Prime, and saw it's being released weekly (3 eps only so far - but thats for another thread :argh: ) so instead watched The Mercenary

After having just watched Debt Collector 2, I wasn't really feeling Louis Mandylor as a "bad-rear end", tough, yes, but after this - man, he plays a great bad-rear end mother fucker.

It has everything an action movie should have, including having a priest declare you a weapon of god and go loving kill everyone and a training montage. It has some plot holes to keep it entertaining, and some fights just aren't long enough with some of the main bad guys, but there are a lot of them so to be expected, you still get like a 20 minute "climax zone" leading up to the end. 3.5/5

Also directed by Jesse V. Johnson, who now I'm a huge fan of. It's really cool that all these Stunt guys turned out to be amazing directors, seems to get to know a lot about the shooting the process

B-Rock452 posted:

Made a list for what to watch each night after I get the kids down, no deep dives but wanted to represent all my favorite stars and these are all movies I love

The Raid 2 (I have seen the original like ten times, this one only once

I mean I'm just going to assume you've seen Dredd but have to point of the obvious.

There's also The Night Comes for Us and Headshot with Iko Uwais if you wanna go all out crazy - highly recommend the former if you're in that mood - from the same producers/directors/whatever of the raid films if I remember right.

I would also recommend the Keanu directed/starring: The Man of Tai Chi. It's got a cool 80's/90's feel to it. It's got some amazing fight scenes throughout and the story is good enough. Tiger Chen is lethal

Hirez fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 4, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

B-Rock452 posted:

If you haven't yet, check out Warrior on Cinemax. I can't figure out how Cinemax tapped directly into my brain because combining the producer of Banshee, director of Fast 5 and the writings of Bruce Lee is pretty my my dream action fantasy.

oh hell yes, Warrior is amazing and everyone should check it out. Season 2 starts Oct 2nd.

I also really really really liked Wu Assassins - maybe it's because I'm the biggest Iko Uwais mark - but that show kicked so much rear end I have to re-watch it just to remember how good it is. It was just announced that there won't be a season 2 BUT they're turning it into a movie series

quote:

"I can't be a part of it because I'm committed to another series," he said. "But I think that's what they're going to do. They're going to do two movies of the week where Iko [Uwais]'s character moves from Thailand and South Africa. But COVID hit.

"I think they were going to shoot in Thailand for one movie, and then shoot in South Africa for the other."

:hellyeah:

Hirez fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 8, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

jojoinnit posted:

Our local English language action channel has decided to be on a Stallone kick this week for their nightly films so last night I watched Escape Plan and fell asleep during Escape Plan 2. 1 is forgettable as an action movie, but it's a good thriller

I agree 100% with you - in fact it's so forgettable, that I remember watching it a second time (thinking it was the first) and right before the big reveal/twist (I forget if this was part 1 or 2 even) I shouted "it's a loving boat, gently caress I've seen this!" . Escape Plan 3 is forgetable as well but still very watchable and it has Amos (from the Expanse - who I think could be just the coolest :swoon: ). It's one of those movie series' that get better with sequels/trilogies because they can get away with more insane poo poo with the previous experience imo

Another cool prison break movie that's probably underrated (or unheard of) is Incoming with Scott Adkins... in Space Prison; way way better than that Guy Pearce one

Hirez fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 17, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Yea, I re-watched it a year later and it was better the second time around. I think the disapointment comes from having such an incredible cast, I mean come on Adkins/Iko/Jaa/Chen (Tiger Chen owns in this movie - I also highly recommend Man of Tai Chi) should be an action movie of all time, but the story needed more, it should have been longer imo - looking up on wiki - the budget was only $5mil - which I don't know how accurate, but for that talent and production - that seems way tooo loving low.

I also just watched the new Adkins movie Seized - Maybe others won't find it as great as I do but I think it's just a few steps below Avengement.

I highly recommend going into it blind. It's really fun and a true banger.

4.5/5 stars

(also that was me recommending the mercenary so you know I'm legit!)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I had no idea it was a film, I thought you guys were talking about the show Jean-Claude Van Johnson this whole time as was confused - now I have to get around to watching both

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

uh obvious watch on Day 1. I'm starting to appreciate Frank Grillo more; he's been in a ton of stuff I watched recently because I'm running out of things to watch.

