Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

ArtIsResistance posted:

It must suck to have all the autonomy of being an adult but instead of doing a bunch of cool poo poo with your time and money you catch the nearest plane to Chicago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

White nerds don't get stabby too often

Or if they do they've usually spent all their money on nerd poo poo instead of a knife.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

motherfuckers too chickenshit to hold this bash in the ATL

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
lol everything about this app is trash

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Why would anyone spend money to fly in/get a hotel to participate in this.

I mean not even nerd shaming but you know, we all know, that the app is poo poo and has consistently had connectivity/network issues from launch. How Niantic, or anyone, didn't know this is how it would end is mind blowing

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I wonder how bad the stench was?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Lol "people still play this game?" and "it is so buggy!" and "gyms don't work"

Hot takes from people so retarded they can't even take five seconds to learn the latest bugs to trash on. Shoot yourselves, comedy virgins.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I wonder how bad the stench was?

I went to this comic shop once and could only stand the smell for about three minutes before having to bail. There was a Magic tournament going.

It was horrendous. Like a locker room but instead of people changing/showering/leaving the stench just grew and grew

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
i didnt know anyone still played or gave a poo poo about pokemon go i though it was a 2-week flash in the pan last summer.

pokemon go to the polls lmfbo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArtIsResistance posted:

It must suck to have all the autonomy of being an adult but instead of doing a bunch of cool poo poo with your time and money you catch the nearest plane to Chicago

Lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Crazyweasel posted:

It's sad because I bet none of these people getting hosed over are having the normal adult light bulb moment of.... "gently caress it, let's just go to a bar"

I lol at Pokemon bar crawls that involve zero drinking.

Ingress was the same game but at least the fanbase there used it as an opportunity to get a drink in a new area

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the meteor has forsaken us, and we are condemned to live out our days on this damp rock, hurtling through space at breakneck speed

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Crazyweasel posted:

It's sad because I bet none of these people getting hosed over are having the normal adult light bulb moment of.... "gently caress it, let's just go to a bar" but instead are chanting and being all upset their virtual anime pets aren't getting UPGRADED

I'm wondering this, too. You'd think they'd run into fellow pokemon go players at a bar and like share their mutual love of some silly phone app over a few drinks instead.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
there's a guy i see at a bar i like to go to on sunday afternoons after a bike ride who is always set up with his switch or ds or whatever it is sipping a beer and smoking turkish royals on the patio.

he was playing some zelda game but lately he's been into pokemon red on the virtual console. i bet he's a goon.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Pokemon go get a drink you nerds

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Pokemon go get a drink you nerds

get a malört since you're in chicago

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

The local news station just did a report on it, called Pokémon No Go, and from the looks of it it's just a bunch of people walking around parking lots and grass.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

emoji posted:

I find it hard to believe anyone used that app longer than a week after it came out, OP.

Last August I went to Vegas and Pokemon Go is pretty fun on the strip and old town. I named all of my Pokemon after the hooker cards they hand out.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Propaganda Hour posted:

Last August I went to Vegas and Pokemon Go is pretty fun on the strip and old town. I named all of my Pokemon after the hooker cards they hand out.

Pics plz

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Dude I don't want to download that app again

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Attendees get an extra hour in the pokeball pit!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

id play this app in a major city downtown, why not

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Barudak posted:

One of my coworkers was required to go to this even as part of work reasons. I'll ask him monday how loving terrible it was as well as what unfathomably expensive thing he comped for his time out there.

I hope he got a pizza at least.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

berth ell pup posted:

get a malört since you're in chicago

gently caress dude now I want a malort

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

food court bailiff posted:

gently caress dude now I want a malort

you rear end in a top hat

i have a bottle of malort i got muled back to me from chicago and now i'm gonna have to take a shot

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Wtf is malort is that a pokemon

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Wtf is malort is that a pokemon

It is a beverage made in Chicago that is a uniquely potent bouquet of horrendously bitter flavors that reminds you of how much you want to die in a Chicago winter during a Chicago summer.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Barudak posted:

It is a beverage made in Chicago that is a uniquely potent bouquet of horrendously bitter flavors that reminds you of how much you want to die in a Chicago winter during a Chicago summer.

Goddamn why is everything from Chicago like this

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

EnvyJ posted:

why does the charmander backpack have a charmander head

because its a build a bear charmander. my gf got my one. its kinda cute. i have all of them. i am gonna go eat a gun now.

http://www.buildabear.com/pokemon/?sc_hpan=collections_pokemon

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Lime Tonics posted:

This is turning into the Fyre Festival of the gaming world.

Maybe they'll start eating each other this time, inshallah

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Goddamn why is everything from Chicago like this

You don't live in Chicago and slowly turn into a round ball with legs if you have a non-abusive relationship with your foods.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Barudak posted:

You don't live in Chicago and slowly turn into a round ball with legs if you have a non-abusive relationship with your foods.

Lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

chicago sucks rear end

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

chicago sucks rear end

Sorry, if it can be sucked up its not thick enough to qualify as food in Chicago.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
i had half of a pony shot ten minutes ago and i can still taste it after a 16oz pbr and a cigarette

here is a terrible pic of me holding a bottle of it on my patio.

e: i do not live in the midwest despite the shirt and liquor combination

berth ell pup fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 23, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There is a vendor I work with where they close out all their events with unlimited Malort shots. The host has a habit of wandering around and making sure everyone has drunk theirs and calling people who don't finish it a Packer's Fan which I'm led to believe is worse than any other slur.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Barudak posted:

One of my coworkers was required to go to this even as part of work reasons. I'll ask him monday how loving terrible it was as well as what unfathomably expensive thing he comped for his time out there.

You must have a really lovely job. Sorry.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I for one am shocked that stuffing 50,000 extra people into a couple of blocks of a relatively low density city and then having all of them use their phones at once for one app while also wanting everyone else who has their app to use it as well would gently caress up cell reception and servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

turn off the TV posted:

I for one am shocked that stuffing 50,000 extra people into a couple of blocks of a relatively low density city and then having all of them use their phones at once for one app while also wanting everyone else who has their app to use it as well would gently caress up cell reception and servers.

chicago is low density? no really i have no idea i've never been and don't care to go.

• Locked thread