Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Blade still whips rear end, but it is hard to understate just how cool that movie was when it came out. I was 14 when it came out, and me and my friends all thought it was coolest thing in loving history. everything about is is so concentrated 1998 that it is just perfect. The blood rave blew my teenage mind.

Blade ran so that The Matrix could also run, but on the wall in slow motion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Trains are just one long moving hallway so that sounds perfect

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Watching SPL for the first time because of this thread right now

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

VROOM VROOM posted:

SPL2 is great but nothing matches the melodrama of 1

I cackled when the guy had a dramatic goodbye payphone call, hung up, and immediately got stabbed by the bad guy sprinting in from offscreen

I read this spoiler just before this scene came on and I still laughed out loud at how out of nowhere it was

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

TBH I was pretty lukewarm on SPL until the final fight, which redeemed the entire movie and elevated it to amazing.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Remulak posted:

That Sammo fight from SPL was heartbreaking; I’m no moron so I know he’s been doubled forever, but it was so obvious in the fight that already was loaded with pathos. I’m sure I watched it in SD when it came out and had no idea.

https://youtu.be/dDi6LqmOQYo?si=5vKSVYj2eBag0rB8

This is funny to me because I thought that the older overweight man was moving pretty well even if he wasn’t as spry as I remember he was in Martial Law.

Also I couldn’t stop thinking about how many times Donnie hit him with that bag he throws across the room.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

I have just stumbled upon the trailer for Monkey Man, the directorial debut of Dev Patel, who's also the main guy kicking what appears to be a fuckton amount of rear end. Produced by Jordan Peele, which, yeah OK let's conquer action movies now. This trailer is ridiculous.

Trailer looks awesome! I looked up Dev Patel, and it turns out he played Prince Zuko in The Last Airbender, the only movie I’ve ever walked out of and asked for a refund. I wonder what his career trajectory would’ve been like if that movie hadn’t been so terrible, because if the trailer is any indication, the dude’s extremely talented.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I watched Lionheart when it was new on home VHS but didn’t see the end for some reason and now 30 years later I’m finally going to finish it thanks to this thread

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Heavy Metal posted:

Hell yeah. I have it at 8/10 myself. At least imdb gave it a 6.2, that .2 goes a long way. For the record I like it a lot better than Double Impact, gave that a 5/10, but I do like the idea of playing twins. Now Sudden Death, that's my jam. Bloodsport is a masterpiece for sure.

Michael Dudikoff rules by the way. I recommend Avenging Force, also American Ninja naturally.

American Ninja is a core memory for me, that’s the one where he rescues a girl in a jungle and then he’s an army guy and then at the end he assaults a mansion full of ninjas and uses a bow, right? That movie owns

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Narcissus1916 posted:

Hey all! Just a reminder that the best action show of all time, Warrior, is now on netflix! If enough folks watch there could theoretically be a show renewal so get to streaming y'all.

Thanks Op, been watching this for a couple days, I don't normally like gangster stuff but the fights are good enough that I don't mind it. It never gets old watching Ah Sahm beat the poo poo out of racists.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

ynohtna posted:

That's the one with the tank top sword fight, right?

e: hell yeah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkHBoeDFZdc
:perfect:

Holy poo poo this owns bones

The ponytail attack :lmao: IN SLOW MOTION!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

B-Rock452 posted:

One Piece rules

:hmmyes:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

trevorreznik posted:

I went nuts for that. Here ya go, not embedded
https://media2.giphy.com/media/v1.Y...g90mK/giphy.gif

Sorry I missed this before, but thank you, this is amazing.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Roadhouse kicks rear end

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Holy poo poo this is amazing. Kickin rad soundtrack too

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

quote:

as Isaac Weld, an Irish explorer observed in his Travels Through the States of North America (1799), castration
Ye olde dick-twist

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Also watched the new Road House, I don't remember the first one being this funny? They should have just gone full action comedy, it's 90% of the way there already. I was surprised, I lol'd a bunch of times.

Then it gets dark when Dalton kills that dude and puts his corpse on ice so he can frame the cop. I don't remember the first one having a scene like that either but I could be wrong, been a while since I've seen it.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah I'm roughly 20 minutes in and the ride to the hospital is the hardest I've laughed in a while.

Bump!

Moe is hilarious, probably, my favorite part of the whole thing

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

How's Daniela Melchior in it?

She was fine, i don’t think she was terrible or anything. I watched the original over the weekend and liked her more than the nurse in the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I gotta watch showgirls again. That movie is fun as hell.

I haven’t seen it, are the fights good?