Wheelman, Point Blank and Donnybrook. I also remember liking The Punisher, mainly due to him - even if the itself wasn't that great. Is the TV show Kingdom worth watching? I don't think I've ever seen a show from them except Friday Night Lights, and by that point it was all downhill

Hirez fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 14, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

was it the one that had drunk GSP? I watched the reboots and they were both perfectly fine :argh: but I'm also a huge Scott Adkins fanboy (and even though he wasn't in these, they felt like Adkins type movies e: oh he was originally cast; along with Tony Jaa but both got out for whatever reason so he prolly would have been Moussi)

Hirez fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 14, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I remember watching all and they were all a let down and not memorable to me. Some cool action scenes obviously when you're getting like a 200m for the film its hard to gently caress THAT part up.

The one with the Spanish brother/sister could have been a lot better, but I think it was decent enough but dumb enough to make it forgettable; and that might of even been the latest but like I said, forgettable.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show (first season 9 eps, second season 22 eps on Fox) was the only "good" sequel/spinoff/reboot

Hirez fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 14, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Hirez posted:

The one with the Spanish brother/sister could have been a lot better, but I think it was decent enough but dumb enough to make it forgettable; and that might of even been the latest but like I said, forgettable.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

loving what?!

reading the wikipedia's, it was Dark Fate (the latest one 2019). Like I/others have said, it's decent enough but nothing great

Hirez posted:

The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show (first season 9 eps, second season 22 eps on Fox) was the only "good" sequel/spinoff/reboot

Justin Godscock posted:

If anyone wants "the true sequel to T1 and T2", just watch the 2007 TV show because it's the best we are going to get. It's legit good as well.

:hai:

This guy gets it

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Octy posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed Hard Target the other night and am now working my way through Jean Claude Van Johnson, so thanks for the recommendations in this thread. I'm not surprised the latter was cancelled. It seems to be the usual MO for streaming services.

The only Adkins movies I haven't seen at this point are Hard Target 2 and Ip Man 4 (I think) - only because I haven't seen the prequels, thanks for this post saying Hard Target is enjoyable
because the premise sounded kind of dumb so I'd been avoiding it - evil JCVD twins lol - I'll have do a Hard Target/Ip Man marathon this weekend and finish off my Adkins Catalog til the next one :smith:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I finally got around to marathon'ing the IP Man series and halfway thru part 3 and man does it kick rear end, can't wait to get to part 4 with Adkins :f5: but I'm really liking Donnie Yen - so quick and calm all the time - love when he gets like 20 punches in on a guy falling down from his kick...

I've pretty much ignored the whole Asian action genre for the most part - I've seen the usually 90's stuff (Infernal Affairs, Hard Boiled, The Killer; and not really a fan - I mean the stories are fine, just the production value aren't there if that makes sense); Can I get some goon recommendations on some good Asian action movies (I've seen all the raid/ong bak related stuff, looking for more recent stuff - 2015+).

Like just a quick look at Donnie Yen's page it looks I should see Flash Point, Special ID and The Monkey King; but any other recommendations would be cool as I've run out of american cinema thanks to covid.

vvv yea that's what I expected, I just want a list of some of the recent favorites around here

Hirez fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 17, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

True, I guess I never realized how many films there are just by going to each of those guys filmography. SPL 2 is one of the few recent ones I've actually seen because of all the high praise it was getting and I love Tony Jaa (though his filmography is pretty slim) and thought it was excellent. e: and yea hell yeah Wolf Warrior 2 ruled, seen that only due the Adkins connection

Basically in general I like the "Lone Wolf with nothing to lose going balls out on everyone" type movies, or the Lone Wolf being hunted by X. Undercover Yakuza/Triad stuff is always fun too. Basically I'm just curious to what some favorites are around here

Hirez fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 17, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Boco_T posted:

Rogue City (Bronx) (2020) - 1/5, Netflix
The only way this movie may have approached watchability was if it came with a diagram explaining who all the people were and forced you to pause at different points to review it. The movie has like 20 characters and they are all constantly double-crossing each other and you are never given a shred of a reason to care about a single one of them.

Very little action, and all the gun stuff is done with digital effects that look horrible.

wow. just have to cut in because I just finished watching this and thought it was the best movie of the year... and was about to come in praising it. Yes it's more complex than your standard Adkins movie. It's like a french The Departed if I had to compare it. It's absolutely brutal at times.

I do get your point about too many characters/etc - it helped being a wrestling fan that 3 of the bad guys looked like Ciampi (Bald guy), Roman Reigns (fatso), and The Miz (nadal).

4.5/5 from me

Also watched Primal with Nick Cage, as a hunter, on a cargo ship with a ex-spec ops hannibal lecter being transferred, who gets loose... and Nick Cage has to get this... hunt him down!

while ridiculous as it sounds, it was dumb/stupid entertaining, coulda been 20minutes shorter, but still a decent enough watch, I wouldn't recommend it, but its not the worst... 2/5

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Payndz posted:

Okay, who started this trend of "comic-style freeze-frame on someone as colourful bullet points about them appear in lieu of an actual character introduction"? I've now seen it in several crappy action movies (off the top of my head, The Losers, 6 Underground and XXX 3) and I want to know who to blame.

I have bad memory, but didn't Lock Stock and/or Snatch do it? other than that I think Wild Card did it,. maybe it just seems to follow Statham around. I'm sure it goes back way further. Zombieland 's another one that popup'd in my head that does that sort of annoying thing

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

that reminded me I watched that Jackie Chan + Arnold movie, and it was like way way worse than The Wall - with Matt Damon/Mandalorian (The John Cena "The Wall" owned :colbert: and everyone should check it out).

I mean I'd say it's almost a kids movie, but thee was like sword kills and poo poo if i remember right... and it prolly had an epic budget... it's a shame because The Foreigner has been Jackie's best movie in a long long time. Is Bleeding Steel worth checking out, it's been on my list but always picked something ahead of it

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Snowman_McK posted:

The TV show is actually really good. It ends with a bit of a whimper, but it contains some absolutely dope fights. The one at the docks (docks? I think?) was especially loving cool

If you guys are talking about the show Wu Assassin's with Iko; yea that show totally kicks rear end. and season 2 should be coming out mid this year

https://twitter.com/WirthwhileTV/status/1172185442847870979

I like Warrior a bit more, but I love Iko so it gets high marks from me eitherway

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Chas McGill posted:

I remember trying to watch the first season of Strikeback and bouncing off it, is it worth reading a synopsis and just trying from the 2nd season onwards?

B-Rock452 posted:

It's kind of connected but watching the first season isn't required at all. I have never seen it and I consider strike back one of my favorite shows

yea what this guy said, some of the middle seasons are loving fantastic - I really liked the South America one and the Africa one with Tywin. The show after s1 is basically british 24 with swearing and cinemax tits jammed into 13 episodes.

It's always some nuke/biological/whatever doubling down every episode with a cliffhanger. great show (even the newer new cast one; but as others said, the leads just don't have the same chemistry)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Pillowpants posted:

Can anyone recommend some good recent American revenge flicks

Something like Taken, Death Sentence, death wish etc etc.

The Foreigner with Jackie Chan/Pierce Bond; though I guess it takes place in Ireland - hell of a ride/movie

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Xtreme (Xtremo) - Saw this on netflix and was expecting trash, but the fight scenes are really good. The plot is decent enough where it doesn't feel like a straight-to-dvd movie. It's very much a ripoff of John Wick with Raid style fights but I really enjoyed it . The main guy is really good too, surprised he hasn't done much before (e: oh cool he's also the writer, not bad). It could have been better without as much cuts during the action since it seems like he can really go.

3.25/5

Hirez fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 10, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

since not much posted lately, this come out Nov 5th. Finally Scott Adkins back to kicking rear end, it's been a while since Seized :v: Also I say Ryan Phillippe is underrated, guy was lights out in the Shooter series (amazing ending and pretty good show btw)

:hellyeah:

Plot: In an effort to prevent a terrorist attack on Washington D.C., an elite squad of Navy SEALs led by Lt. Blake Harris (Scott Adkins) and a junior CIA analyst Zoe Anderson (Ashley Greene) must retrieve a prisoner from a CIA black site island prison.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 20, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

on the other hand, arguably his best film*, Avengement was shot was in like 13 days total or whatever. and yea the plot trailers always look bad - I can't imagine how bad his december movie with Dolph** is gonna be...

Basically he just needs to work with Jesse V. Johnson & Isaac Florentine

*Ninja 2 / Savage Dog are right up there,.
** drat, he has 3 films with Dolph in post-prod; Castle Falls, Section Eight, and some movie about Dog Pups or somwething. Man likes to work

Hirez fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 21, 2021

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

man I don't even know where to begin with the latest Adkins movie - I can't even think of the name and don't see any wiki/imdb page for it it : e: seriously i can't find any mention of it and don't see it on my server anymore... maybe I just dreamed it up in my head :catdrugs:

Hirez fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 4, 2022

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

yea Section Eight i turned off like 30mins in it was so bad... but yea I don't see the one in my head that I'm thinking of.

e: wtf it's 830am not 830pm... I think I had a crazy :catdrugs: type dream that only exists in my head ignore my previous post lol

e2: now that I've woken up it seems like I started Eight Section; it got so bad that I turned it off and just made up a dream in my head that was really really vivid whos who of people from bullet train (Pitt / Adkins / Bullock as the handler / Keanu as the Conucter; that some how turned into the Kumite on a train type movie that had 1 crew was fighting and the other crew was robbing it

Hirez fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 4, 2022

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I know I'm a little late, but I just watched Carter and while overall wasn't great and I think I ended up with CTE (though I thought it was really neat camara work, took me 3 sittings to get through tough but still technically fantastic IMO)... but that opening fight scene is loving BANANAS. At first I was horrified and with the POV view it made it feel like I just murdered 300 people in a sauna.

I think it's the most violent thing I've ever seen in my life, and it just kept going and going, it made all those Raid/Iko movies look like Mr. Dressup.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Grendels Dad posted:

Man, the semi-final not-fight in Man of Tai Chi between Tiger Chen and Iko Uwais is simultaneously fantastic and such a mean tease. When the latter gets into position to fight, you really want poo poo to go down, but then lol. But it's a great bit of growth for Tiger and a great lead-in to a kick-rear end final fight.

I kind of get disappointed at Triple Threat all over again watching that scene.

My thoughts exactly, Triple Threau is still fun at times (the jungle scenes), but everything else is just so mediocore at best. Basically if a UFC fighter is involved in the movie, it's going to suck.

As for Man of Tai Chi - I loving love that movie. Keanu's debut for those that don't know, and man I love Iwo but he was wasted in that film. If you ignore the "Police can trace IP's of encrypted high tech networks" - it's like a modern day Bloodsport.

Keanu is so cool in that movie with his Masks

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

dokmo posted:

Funny thing about that Sniper series is that none of those movies are particularly good, but almost all of them are pretty watchable. I don't think I've been disappointed by any of them

I marathoned them all (and recently watched the 9th that came out recently - easily the worst of the 9). But yea, they're all definitely watchable, they all blend together, but one of the early ones where he has like sniper battles with a sniper in eastern Euro is incredible stuff.

Also the Shooter TV show is really really good if you like sniper type junk like this, the first season is kinda like the Wahlbergers movie (or maybe the first few episodes), but then it goes like 5 seasons. Super loving Satisfying ending though. Loved it.

and since John Cena was being talked about earlier, he's in a really low-key good Iraqi sniper movie called The Wall. I need to re-watch it, haven't seen it for years, but I remembering having to talk about it to all my friends for days.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I watched The Wall again, after reading that sniper talk about what makes a good sniper movie, and I dunno I think this one hits it home. Both guys seem completely hosed, what a situation to be in.

I liked it better the second time even knowing certain things... man what a tense 70min movie. It's also directed by Doug Liman who gets too much poo poo for doing shaky cam, in his movies, but some of them deserves it :911: he rules)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Wu Assassins was good too, but I'm an Iko fanboy